• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's she callin' a Yankee?

Twisted Sister

Comment

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
      ..... I got the call from Gary last summer from my post "NW newbie looking for a 302. ....went like this... "Dan, I gotta reeaal good 302 I'd sell ya" ... the newbie I was I asked the one and only important question "Gary, is it fast" ....guess what he said .... "O' ya .... you need to git this one"

and it really is fast!

much thanks
      Thats a maatty powaful mota!
      "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Gary's buy-cheap method . . .

Once upon a time I owned an OMC-A motor. I hadn't seen the motor for several years after loaning it out to an up and coming J driver. J driver moved on to bigger faster stuff and Gary wanted the old OMC and picked it up from the former J driver. I get up with Gary in E-City to discuss monetary exchange to seal the deal.

Gary starts in with the ills of this OMC motor. Gary's mouth keeps going and going like the Energizer Bunny. Between Gary's easy Richmond drawl and the length of the engine ills dissertation I was beyond yawning and close to going face-down in the pits. That's when Gary struck with his cash offer. I forget how much it was but actually I was kinda happy I didn't have to pay him to take the motor out of my stable!
        carpetbagger

Comment

Abby in Gary's defense I will have to say we both came from the area of old mercs and without a doubt everytime we see each other we always ask each other if we have found any new used items of great need,man i think i could pull Phillip DiFebo into this as well i tell you they talk about addictions and no one could prepare us 25 years ago for collecting treasures. Gary i know you appreciate a good find as well as all of us treasure hunters of the early days.
          Old Archive Collection and Relic Defender LOL
          Tim Lee

Comment

Working...
          X