No announcement yet.

Economy and 2009 racing season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just going to old school it a little more. After race baths in the lake and bring out the tent! We are not skimping on our favorite brand of beer! No Busch beer here.

My prop budget has been cut though.

Maybe we can get John to bring a couple extra lazy boys to sleep in.

Tim
    Tim Weber

Comment

Was going to get Back into racing this year. Will be at most regional races to help Patrol Boat duties. Will have to find a little side work to get back in a boat.
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

team John's

Will run a very limited schedule. Will attempt the MAJOR races Wn, div, Sn

Testing locally, however will take precidence

Comment

It's nice to see you still have your priorities straight John.
          When next I see you, please allow me to buy you a drink.
          Twisted Sister

Comment

"Its only money..."

I've dropped a few dates, but added others. My father keeps on telling me that I raced 67 days last year, not including travel; I don't see an issue with that, and hope to repeat it! In addition to boating, I have started a scooter gang which includes granola num-chucks upon induction and have begun plans to race in the Nanaimo bathtub races for '10. 2009's first race's entry fees that I will be attending will be somewhere around $600 - I'm going to have to save for that one...
            http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by don11w View Post
              We will be cutting back this year. I must be the only that races that had to take a paycut to this year that races? It sucks and those of you that know me know I would rather be going to a race then sitting at home. But when the funds are not there something has to give... Problem with taking a pay cut is you will probably never get it back. At least I still have a job in this market.
              You are not the only one , I took a pay cut too, and it will affect my racing this season. Just not sure how much it will effect it at this point.
              93-C

Comment

Pay cut here as well but still employed . I'll cut other areas before I start eliminating weekend fun. Like Tim I may break out the tent and revert back to my cave man roots .

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGJq8wrw5I
                  here ya go

Kip sent the short version to us a while back
                  Last edited by Kev43V; 02-19-2009, 02:09 PM.

"The Coffee Guy"
                  TEAM CAFFEINE
                  Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                  " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

2005-12 races
                    2006-10 races
                    2007-8 races
                    2008-4 races

If I didn't cut my racing schedule down last year I don't know if I'd be able to race at all this year. Middle America just isn't using and repairing their boats like they used to. My boss, (self employed joke) didn't cut my wages, but gross income was off by 20-25%, which was my disposable income.

2009? Maybe 3-4 races, camping in the van, bring our own food...

Comment

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGJq8wrw5I
                      here ya go

Kip sent the short version to us a while back
                      If we don't shut down the Mexican methamphetamine mega labs this could become reality.

Comment

Not only do we need to shut down the speed labs, we simply need to say no to anchor babies, no to illegal immigration, and no to illegal health care by way of the ER.

You would be amazed how much that affects everyone's racing budget without ever seeing it.
                        Bill Schwab
                        Miss KTDoodle #62C
                        -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Originally posted by Skoontz View Post
                          Not only do we need to shut down the speed labs, we simply need to say no to anchor babies, no to illegal immigration, and no to illegal health care by way of the ER.

You would be amazed how much that affects everyone's racing budget without ever seeing it.
                          This is a racing forum, your comments have absolutely nothing to do with racing. Please use the following message board for all your political rants and view points.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/
                          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Sorry, was just expanding another post. Yer right....
                            Bill Schwab
                            Miss KTDoodle #62C
                            -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Hasn't stopped my racing plans. Maybe to save money i need to stop putting holes in my hemp LOL.
                              Kyle Bahl
                              20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

layoffs

I work hard for my family and employer, just like everyone else here. I'm getting laid off starting next week. It's out of my control. My money will be tight, until the sale of heavy construction equipment picks up again.
                                It's a good thing I already paid for all my racing equipment upgrades... well,almost everything is paid for.
                                I'll do the best I can to move ahead with my racing season. I'll be racing somewhere, sometime. Top O' is my top priority, the rest is secondary.

Comment

Working...
                                X