End of the Game -Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the Game -Thank You

Thanks to all who have commented on my thread about my blowover. Many of you have heard me say that I've told my wife that I would hang it up when I was 70; well, that day came and went in 2007. Since that time, I have found myself in the water 3 times in which I took a hard hit in 2 of them. So I have decided that I'm going to fulfill my promise. Marilyn has never questioned my racing and has not done so now. As some are aware, I use to do another thing that does not rank real high in the longevity area so she is use to me hanging it out at times. This has been an extremely tough decision for me to have to make but it is time. I'm hanging it up before my actions result in hurting someone else or I take a more serious hit. I want to thank all those associated with our sport for all the great support, competition, and friendship. It's been a wonderfull ride, I'll still show up and help where I can. We have great people in ouboard racing and I look up to each and every one of you. Thanks ! Jack

Col. Stotts,
    While I respect your decision I must say I am sad to hear the news. You are a true gentleman and an asset to the sport. I look forward to seeing you at a race somewhere.
    I wish you the best in your healing process and will keep you in our prayers.

Russ

sigpic
    SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
      Thanks to all who have commented on my thread about my blowover. Many of you have heard me say that I've told my wife that I would hang it up when I was 70; well, that day came and went in 2007. Since that time, I have found myself in the water 3 times in which I took a hard hit in 2 of them. So I have decided that I'm going to fulfill my promise. Marilyn has never questioned my racing and has not done so now. As some are aware, I use to do another thing that does not rank real high in the longevity area so she is use to me hanging it out at times. This has been an extremely tough decision for me to have to make but it is time. I'm hanging it up before my actions result in hurting someone else or I take a more serious hit. I want to thank all those associated with our sport for all the great support, competition, and friendship. It's been a wonderfull ride, I'll still show up and help where I can. We have great people in ouboard racing and I look up to each and every one of you. Thanks ! Jack
      Good call Jack, even though we have never met I applaud and respect you for knowing when to walk away and I wish you all the best as you continue the healing process.
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Sorry to see you go

Hey Jack , at least you'll have time to look for those pliers.
        Good luck young man!!!
        RichardKCMo

Comment

I salute you my Brother.

I also need another good roper........... if yer available .....Gott'a watch those Mercs though..........they bite crank'n

Send phone# ..............please
          Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-04-2009, 02:38 AM.
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

The Best!!

Jack,
            That's what you are!! I haven't known you long, but I always hoped that when I pulled into a race somewhere that you were there and I'd get a chance to visit with you.

You always handled every situation with class and a sense of fairness that was so impressive.

I only hope that you will stay involved in boat racing because you make it better for all of us.

See ya in the pits!!

Be well,
            Brent Simmons

Comment

Jack,
              Sorry to hear about your decision to give it up. From one vet to another you will always have a place at my trailer to rest your feet, crack a cold one, or kick a few of the young ones in the backside and let them know what livin is all about. We never got a chance to set down and really talk at Jesup last year and I'm sad for that. you have to much to offer to the racing community so don't walk away I say its time to CHARLIE MIKE soldier. I have a proposition for you there may be one more mission if your interested PM as soon as possible.
              Jerry l. Oberlin
              P.S I Salute you for being the Man that you are

Comment

PS.... It Would be nice to see you and at least the boat at Franklin....How tall is that transum ?.........
                Wonder how it would carry the 4-cyl wizard?.....Yer still avail to test/set-up Friday, ........right?...........

PS,...Could always use help stay'n ahead of Earl and George Stillwell with the 63MPH A-MODs....got 3 rigs avail.
                Plus the 25XS Is avail for exercise if needed for a class......how tall is that trannsum?..................SEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAA.......my freind
                Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-05-2009, 05:34 AM.
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Jack,

You are one of my favorite people, period. It's always great to see you at a race. I hope you still plan on hanging around.

My grandpa threw in the towel at 76. He luckily didn't have a bad crash at the end. He knew when it was time to quit. The last couple of years he probably should not have raced but he just couldn't leave it. It was a terribly tough thing for him to do. You never get it out of your blood.

I know this has to be so hard for you too. Think of it this way, you have just entered another faze of boat racing. You could be one great mentor for a lucky up and comer. Plus you would be a great race director!

Tim
                  Tim Weber

Comment

I didn't hear her!

Jack,
                    What the heck's going on here. I didn't hear the fat lady sing! Seriously though, I'm happy for you, and that you were able to put as much into racing on the course as you have put into racing off the course. And three cheers for your wife. She has to be a remarkable woman to have supported you and your hobby all these years. Are you going to be summering in region 6 this year? I was looking forward to seeing you at a couple of TRORA races. (Especially Lakemore)
                    A famous general had two memorable quotes. "I shall return" and "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away". You've made your decision on the first quote, so you might want to, "Put on some sunscreen, come stand in the water, crack open a few beers, and at least slow down the process.

Respectfully yours,
                    Rick Wagner Sr.

Comment

Retiring Colonel Stotts

Jack, my ole friend, I just don't know what to say. Best of luck and best wishes on your next phase of either officiating, pit advisor or roping the motors. Most of us feel that you will not be far away from any race site. Rest assured that you will be a welcome pit man for me. Might have to assist Denise! Just another thought, How about hooking up with Dan Parker and the two of you travel the circuit? Bet Dan and you would be "thee team". Go for it Colonel!!!
                      B BURT

Comment

Thank you< Jack

Thanks for showing us all that a driver can compete hard and still be a class act both on and off the water! I always learn something when talking to you.
                        I look forward to seeing you at some races this summer. Until then, best wishes to you and your family.

Steve Wheeler

Comment

Thanks

Jack,
                          Sorry to not be able to call your number, but understand, you lasted longer than I.

I wanted to thank you for your great job at Zanesville Mod Nationals, and to tell you thanks for all you have done for racing. Good luck and hope to see you again shortly.

Ray

Comment

ding ding

*salute*

ding ding

Walker family
                            Last edited by B Walker; 04-04-2009, 08:09 AM.
                            302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

His name is Stotts,
                              We love him lots,
                              And his boat is red, white, and blue.
                              He used to fly,
                              Up in the sky,
                              Now he flies low and true.

Many a folk,
                              Have told many a joke,
                              And given many a pat on the back.
                              But none so near,
                              Or so sincere,
                              As a guy we all know by Jack.

He's one o' those guys,
                              He's oh so wise,
                              And he always looks out for a friend.
                              Jack I think you're swell,
                              I won't say farewell,
                              'Cause it's a new beginning, not the end.
                              Ryan Runne
                              9-H
                              Wacusee Speedboats
                              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Working...
                              X