Forum acting funky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum acting funky.

The forum is acting awfully funky. I get error messages when posting or replying to posts and the response count isn't working. Is anyone else having these problems..?

https://hydroracer.net/forums/forum/...r-when-posting

Now when I post the same message comes up with no post noted but if I leave the tread and go back the post is there?

But not always like this time, go figure?
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

I have not been able to upload a picture OR see any pictures of Albert's Bezoats rebuild except for the first post with green paint on it. I just see a little dot (a bullet dot) where the picture should be. I've pretty much stopped checking this site...

Comment

25xs,
        the forum is definitely wonky. But I would try a different browser and see if pictures show up.
        I am not using this site to host or upload picture. I also checked on a few other computers and the pictures do show.

Comment

I am working on the picture issue, so far I have ideas but have been unable to resolve them. Please be kind for a "free" site I do the best I can. I am not sure what the other "wonky" issue means? I may know after I try to post this, but unless someone lets me know there is a problem I may not always see them. I am using Microsoft edge as my browser and you must be logged in with your user name and password to view pictures, it has always been that way. There is also a couple different ways to upload pictures as thumbnails (tiny pictures) or larger items in your actual post.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

figured out what "wonky" is and I am requesting support. Also discovered I cannot even post a 2MB JPG picture. I am working on this also.

I also note in testing that when you edit your already existing post it does not give the error message. Again working on it.
            Last edited by Mrs blueskyracer; 11-20-2020, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
              figured out what "wonky" is and I am requesting support. Also discovered I cannot even post a 2MB JPG picture. I am working on this also.

I also note in testing that when you edit your already existing post it does not give the error message. Again working on it.
              New to your site, it’s a great resource. People who truly want the knowledge will work their way through it.

I guess this post is the equivalent to me walking into a dinner party and telling the host they have a lovely home.

Edit: this post was made without error messages.

Double edit: so was the edit portion.

Comment

Picture issue fixed 2mpDSCN1005.JPG In case any of you are wondering this is the Grand Teton's in Wyoming!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mrs blueskyracer; 11-22-2020, 08:21 AM.

Comment

@Mrs blueskyracer:
                  We appreciate all that you do, especially being that this is a free site. Thank you.

Comment

• bh/
                    bh/ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    -not really a 'free' site, as they do appreciate contributions to defray costs, as does Wikipedia. I had to log back in this AM, 1st time in years, so check that if u find that you can not post .

I’ve had to login every time the last while too, used to remain logged in all the time.

Comment

I have to log in every time I come to the forum. This is not necessarily a bad idea. However, that is not always part of the forum it can be part of the settings on your computer; what is stored in the cache, history, cookies etc. Operating systems are getting more and more security built into them and you have to make sure your settings store your passwords. Obviously storing the password to hydroracer has less consequences that storing the password to your bank, but you get the idea. Still need to review the "posting issue" and it appears we have yet another upgrade to handle, and that always seems to be where the bugs appear. And while the site does accept donations and do a membership drive every year, that is the only way that it is funded other than the google ads that are on it the rest I put up personally.

Comment

And, I didn't get the posting error this morning so perhaps solving the picture posting error also solved the posting error. One could hope and if that is the case I am going to hold off on the upgrades until after the holidays.

Comment

Tried uploading directly earlier and received this.

Comment

testing, post came up with no error message but it took excessive time, picture came up no problem. Pic is UIM Lake Alfred 2008
                          Attached Files
                          "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Loaded the picture and it didn't take more than 10 seconds, post ok also.

Comment

• Albert
                              Albert commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Tried to upload again today, both from a phone and a pc and received the following error.

Error while saving content: %1$s

Error information: " 500 error Internal Server Error"
                          Working...
                          X