Economy and 2009 racing season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy and 2009 racing season

Just curious as to how the "great economy" is going to effect your racing plans for this season? On top of everything else I figure fuel will be back up in price where it was for last year also. (No politics please)
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Hi Mike The economy up in Canada isn't doing much better we seem to lag behind but follow the same trends, our countries are so closely tied in industry that economic policies take us in the same directions.the US being the larger it's kind of like living on the whales tail.I will do my best to race this year as I did last but time will tell.I hope when this finally turns around it will be quick and we can all look back upon it as a lesson for the future. Cheers 96CE
    Last edited by Wayne mtl qc; 02-18-2009, 09:34 PM.
    Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
    The eh TEAM
    "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

At this point, it does not appear to affect my race attendance plans for the coming year ... but I have put off buying or building a new boat.

Comment

My plans haven't changed. I intend on running the complete USTS circuit and the Pro Nationals.

Comment

I may not race but I do assist setting up courses, tow boat and shuttle duties currently at three IB Races, Portsmouth-VA, Elizabeth City-NC & Hampton-VA. This year our Club "Carolina Cup Regatta" is assisting Roanoke Rapids-NC & Manteo-NC with an additional two. I am planning on them also so it looks like a 66.666666666666% increase for me!

Comment

We were planning on going to a few more races this year but we may just stay with the club races. The wifes job is hanging by a thread. She works at a lumber mill in the office and we all know how well the housing industry is doing. Mills are closing at an alarming rate over here!
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

So far

I have been extemely surprised at the number of new race sites in Region 1,2 and 3. We are licky in Albnay NY we are a max of 6 hrs to just about al of the races and as close as 20 minutes this year. I think 4 new sites this year alone. Locally racing will be king. We will stay closer to home when given a chance and replace our annual 14hr ride race with a 4 hr ride.

Comment

No way

If I have to get a job sucking farts out of the seats at the local movie theater I dont care...I'm going racing... Period. No one is taking that away from me.
                Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

Now that's the right attitude!

Comment

Less work, more play...

I have my priorities in line, instead of cutting back on racing, I'm just hustling a little harder at work. GL
                    Future J dad!

Comment

Let's Go Racin' !!!

My wife retired last November, we paid off our house this month, and the motorhome is parked beside the driveway. What else do we have to do but go racing?

Comment

We just applied for and got a 2.6 billion dollar hydroplane bail out from the newly passed "swindleus" package. We did not really need it, but we took it and have booked every race in the country, along with a week vacation after the race in the closest 5 star hotels near the race courses.

Pretty sweet deal, and only 15" of paper work to fill out, you apply through the newly appointed Hydroplane Czar Seymore Rooster Tails and his staff, located in the basement section of the west wing of the white house.

They finally figured out a good use for that pool in front of the Washington monument....testing!

Also written into the new deal was 330 million for propeller research, they have already gone through half of it, but have made an astounding discovery.... To make a propeller efficient, it has to spin on a shaft and must be fastened with a nut to the shaft, other wise it won't work.....

Seriously, we plan on every race in region 12 and 11, that do not conflict with he high school schedule, we decided that this is going to be an incredible year for us. We also are looking into a region 10 race or two, but, that depends on my work load.
                        Bill Schwab
                        Miss KTDoodle #62C
                        -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

good to hear it Bill, lookin forward to your r11 visits
                          DREW

Comment

I've chosen not to participate in the recession. See you at the Races!
                            John Runne
                            2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

We will be cutting back this year. I must be the only one that races that had to take a paycut this year that races? It sucks and those of you that know me know I would rather be going to a race then sitting at home. But when the funds are not there something has to give... Problem with taking a pay cut is you will probably never get it back. At least I still have a job in this market.
                              Last edited by Big Don; 02-19-2009, 08:25 PM.
                              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X