"Pull ova Travis, it's a yaaard sale!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pull ova Travis, it's a yaaard sale!"

Gary Pond in action. It's 7:00 am Saturday morning at Curwensville, PA. We have to make a "quick" stop on the way to the pits just in case there's "an ol mercury in there."

A close up of his usual schemes, wheelin and dealin!

Gary, are those Marsha's bedroom slippers your wearing?

Comment

Lmao!

Good 'ol Gary Pond, doing what he does best! That's my favorite quote, and thanks to Laurie Allen, (or was it Billy?) it is internationally known!
      "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

"Abby, run to the truck and git me a quawtah!"

(Stace, it was Bill.)
        Twisted Sister

Comment

He did find a good deal on a pretty little screwdriver though!
          Ryan Runne
          9-H
          Wacusee Speedboats
          ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Look at the DOG....................

The dog looks like it wants to take a bite out of Gary............. I think it senses Gary trying to short change that little redneck kid!!!

Comment

Late to the races again

So you were late to the races 2 weekends in a row...now we see who you learned it from Abby!

Comment

A little more info- he did make a purchase that morning- a purple screwdriver w/ flowers for a quarter. (hence-"Abby, run to the truck and git me a quawtah!") I brought 50 cents in case he found something else.

Janet, now you all know the truth, being late it really wasn't my fault. Can I be taken off the crap list now? lol.

Comment

Last years purchase...

Gary bought a five dollar mountain bike last year at a yard sale on the way to Thompson CT. That bike got used and abused that weekend because we had to park over the river and through the woods from the pits. I made many trips on that bike back to the truck, and every time I'd take it Gary would say "I got that bike for fy dollas!" I'd answer with "I'll give you five bucks for it then" and his reply would be "hell naw, at's a good bike!" Oh Gary... GL
                  Future J dad!

Comment

Gary aka(Fred G) did two yard sales and the OMC Dealer to in Curensville only one I know goes home from the races with more then he brings As Fred G puts it that one theresa is gona be a goodon
                    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

More speed??

My son Ryan and I watched you Abby from the first turn boat on Sunday. We think your poppa bought you some speed at that sale and you are not telling us!
                      You kept your line perfectly and did one heck of a job while sandwiched between two boats at full speed!
                      We were really impressed! Great job!
                      http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Walk a mile...

Gary came to Camden one year with a pair of sneakers he bought for "a dolla" at a yahd sale. I said, "Gary, how do you know someone else didn't have their nasty feet in there?" He said "it's ok, I'll just wear them in the watah to wash em out!" Thats good thinkin' right there!
                        "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

He can sell too.....

[QUOTE=abbypond;82061]A little more info- he did make a purchase that morning- a purple screwdriver w/ flowers for a quarter. (hence-"Abby, run to the truck and git me a quawtah!") I brought 50 cents in case he found something else.

..... I got the call from Gary last summer from my post "NW newbie looking for a 302. ....went like this... "Dan, I gotta reeaal good 302 I'd sell ya" ... the newbie I was I asked the one and only important question "Gary, is it fast" ....guess what he said .... "O' ya .... you need to git this one"

and it really is fast!

much thanks
                          Last edited by drbyrne55; 07-03-2007, 11:22 PM.
                          BOPP

Comment

i'm loving all these stories, and i would like to commend everyone (especially all the yankees) in your expertise of writing out the southern drawl.

i've seen a lot of good and bad things come home with dad on his road trips. best thing he ever brought back was a $5 microscope from a yardsale that i got when I was about 11, worst thing he ever brought was a nasty pair of black reeboks that he found on the side of the road. he swears to this day that "they was just like brand new"

Comment

haha abby.. Your dad puts a whole new meaning to the redneck dictionary....
                              Giew....Jill
                              Jurry....Jerry
                              Maaaty...mighty

the list goes on and on! haha

Comment

Working...
                              X