Boat racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat racks

I have a 7x16 enclosed trailer that I have vertical E Track and wood racks in for hauling my boats. I would like to go to Steel to hopefully gain a little room. My Question is what size and wall thickness should I use to span the 7 foot width of the trailer and what size should I use length wise. The hulls I'm supporting are CSH size.

Are you looking to keep the etrack? or do a metal walk through style racks?
    spider pig, spider pig, spider pig does what'ever a spider pig does.

Comment

I'm keeping the Etrack. I'm currently using a 2x6 width wise and 2x4 for the length. So that's about 9 inches. I would like to see if I can get 3 boats in my trailer

Comment

• Dave Cofone
        Dave Cofone commented
        Editing a comment
        The boats only weigh 120-130 lbs. Why not replace the 2x6 with 2x4 to gain a couple inches.

Look into pipe strut channel. Check dimension to see if it drops into the ETrack brackets. The strut might also be used for the bunks as well. The 9 inches you have will drop significantly. Just be sure to keep enough bunk height so the sponsons and air traps clear your cross beams that sit in the ETrack brackets.

The strut comes in 1 5/8 x 1 5/8

Or

1 5/8x 13/16
      Last edited by susqueduck; 07-30-2019, 02:39 PM.
      11P Joe Sees III

Comment

1 1/2" fits into the stack supports that are designed for 2 by's. 1/8" wall thickness should be more than enough.

Comment

I bought a set of these when I thought I was going to purchase an enclosed trailer. https://www.lodimetals.com/e-track-load-bar-102

they slide to the width of a 7' trailer and hook into the etrack so they are removable. I don't need them so if you are interested, let me know. I think they would work well.

Comment

Working...
          X