• Show
Clear All

• Josh & Jeff Racing in Equador

Will they ever want to race here again!
    Attached Files
    Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
    The eh TEAM
    "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Just wait until the party after the race on Sunday.

Comment

They may not even come back!
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne mtl qc View Post
        Will they ever want to race here again!
        The smile on Josh's face says it all!!!!!

Gootz

Comment

You guys are my heroes......... I think there's a big lesson to be learned here, are you listening APBA ?

Sam,

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
            They may not even come back!
            Leave em there, and send the women in blue back to US.
            sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

Is Josh smiling because he won, or is it the girls? I hope they're his pit crew for Top 'O

Comment

Grrr

I remember as a kid the IOA always had these kind of deals at the local races. Seems like back then the towns had a festival we were a part of and there was always a "Queen" of the parade, or Ms Indiana, or something at the races. I remember as a kid trying to get a smooch from one while getting a pic. Those were the days !!

I can see I need to come to Equador and give these modifieds a try !!!! Both of those guys are married, they can be my wingmen !!
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Its been great so far. Jeff and I have having a great time. The hardest thing i´ve noticed so far is the language barrier. It can be metally taxing to try and understand each other. A big thanks goes out to Xavi Yela (ha-bve-air Yela). Without him we would be completely lost. The younger generation in Ecuador are taught english in school along with spanish. The kids have become very important in our communication. The family of boat racing down here is just like what we have in APBA. Everyone is very helpful with each other. Nobody likes to see anyone left on the beach. They also have some pretty good rivalries between groups…. Kind of a region 6 and 7 thing.
                  Jeff and I have been treated to home cooked meals that past few days. They´ve been great! Nelson Yela´s mother is a wonderful cook and the food is very good. Enrique (the Tiger) Echanique´s family made dinner for us last night and it too was very good. They waited until we were done to tell us what we were eating though. And i´m glad they did… cause I normally wouldn´t be eating cows feet. But I must say it was very good.
                  We are pretty much set for the race at this point. We go on a tour of the race tomorrow to see all the challenges. By the sounds of it the toughest challege with be navigation, rapids and trash in the water.
                  Ok… gotta run… they are here to pick me up
                  Adios
                  Josh

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Outlaw View Post
                    Leave em there, and send the women in blue back to US.
                    Gotta love it...hahaha
                    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Looks like Josh has a good hold of her and probably didn't want to let go after the pic was taken!!

Comment

Thank you very much for so many well wishes from home. It´s true we are having a great time. Our hosts have exceeded all expectations. Josh and I both plan to use this experience to gather knowledge for future driver exchanges between the APBA and Boat Racing Ecuador. We want to have a great time, but we´re also looking to help others experience this race.
                        The big race is Sunday!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                          Thank you very much for so many well wishes from home. It´s true we are having a great time. Our hosts have exceeded all expectations. Josh and I both plan to use this experience to gather knowledge for future driver exchanges between the APBA and Boat Racing Ecuador. We want to have a great time, but we´re also looking to help others experience this race.
                          The big race is Sunday!
                          Good luck Jeff we are watching on Facebook also, have a great time and be safe during the big race :-)
                          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Josh & Jeff,
                            Do your self a favor and take ear plugs to the party after the race on Sunday. I wish I had them 5 years ago. The music is very very loud, every one wants to talk to you in spanish, you can't hear them or understand them. You just smile & nod your head.

Darrell

Comment

Barrier???

[B][QUOTE=pearson95m;178497] (Its been great so far. Jeff and I have having a great time. The hardest thing i´ve noticed so far is the language barrier. It can be metally taxing to try and understand each other.)

Josh, I cant beleive there is that big of a language barrier between you and Jeff. He is only from Illinois!

Good Luck

Veum

Comment

Working...
                              X