Sad news about Jeff Hutchins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our condolences..............

Been a rough 2011 so far in the boat racing community. Our condolences to the Hutchins family. It was always great to compete against Jeff.

Matt D'Agostino

Comment

i remember looking at the transoms of jeff and billys hydros many time. jeff was a very good driver and good to race with. they knew how to make a hydro run. bill bsh that he ran at the beaver natls in 65 was the most impressive b i ever saw. later i went to a few used car auctions at tampa with jeff. he was a quiet man and and enjoyed those visits with him. he will be missed.
      my sympathy to the family.
      rest in peace jeff.
      john maddrell family

Comment

jeff was a great driver and i loved to race against him,he was a very hard driver ,but also a clean driver. he alwas showed great sportsmanship he was one of the very best and he was my friend . and i will miss him forever. jimmy aderholdt

Comment

Just Dam!

Geez I'm sorry to hear this, Jeff was my only friend in Florida as I always said to him. We raced together in Florida as we are the same age. I'm gonna miss talking to him and reminding him of the Cad convert that he used to use to come to races, and when he thought it was a good idea to sleep in the back of it at one of the races. Seems he woke up under a ton of beer cans from the nite before in that convert Cad. Only Jeff! miss him already. Steve

Comment

Our condolences to Kelli, Nicole, Jennifer & Theresa along with everyone that had Jeff touch their life. We have lost a true legend from the racing family.

Those that never had the pleasure to watch Jeff race, you have truly missed out on one of the best racers we have ever had the joy to have in our group.

One quick story…We’re at Dayton Ohio, I think it was around 1978 or something like that. We’re racing BSH and we get to the 1st turn and Jeff passes me on the outside in the corner, he’s sitting in the back of his Craig Craft boat floating the sponsons around the corner. Now understand this was before we were all doing that and the boats were designed to do that. We get to the second corner and I figure I should try it. That lasted about 0.8 second and I was swimming. When I got to the shore Don Sr. asked me want happened and I told him. He started laughing and asked if I learned anything. I said yea, I think I need to go ask Jeff how he did that.
            Attached Files
            "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Forgot to add earlier..........One of the best memories I had after a long discussion with Jeff was why he was riding a PINK Harley. He said it didn't matter what color it was..........it mattered that you were man enough to make it a non issue. He was............

Comment

very sad news a great guy ,great racer a pleasure to chat to at the races our best to the family ron & PAT

Comment

kelli, nicole, jennifer, theresa,

u are all in my thoughts and prayers, i had the pleasure of having u all live 2 houses away from me for a long time here in wisconsin. i was lucky enough to be the ring bearer in jeff and kelli's wedding! he was a great man and from all the stories i have heard one of a kind racer! this sport that i have been lucky enough to have touch my life, brought so many great people to my life, and jeff was one of the greatest! thank u jeff for touching my life, rest in peace my friend! u will be missed!

Comment

louise billy family friends there are no words ever to exprez our loss ive known you juys a long time jeff was one of the best family friend driver everything god bless you all race in peace to the front billy jane rachel

Comment

It's sad to here this news. There seems to be alot of this going on lately. Jeff was truly a great boat racer as were his father and brother. He was always on his game, no matter how late we stayed up partying. It was a pleasure to race against and learn from him. He was a good friend. Race in peace Hutch, you won't be soon forgotten. To Kelli and the girls he was always so proud of, my heartfelt condolences on your loss. Be well.

p.s.- Hey Joe. He sure did build an ugly boat. Long live the Rhino!
                      John Runne
                      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Back in the 60's Jeff and family helped me to move from the back of the pack to the front unselfishly. I will always remember him as a great driver, upstanding person and pisser to hang with. Our condolences to the Hutchins family. Godspeed Jeff.
                        Half Moon Racing Team

Comment

Jeff's passing

This is a real shock to me , such a young man to be taken from life. I last talked with Jeff and Bill at the Ocoee race in 2009. I hadn't seen Jeff since the Grapefruit Circuit in the 1970's when I raced against him in 25ssh so I was pleased to get to meet him since then. He was there on the beach looking at the competition. I went over said who I was and we had a nice chat about boat racing. He recalled I was the fast Hal Kelly Wetback hydro guy that wound up in front of his Craig Craft at a number of Region 5 races. It took me a number of tries to do that with the help of Harry Pinner on props and stratigy. He was a tough competitor, great driver and just a nice guy to know. I learned alot just watching his transom in 25ssh and the other races he competed in. A real expert.

I will miss the him, we have lost a nice man.

My prayers and condolences to his family.

Pete Sushinsky
                          64F, 94F
                          20ssh, 25ssh
                          "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Jeff was one of the most incredible starters in outboard history. If you ever hear someone say “He started from downtown Dayton”, that phrase was created from Jeff Hutchins. He would start at the far end of Hydrobowl lake in Dayton, Ohio. You could barely see him down there but when the clock hit zero he was right on the line and haulin’ arse!! I second the statement that if you beat Hutch you accomplished something. One of the true legends of our sport. Jeff will be missed by many. Rest in pease Hutch.

Comment

If there was ever a Stock Outboard Museum, one of the first boats to be included should be the red decked Craig*Craft of the 50-F.

I think he ran ASH, BSH and 25ssH all on that boat. Waxed many fields with it. Like TK said, the sight of Hutch starting in lane 12 at the Dayton Nationals and beating the entire field to the first turn was a thing of beauty. No one ever did that...or has since.

Guy won 10 Nationals in an 8 years span in ASH, BSH, 25ssH, 15ssH and Super C.

What a legend.

RIP.

Dana

Comment

Epic

Midge Brown took the picture below of Jeff...possibly one of the best all time shots of a Stock Outboard, any time, any where. Taken at Dayton in 1981.

Here's to you, Hutch....one of the best.

R-19
                                Attached Files
                                www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Working...
                                X