Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Lanes in Life

Mr. Jack,

I understand and respect your decision - especially having been there. Hanging up your helmet is a decision only you can make. However, it does not mean the end of a race career, I hope it means a change in focus. There are too few good officials in our sport and I hope you know your prowess and conviction stand among the few. Once you are on the mend, arrive at the race without kevlar, but with a striped shirt and a whistle.

I hope to see you soon. I wish for you a full and speedy recovery.

Best regards,

Jeff
    Bigger, Louder, Faster
    Last edited by Jeff5P; 04-05-2009, 05:03 PM.
    Jeff
    5-P

Comment

Heart of a Lion

Jack,
      I've waited a couple of days reading other's tributes to you and your contributions to our sport while I try to let the reality soak in. I, too, respect your decision but recognize that you will have to battle second thoughts for years to come. While I'm still a bit numb at the loss of another racer from Team AARP, racing will go on because we are drawn to racers like you that make the sport so great for the rest of us.
      This has been a stressful year for you and for Marilyn and it has not just been racing. Hang on to your health and your family.
      I have to share a little story with you. Yesterday when I told my grandson, Mitchell, that you were retiring from racing, (keep in mind that he just finished his rookie year in J/AX) his comment was "I guess I'll just have to step up". He's just like you, Jack, The Heart of a Lion ! Mike, Raceboat 61-S

Comment

Jack, You The Man! Hope to see you in the pits buddy! You could just relax for awhile & then start racing again in about 20 years like I did! lol
        Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

I will miss racing with you Jack, when I started racing y80 in 96 you would have me follow you and keep me in the race. One thing stayed the same after that, most of the time I was still following you and come to think of it, you still kept me in the race. You are my friend for life and the door is open to the V-25 trailer for you.
          Alan Owen

Comment

good times

Jack, I enjoyed the few times we got to race in C mod. With you gone Ill have to hang out with the 3-B . ( I hang out with old guys to look younger) ps. can I have your stuff?

Comment

Well

I am sad to hear you are hanging it up from kneeling down in the boat. It is your decision, so we must accept it for what it is. You have become such a fixture at the races, never knew where you were going to be on any weekend. I have some fond memories of the races with you in attendence, especially one in Alexandria when you put me in my place. I learned then that you were not simply another trouble maker, and you comanded respect. You have mine my friend. There is not an ounce of give in your body, and you will stand up for whatever you believe is right. That is not just the makings of a great boat racer, but a great man. Thank you for being a role model to many racers. And I will look forward to the next time we see each other. You see, we can still race, they just call it beach racing. I sincerely hope you can run many races from the judges stand in the future, because you know what it takes to do it smoothly, and fair, and you keep the ball rolling.

I know you will be attending some races, as it is in your blood. Should you ever need any help with anything, you know you can count on me. Should you need a boat ride, I will help you out on that as well.

Dave
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
              X