No announcement yet.

Who was 99-J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody remember Don Christy from Baltimore MD? I am his grandson and tell stories about some of the
    Last edited by hchristy2013; 05-16-2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Don Christy is well remembered and well loved. Bring him to Sharptown and Denton

Comment

• 66-E ? Legendary. Don Christy is one of the most admired Stock Outboard racers of all time. His name comes up in conversation probably every race weekend in regions 3 & 4.
        I started racing in 1966 at nine years old and I remember watching him in awe, go from boat to boat to boat then go out on the race course and dominate in 5 or 6 classes every day. Amazing.
        John Runne
        2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

• Don Christy

Originally posted by hchristy2013 View Post
          Does anybody remember Don Christy from Baltimore MD? I am his grandson and tell stories about some of the
          Do I remeber Don? Oh yeah I do. In his early years I could beat him, but later on I saw his transom many more times then he saw mine. His father, your great grandfather & my dad always sat on the shore watch Don & I compete. WE were all good friends. Tell him Hi for me.

John Schubert

Comment

• 9D Boats

Great read on the history of these race boats. This Spring I was fortunate enough to buy both Don and Curt Brunjes boats. The BU/25SS boat will be run this summer at Vintage meets and I plan to run the Top Of Michigan Marathon with her, using a Merc 20H in the Classic division.The boat is in mint condition and was stored indoors in 1978 in Florida. The ASR boat will run a KG4H. My brother and I are currently in touch with Don and looking for any history and pics of these boats which were a unique design.Any help obtaining info on these boats would be appreciated. Thanks Bill---billshorney@gmail.com.

Comment

• After retiring from boat racing Don got into slot cars big time. He dominated there just as he did on the water.
              !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

• Donny also got big into Trap Shooting after he retired. I looked for him at many of the big shoots but always missed him.
                Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Working...
                X