New Boats For 2009 ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hydroglobe17J View Post
    I don't have any actual pictures yet, but this is how I picture it in my Mind!
    Hey Steve French, I can't wait to run up along side you with this Baby!
    No need for any pictures, that is exactly what it looks like.
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

• Oh, I'm so Screwed!

Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
      No need for any pictures, that is exactly what it looks like.

Please Ryan try to get the lines a little straighter!
      Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

• My best luck

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
        Dean, I do not use Acetone anymore with Epoxy. Denatured Alcohol or Lacquer thinner. Works better and is cheaper.
        I have had the best luckwith rubbing alcohol

Comment

• Alcohol

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
          Scott,

Heck.......... that's what I drink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Sehr Schwer!

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
            So I guess it is true Scott: Candy is Dandy but Liquor is quicker!

Thanks for giving me one of my new all-time favorite boat racer quotes.

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

• Blair Kants' boat is in the jig

I'm getting ready to put the bottom stringers into Blair Kants' new MJR CSH
              Attached Files

Comment

• Just finished installing the hardware. Now it is time to get the automotive paint and wait for a few days in the 60's. That may be a month or more. The mornings are in the teen's still. Anyone have a easy way to make the transom work back and forth from a Y-80 and a Y-302. I have been told there is an inch difference. Just ordered the 302 so will be using the 102 for now.
                Attached Files
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Nice work

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                  Just finished installing the hardware. Now it is time to get the automotive paint and wait for a few days in the 60's. That may be a month or more. The mornings are in the teen's still. Anyone have a easy way to make the transom work back and forth from a Y-80 and a Y-302. I have been told there is an inch difference. Just ordered the 302 so will be using the 102 for now.

Nice work Mike ..... look forward to seeing it. Maybe you can make Lake Lawrence April (4,5?).
                  BOPP

Comment

• Mike, your new MJR looks great!

To accomodate the 302 I've seen some make a block just under 1" and screw it right into the top of the transom. Just make sure your clamps are able to grab the transom under the block. I bought a boat from Daren that he had a block made up with an allum. plate attached to the front back back side of the block that would slide right over the transom and then screw each plate into the transom. It wasn't too difficult to switch back and for so long as you had enough time between the classes. Another idea since I know you have a couple boats is to dedicate one to the 20SSH class and the other to CSH. Just a couple thoughts for you to play around with
                    Sean Byrne

Comment

• Originally posted by seanp3 View Post
                      Mike, your new MJR looks great!

To accomodate the 302 I've seen some make a block just under 1" and screw it right into the top of the transom. Just make sure your clamps are able to grab the transom under the block. I bought a boat from Daren that he had a block made up with an allum. plate attached to the front back back side of the block that would slide right over the transom and then screw each plate into the transom. It wasn't too difficult to switch back and for so long as you had enough time between the classes. Another idea since I know you have a couple boats is to dedicate one to the 20SSH class and the other to CSH. Just a couple thoughts for you to play around with
                      Thanks Sean and Dan. The transom idea is what I was thinking of doing but there is no big hurry since I don't think I will be painting till early April. I may come over to Lawrence to watch and pick up the motors.

Comment

• New CSH

Rather than build with cross frames and then cut them out, we set the frames on the outside of the cockpit then tie everything together with the core bottom that runs the length of the cock pit and width wise air trap to air trap. One cross frame at approx 8" fromthe tranom to miss your toes and one cross frame at the front under the steering wheel.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by reed28n; 02-22-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Shiney New Clamps.........................

Scott

Look at all those shiney new clamps.............are you passing the cost of those thru to Troy?? Go ahead, make his day!!

Comment

• Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                            Just finished installing the hardware. Now it is time to get the automotive paint and wait for a few days in the 60's. That may be a month or more. The mornings are in the teen's still. Anyone have a easy way to make the transom work back and forth from a Y-80 and a Y-302. I have been told there is an inch difference. Just ordered the 302 so will be using the 102 for now.
                            is that turn fin anodized red?? I gotta get some red ones from Lee!!

here is an adjustable transom setup from Wart's boats..........the riser is hidden between the aluminum (set up to at 80/102 height now........removed the wooden block sandwiched between the aluminum plates, loose the retaining bolts, slide the plates down and your at 302 height then................easy stuff!!

you better come get that 80 motor quick, before I convert it to a Bmod motor!!!!!!!
                            Attached Files
                            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Daren, yes that fin is red anodized from Lee and it looks really nice. The transom set up is just what the doctor ordered. I will work on it next. I can't come and get the motor till I have finished the payments. Are you going to Lawrence? Also I only want to make one trip and I have ordered a new 302 from Ric that hopefully will be ready in April. If storage becomes a problem let me know---NO MOD MOTOR

Comment

• It will be viper blue and silver and I might put legal numbers on it. Students are using my boat as project. The were painting used bumpers when I suggest they paint my boat. I will be taking over the 750 mod motor and lighting it up for them when it is all done.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X