Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** guys...........lets move on...........its over.....

how about getting your asses out in the shop and work on boats!!!!!!!!! Still plenty of racing to do this year...........
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Team 222R
      not sure i understand how still being surprised that after the guy who wrote the tohatsu rules has admitted that there is no performance advantage. admits it was an error in the writing yet still some say dave's hole filled by a battery cable was a performance advantage.
      So don't you just think the inspector was going by what is currently written in the rule book ?? Which would state that he should be thrown out due to the fact that the grommets were missing. Regardless if it is a speed advantage or not, that is what is written in the rule book.
      Dylan Runne

Comment

• Originally posted by mercguy View Post
        "This is arguably a speed advantage"

.......................prove it to me!!!!!! If that was so, then why don't the Yamato owners get tossed out for having a HUGE hole cutout in the side of the front cowl or even allowing a homemade cowl to be made..........also, you might want to check out the 44XS's with electric start............they have the same hole size where the battery cables go through..............

PS............leaving the plugs out allows water to get into the cowl and into the bottom carb, etc...............definately NOT a speed advantage............been there.....done that...in testing...........is that good enough proof for you ????

PSS: I really have a very hard time believing that the inspector would toss out the driver for just the grommet missing where the battery cables enter.............something else must be involved...........
        Are you saying that because it was a non speed advantage he should not have been DQ'ed?
        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• Interesting thought that the rules should be ignored…where is that line drawn then???

It was not ignored, the inspector ruled they did not meet the rule and the boat was DQ'ed. The driver filed a protest and the SORC put him back in. Dave could have done the same thing but he chose not to for whatever reason.
          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

"This is arguably a speed advantage"

.......................prove it to me!!!!!! If that was so, then why don't the Yamato owners get tossed out for having a HUGE hole cutout in the side of the front cowl or even allowing a homemade cowl to be made..........also, you might want to check out the 44XS's with electric start............they have the same hole size where the battery cables go through..............

PS............leaving the plugs out allows water to get into the cowl and into the bottom carb, etc...............definately NOT a speed advantage............been there.....done that...in testing...........is that good enough proof for you ????

PSS: I really have a very hard time believing that the inspector would toss out the driver for just the grommet missing where the battery cables enter.............something else must be involved...........
            You didn’t feel the same way in New York when you admitted that 15 year old that WON a nationals on the course and was DQ’ed for a boat rule (that was later ruled to be legal at the national meeting, but it was too late to still award her 1st) and admitted that it was not a speed advantage. But you still voted to throw her out to “prove a point”. Funny how you are now singing a different tune.

Oh and BTW…I have moved on from it, but just wanted you to remember your stance then and now. Funny how that stuff works...

Don Allen

Comment

how about getting your asses out in the shop and work on boats!!!!!!!!! Still plenty of racing to do this year...........
              Now it's time to go back to the engine room and build another 80.

Don Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                It was not ignored, the inspector ruled they did not meet the rule and the boat was DQ'ed. The driver filed a protest and the SORC put him back in. Dave could have done the same thing but he chose not to for whatever reason.
                Bill, you seriously need to let this go man... Matt WAS thrown out but then reinstated (Not stating my opinion on the matter)

And I thought Tohatsus came with recoils?

-Bill
                Last edited by Team B&H; 08-16-2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• This is pretty rich

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                  Plenty of drivers have been disqualified in the A Stock classes over the years for missing grommets. Ask anyone.
                  Says the guy that said running without a cowling in A should not be DQ because it's not a speed advantage, AND won that appeal. Consistency is not a strong suit of either Ed or the SORC.
                  Moby Grape Racing
                  "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

• Wow! My calendar still says August. But by the looks of this thread, I guess I had better flip it forward to January...
                    Michael J. Mackey
                    Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
                    Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
                    Yamato Aficionado
                    21-V

Comment

• Boats gone

Mackey - just sold my boat today. It feels like January.

See you in Oshkosh?
                      Team Red

Comment

• Oshkosh?

Originally posted by jswain3 View Post
                        Mackey - just sold my boat today. It feels like January.

See you in Oshkosh?
                        You betcha!
                        Michael J. Mackey
                        Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
                        Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
                        Yamato Aficionado
                        21-V

Comment

Oh, we know. We might be seeing you guys sooner than you think.

Comment

• Huh?

Originally posted by D_Allen_III View Post
                            Oh, we know. We might be seeing you guys sooner than you think.
                            Donnie you headed out for Quedo's wedding?
                            17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

• Closing the Thread

All:

The purpose of this thread was to show pictures and open up a dialog about what they revealed or did not reveal. It's served it's purpose.

Yay.

I'm closing the thread now. Just realized I could do that....would have closed it sooner if I had known I could.

Thanks for all who participated.

On to the next round.

Cheers,

R-19
                              www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Working...
                              X