No announcement yet.

Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To clear the safety issue up there are course safety and rescue boats stationed at the riskier parts of the course. The state and local law enforcement marine patrols clear the course and are stationed on the course to handle emergencies such as routing ambulances. There is a sweep boat that follows the race and clears the course for the restarts at each end. Everyone is connected by communication, radio and or cell phone. All the drivers are required to run the course in a jet boat to learn the course beforehand. Any particularly bad areas, especailly in low water conditions are marked with buoys to the extent of a mandatory manned yellow flag zone.

Comment

I'd think if you hit a rock, the rock would be replaced at no charge with a similar or larger rock of your choice ...

Comment

It's actually a cakewalk except for the rocks and debris, the rollers and the wind, the patched-up ,obsolete equipment, the rookies, officials and the other drivers. JK
        Oh, yeah, i forgot the blowovers, stuffs and unscheduled, hooked sponson ejections. But , you know, when she's flyin' smooth at around 80, there's absolutely nothing
        like it
        Last edited by robert calvosa; 03-31-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Larry, How long has it been since you quit running 2 way traffic and one was was introduced? That had to be a blast passing head on!!!!
          Mike Bartlett

Comment

I think it was 1998 when Cal-Ore started one way racing. Cal-Ore went 40 years without much in accidents then suffered three deaths in one year from head on collisions. River racing was redesigned to follow what jet boat racing was doing at the time with one way legs and a sweep boat. The river racers retained the mass bank start. It was spectacular to watch boats going both ways though.

Comment

Larry,
              It has indeed been a pleasure to see a bunch of people having fun in what appears to be a somewhat unstructured form of racing. Unstructured...being the operative word. I clicked onto my trusty APBA-Racing site to look for your rule book - aint there. I looked for the minutes of your annual meeting... kudent finedit. I looked to see if you baloney's were in the Hall of Champions.... uh uh!! So, I have concluded.... like the photos of our moon landing... that you guys (and girls... I would darn sure hope) really don't exist. The fact that you say you can race without "outside course markers" just proves that. Besides... looking at the photos (obviously photo-shopped) having THAT MUCH FREAKING FUN..... no wonder we're losing membership(s) over the past 15 years in SO & MO.

Yours Truly (tongue stuck in cheek),,,
              Alex
              aka "the Mad Russian" 12A DSH.. an anachronism in his own right

ROCK onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
              Last edited by ram95; 03-30-2011, 06:00 PM. Reason: dicked up spelling

Comment

Very Cool

I watched a few of those videos on You Tube a while back, and I have to say, it looks like a real blast ! This is true marathon survival !!!

Hope you guys keep the rules simple, and the main thing, have some fun while competing !! I love that you guys put stacks on, it is so much sweeter sounding !!!
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

The sweetest sound in the world for a river racer fan is the middle of the course is hearing the high pitched sound of the boats echoing off the canyons. You hear the sound miles before the boats reach you and then in a flash the first boat rounds a bend in front of you and it seems like just in an instant they are gone. You can't wait for the return leg to view the spectacle one more time!

Comment

I was just re-reading an interesting thread from a few years ago regarding proposed changes to D stock rules. I was only vaguely aware of this at the time and am wondering how it's playing out. Cal-Ore River Racers has had a longstanding love/hate relationship with the old "44" and currently it's about the only thing that's not debated at our meetings. Although it's true that 50 hp fishin' motors are still plentiful- the possibility of circle racers abandoning the 4-banger has me thinkin'...'score'!! The motor I'm building right now actually did come from a junkyard (20 bucks) It's an 1866 casting with a lot of potential : to go or to blow...W F O
                    Last edited by robert calvosa; 04-01-2011, 09:13 AM. Reason: some smatas told me 'alot' is not a word

Comment

Originally posted by robert calvosa View Post
                      the possibility of circle racers abandoning the 4-banger has me thinkin'...'score'!!

This is an April Fool's joke, right?

As far as I know, 44's in 750 (D Mod) are popular anywhere there is mod racing ... with no end in sight

Can you point out what you are talking about?

Comment

Blast!

and I thought goin down in a raft or kayak was fun..I am ready to give it a shot!
                        Time to go fishing!

Comment

44's 4-ever

Originally posted by sam View Post
                          This is an April Fool's joke, right?

As far as I know, 44's in 750 (D Mod) are popular anywhere there is mod racing ... with no end in sight

Can you point out what you are talking about?
                          Well the thread was pretty old and I guess there was some talk...
                          Pretty sure it was all about opening-up SO to 3cyl motors.

Comment

does any one else remember this subject?

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                              does any one else remember this subject?

can you read?? he said opening up the D stock classes to the 3cyl motor (Tohatsu), of which was done.......

see ya Sunday morning Larry D..................guess I should get that FEH back on the water.....
                              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

So that will cause Tohatsu's to become the dominant motor in D and the 44 will be abandoned in stock and current owners will sell their 44XS motors cheap?

You could be right
                                Last edited by sam; 04-01-2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X