No announcement yet.

Kevin Ladd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was sorry to here about kevin. Seems like yesterday we were bumping each other in boats and go- carts. we all will miss him. Jimmy mcCrea.

Comment

• race in peace kevin...

15-F

Comment

• This is a poem written by Ashley Petroni, who raced OPC with Kevin. She asked me to post it for her.

Here's to a great man named Kevin Ladd.
        Who always wore a smile, always happy, rarely sad.
        Cruising around the pits on your little blue bike,
        One hell of a boatracer, you always put up a good fight.

I suppose God may need you more than we do.
        But you'll still be around, good thing, because we'll need you,
        To watch over us in our everyday lives,
        Help us through our struggles and strife.

You were a great husband, a proud father,
        A best friend on both the snow and the water.
        But today we laid you down to rest,
        You're with the angels, and now they can learn from the best.

You don't have to worry about tow money.
        You can always race, rainy or sunny.
        So to the best boat racing buddy ever, you'll be in our hearts everyday.
        Welcome to Heaven, Kevin Ladd, your entry fees are paid.
        "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

• Outstanding!!!

Outstanding poem

Kerry

Comment

• So as racing season comes up really fast, I'm finding myself excited and stressed at the same time...the usual right before race time. But this year is very different. I'm also wondering how I am going to concentrate and do well while thinking about the absence of Kevin Ladd. I finally worked up the courage just to drive down to the Kankakee race site about 2 weeks ago (and it's only 2 blocks from my house). I just sat at Kevin's pit and cried. There are so many memories that play over and over again in my head every day. I'll definitely miss his margaritas and jokes, but most of all, I'll miss his friendship and advice. I'm almost at a loss for words, but I have so much to say at the same time.

Kevin, I just want you to know, I remember every bit of advice you ever gave me, not only about racing, but also about life. You will be in our hearts forever and always, and we know you'll be right there with us at every race. You are our angel. Race in peace, K. Ladd. I miss you with all my heart.

Alyssa Petroni

Comment

Working...
            X