Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOCK Proposals for National meeting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amen, Brother Scott!

Seriously...there's a whole lot of whining going on by far too many.

Especially those who haven't stepped up and put their name on the dotted line in their racing (or should I say) non racing careers.

Think "We" instead of "Me."

I wonder what would have been posted in 1985 when the Merc 'A' was about to be completely kicked out of SO for the OMC 'A'. Gee, that didn't work out too well, did it?

Or when the 30-H was removed from CSH and CSR. Wow...CSH the largest class in all of APBA. What a mistake that was.

Remember...a failure to plan is a plan for failure.

SO Commission...good luck.

Comment

• I have read a lot. Is the intent to eliminate the 102 Yamato from C class for the year or for 2012. If this year just got a 102 and boat for 2009 and will not get to race. This sounds like whining but let the 102's go because of no parts not a paper decision. First year back after 30 years not racing. My sons are the drivers. Hope its 2012.

Jim Tower 118P

Comment

• legal engines

Jim,

great to have you and yours sons back in racing.

the 102 is still legal in the C classes, in 20SSH and in 25SSR. Bottom line - engines that were legal in 2008 are still legal in 2009.

The 2009 rule book is out and is on line at APBA-racing.org. PLEASE before we have anymore posts from people wondering if the equipment they have is legal for '09, go and read the rule book. enough with the rumors and speculation already.

the earliest any change can be made is Nov 1, 2009. we will have to wait for the annual meeting before we know what, if any changes have been made.

Bill
        Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

• Jim, There are no proposals on the table to eliminate the 102 from the C classes. However, there is talk of not allowing any more aftermarket parts to be approved after this year for any stock motors unless it is recommended by the manufacturer.
          John Runne
          2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

• Thank you for the info from both of you. Will sleep better. Sorry not looking at rule book. Next time will read more. Thank again.

Jim Tower

Comment

• Scott, You are correct hundreds have stayed, but many more have left. Yes I'm still here even through three divorces LOL. Things were presented to us HotRod owners by Racing Outboards and then they were never fulfilled. That was my main concern. I will support Racing Outboards and boat racing,but that doesn't mean I have to agree and be a Yes man. Yea I missed Whitney Point this year. I'm blaming it on Mikey Ross for not calling me back and showing his love for the orginal Pink Runabout driver! Scott keep up the Thankless work believe me I've been there.
              Tony Staron 33-F

Comment

• Troy - thanks for the update. Must be California, because I spent a couple hours twisting Region 10 arms last night, and came up empty. I'll shoot some e-mails down there.

Dr. Dan - I stand corrected. You ran a 202 last season. My point stands.

Tony - Just to confirm for everybody else, you do have an open mind and do listen. And an arm you're willing to have twisted.

Here's my experience with used Yamatos. My first was a 102 - given the cost of the package, I probably paid $2,500 for it. Stout motor - and illegal. So bad that Mod guys didn't want to mess with it. I got about $600 for from Ric because that's what he could get for parts (good thing 102 parts are scare, or I wouldn't have got that). Next was a 302. A friend had traded it for another motor, had been told it had 3 heats on it and hadn't been worked on; sold it to me cheap - he hadn't touched it. I sent the foot out to be shaped, sent the powerhead out for work. The motor guy called me and said "this isn't a three heat motor". it was filthy inside, and a previous owner had popped in an over size piston in place of a likely stuck piston. So by the time I was done, I had spent as much as buying new from Ric and having the work down. I even had drama with an OMC I bought, because a couple of motor heads thought it was illegal. I sold it, at a discount with that disclaimer. I believe that motor has since set four records and had a second at Nationals, never being questioned on full tear downs.

I won't buy another used motor unless it has just gone through a tear-down inspection, or just been fully worked on by a Montoya, or a Davids, or a Johnston, etc. Because if it hasn't had a full teardown, you don't know what you're getting, and the person selling may not even be aware of what they are selling you. Luckily there are guys like Daren Goehring and Gary Lewis (there are many, just two guys I'm familiar with) that sell good, legal equipment to new racers.

I'm willing to pay more to have some confidence I don't get screwed again.

We seem to be moving toward one-motor classes, and in most cases it is 15-30 year old motors be phased out eventually. I say eventually, because it remains to be seen next week if November 2009 is actually when phase outs happen. I think there will be lively debate.

A wise man named John Myers told me not to make equipment buying decisions until after National meetings. I can take sound advice.
                Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                sigpic
                Portland, Oregon
                Johnson Racing

Comment

• Do decisions made at this National meeting affect the 2009 racing year or the 2010 racing year?

Comment

• Originally posted by sam View Post
                    Do decisions made at this National meeting affect the 2009 racing year or the 2010 racing year?
                    2010- the changes would be in effect nov 09 at the earliest. the only exceptions to that are safety rules the could be in effect for 09 season.
                    At least that is what I have been assured by several people that should be in the know

"The Coffee Guy"
                    TEAM CAFFEINE
                    Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                    " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

• Not always true Kev. The commission can take any rule changes made at the National Meeting to the BOD for immediate implementation. If the BOD accepts then the change will be effective 30 days after publication in Propeller or on the APBA website.
                      444-B now 4-F
                      Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

• Thank you for the clarifacation Howie

I stand corrected it can happen

now out of curiosity how often has that happend?

"The Coffee Guy"
                        TEAM CAFFEINE
                        Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                        " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

• It happens alot. Mostly it depends on the racing commission and if they decide it prudent for the rule to be implemented for the current racing year.
                          444-B now 4-F
                          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

• Wait a minute, you mean I have to get Yamato to recomend the Ti rods I just spent 700 hours whitteling for my 102?
                            Ian Augustine

Comment

• Last Time

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
                              Thank you for the clarifacation Howie

I stand corrected it can happen

now out of curiosity how often has that happend?
                              It happened in Ocoee Winter Nat's a few years ago. The tuck rule that they implemented effective immediatly to discourage folks from tucking the engine in a lot.

Then the Tohotsu gearbox issue was one, not sure if that was a new rule, or just enforcing the current one.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• Pro Nationals and Stock Nationals ....

Any update on Pro and Stock Nationals Dates or Schedules with OSY/ KPro?

Thx,
                                Dan
                                BOPP

Comment

Working...
                                X