No announcement yet.

NBRA success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to let you know our insurance is the same policy thatr APBA carries, just less of it, 1 mill liability and 100k medical, as secondary, cost is $1015 per event (4 days coverage), $100 per day sanction fee, so for a 2 day race the NBRA fees are $1215, now heres where it gets cool, after all paperwork and fees are collected within 10 days after the race, the NBRA rebates the club $500, so bottom line for a 2 day race, not including any club expencises is $715
    Jeff

Comment

HEY MIKE (blue sky racer) NBRA CLUB not to far from you, contact Roy MacKee, NWA is part of NBRA
      Jeff

Comment

soo as i read nbra dose have insurance for the driver??? if say he flips and gets hurt???? ,, as i know now aof does NOT have any insurance for a driver if something happens???? wish nbra out here to be honest,,, maybe ille try and make a race out your guys way,,,illinoise?? or??

Comment

Yes we do have med insurance, but understand that it is only secondary, your own insurance pays first, then the race insurance pays any decutibale and out of pocket expensis, If yu do not have any insurance it will pay up to certine amounts, and yes there is a NBRA club out west it is nortwest water compention, contact Roy Mckee in washington
          Jeff

Comment

i would call,,,but seems there a big squabble bin going on here for a few years between the 2 groups,,, that ive only recently found out about,,,,,,,, so if i flip and dont have any insurance,,,, what would be the max that nbra insurance would pay for ??? curious,,, cause i know aof doesnt have any insurance to cover the driver,,, and last time i had a accident ie blow over my form-e hydro ,,, it was 4 brokenr ibs and a lung punctuerd in 2 places.....,,, also can you tell me what the general entry fees run per day to race say if i wanted to run one class a day... thanks for the info,,, deff food for thought

Comment

Cheyney,

Northwest Water Comp (NWC) is an NBRA club in our area. However, to my knowledge, they have not sanctioned a race here in several years but I know that Roy is still involved with the NBRA as stated above. Last event I heard they put on was a Jet Ski race. But maybe I'm wrong. I ran NBRA several times when they had races here in our area, In fact I even helped sponsor a few events and threw in some advertising money back in the day. They ran a good program. Stateline uses AOF because they have classes for the flat bottom inboards and the Pro's, whereas NBRA didn't. NWC always ran the inboards and the Pro's, but they were all grouped under one allowed special event deal. Maybe NBRA allows the inboards and Pro's now, but back then they didn't.

Mike
              Sattler Racing R-15
              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
              TEAM VRP
              The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Nwa held a race out there last year and i believe they are planning 2 this year, they are getting back on there feet. 100k is the max per injury, also officers, and directors lialibity ins included,( we look at this yearly) as far as entry fees that is up to each indivual club but most offten we try to stay the same at most all the races entries fee is $25 first class 20 second ahd 15 third plus $12 nbra driver fee so if you are only running 1 class the fees would be $37 hope this helped
                Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
                  Nwa held a race out there last year and i believe they are planning 2 this year, they are getting back on there feet. 100k is the max per injury, also officers, and directors lialibity ins included,( we look at this yearly) as far as entry fees that is up to each indivual club but most offten we try to stay the same at most all the races entries fee is $25 first class 20 second ahd 15 third plus $12 nbra driver fee so if you are only running 1 class the fees would be $37 hope this helped

Do you have dates for the two races? We would be interested if they don't conflict with our race dates.
                  Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

contact Roy Mckee @509-255-6237
                    Jeff

Comment

contact Roy Mckee @509-255-6237
                      Already did and he mentioned nothing about any planned races for this area.
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by dholt View Post
                        What is the cost of Insurance (to the club) for an NBRA event?

What type of coverage does it provide to participants? Spectators?

Thx.
                        APBA insurance costs are only part of it. There administrative costs are much more than there insurance costs. (gonna have some mad at me now)

Comment

to let you know our insurance is the same policy thatr APBA carries, just less of it, 1 mill liability and 100k medical, as secondary, cost is $1015 per event (4 days coverage), $100 per day sanction fee, so for a 2 day race the NBRA fees are $1215, now heres where it gets cool, after all paperwork and fees are collected within 10 days after the race, the NBRA rebates the club $500, so bottom line for a 2 day race, not including any club expencises is $715
                          Larger cities will require more insurances for there events, a million to 5 million umbrella is now the norm for major events. But NBRA's administrative costs are surely less than APBA s

Comment

Jeff, Sounds to me like you have come a long way, you should be proud. It almost sounds like the NBRA insurance covers more than APBA's when a driver gets hurt. The deductibles paid by NBRA, then up to 100K per injury. That is great for the racers.
                            Now, just add the classes and categories that you don't include now, and you have a great deal. (Pro, OPC, etc). Sounds just like a repeat of the hey day of AOF. Good work. Pretty soon your national meeting will be in Seattle or Boston or Detroit!
                            Connie

Comment

to let you know our insurance is the same policy thatr APBA carries, just less of it, 1 mill liability and 100k medical, as secondary,
                              Jeff, I'm confused.
                              I'm looking at the 2009 K&K NBRA brochure, and it says under Participant Accident Insurance, Medical Excess Expense.

Will cover up to $3000.00 with $100.00 deductable.

What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by raceright View Post
                                Larger cities will require more insurances for there events, a million to 5 million umbrella is now the norm for major events. But NBRA's administrative costs are surely less than APBA s

I think you may be referring to Liability Coverage, not medical.
                                NBRA liability is $1 million per incident, with no aggregate, according to the brochure.

Comment

Working...
                                X