This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
    I personally believe the sponson tip rule should have lost the ash national champ for Matt. That is how i voted in the sorc meeting about it. *****

Kyle: I suppose you would vote to disqualify someone who just drove a hellova race and won the nationals because a family member entered the inspection area to give the driver a congratulatory hug but forgot that he/she was wearing open-toed shoes in all of the excitement. This IS the logical extension of the position you are supporting. Kevlar should be inspected when the safety sticker is given out. If you don't wear it, the fact that you got it inspected is irrelevant. This is NOT the logical extension of the SORC's ruling on the ASH appeal.

We used to REQUIRE collared shirts under the rules as part of a uniform. We don't do that anymore. This year the race committee gave out awards for the best team apparel. That seems to be a better approach.

There are ways to enforce rules with out taking a win from drivers. I am pretty sure Matt D'Agostino and his owner know that they'd better not ever race a boat that has non-conforming pickles again. I am just as sure that most of the Stock Outboarders in the Country will be checking their boats to make sure they are legal after this Nationals. The point has been made and made well.

As the saying goes, "it is not necessary to launch a missle to kill a mouse!"
    Last edited by 14-H; 08-14-2012, 12:08 AM.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

I have to say this is what takes all the fun out of it.

Comment

Matt

I usually read the posts and rarely comment, but I will make an exception. I have raced against Matt for 20+ years in ASH, 20SSH, CSH, I could not think of any racer that I would trust more going into the first turn with,either on my inside or outside with regards to sportsmanship and that good old trust factor you do not have with many other drivers. I'am just saying!!!!!

Comment

Wow

Val and i just getting back from Rainbow City. Just read the thread here and what i take from all this is we are all passionate about our sport.

The National Championships should be about emotions and driving to win. I am upset at no-one and once all the smoke clears in a few weeks we will all be looking forward to next year.

It is very cool to have forums like Hydroracer and the APBA Website to air our opinions and converse. I see nothing wrong with a good ole arguement or some in your face smack talk when warrented. Drivers need to communicate with each other when they think they were wronged in order to prevent issues from festering.

The APBA rulebook is what seperates us from most other racing organizations............inspectors, race committees, the SORC and the APBA Board of directors are all there to give drivers avenues to pursue when they feel a injustice was done. Having checks and balances works!!

If i may have said something to offend someone i apologize, but i do not apologize for what i did on the race course, which was just drive George's equipment to the best of my ability.

See ya'll in the first turn.....

Matt D'Agostino
          12314 Keel Turn
          Bowie, Md 20715

301-318-4259.....24/7!!
          Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 08-15-2012, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Good post Matt , It's very good you put your phone # here so anybody can talk to you if they want to. Bet you don't get many neg. calls. I have seen it all in my 60 years in boat racing.

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
              "***

PSS: I really have a very hard time believing that the inspector would toss out the driver for just the grommet missing where the battery cables enter.............something else must be involved...........
              Plenty of drivers have been disqualified in the A Stock classes over the years for missing grommets. Ask anyone.
              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

I missed some of these comments and more specifically this one. I really have a very hard time believing that the inspector would toss out the driver for just the grommet missing where the battery cables enter.............something else must be involved...........”What does that comment even mean?

What are you implying?
                "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                  I missed some of these comments and more specifically this one. I really have a very hard time believing that the inspector would toss out the driver for just the grommet missing where the battery cables enter.............something else must be involved...........”What does that comment even mean?

What are you implying?
                  I am implying that the DQ must have had something more than just a battery cable grommet missing..........maybe another technicial violation?????
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Well the person who was DQ'ed posted this and I have no reason to think he would lie. So yes that is why he was DQ'ed.

08-04-2012, 07:30 PM
                    daveracerdsh
                    Registered User Join Date: Feb 2005

Dq

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thrown out for not having one of the little rubber plugs in the front of my belly pan.... Dave
                    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• welp as far as turn judges go at evans, ga. i was a turn judge and listening on the radio there was thought to be a chop howie nichols the referee conversed with the turn judge for a couple of minutes at the conclcusionb of the race and no infraction was handed which i felt was handled prfoperly because the ref was aking the turn judge "what did you see ?"and basically left it in the turn judges hands because ha had the best poin t of veiw ,i've been racing for 2 years now been attending races all of my life and it doesnt matter where we race it is a very hard task getting people to sign up for patrol boat duty as turn judges or just bodies in the boat so if someone is doing that job regardless if they make a mistake thank them for doing it

as for matt he is a true gentleman of the sport being new to actually driving a race boat multiple times matt has sat just to my outside lap after lap and after the race was over come and give me pointers to help my development as a driver,basically help me be more competitive against him when i race ,i dont see matt ever having to intentionally chop someone ,he's a great competitor

t. fernandez

Comment

• Wow

Your ignorance knows no bounds. You were not even at the race. It was a great nationals. We all had a fantastic time. Oh & I got pitched in inspection too...& it wasn't for 2nd place in a class with 10 or so boats...& I'm from the midwest. Somehow I dont blame anybody else for the DQ or imply foul play. Do you just get hammered & start talking out of your a**?

Or are you simply that thick?
                        Team Red

Comment

• Is Team 222R really racerx?

Oh I get it, that was your advertisement to get the Nationals for next year. Clever...

Comment

• Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                            "This is arguably a speed advantage"

.......................prove it to me!!!!!! If that was so, then why don't the Yamato owners get tossed out for having a HUGE hole cutout in the side of the front cowl or even allowing a homemade cowl to be made..........also, you might want to check out the 44XS's with electric start............they have the same hole size where the battery cables go through..............

PS............leaving the plugs out allows water to get into the cowl and into the bottom carb, etc...............definately NOT a speed advantage............been there.....done that...in testing...........is that good enough proof for you ????

PSS: I really have a very hard time believing that the inspector would toss out the driver for just the grommet missing where the battery cables enter.............something else must be involved...........
                            Sorry Bill, but it was mercguys quote. And I still don't get what he was trying to say. Dave was clear (and he was the one that was DQ'ed) on the reason he was.

I guess he was trying to say that because it was a non speed advantage that he should be legal????

Don Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by Team 222R
                              hey don,

that was my quote. i just really find it hard to grasp that dave was pitched for an opening being used for wires that are necessary for starting his motor? when i heard that tj was the inspector i was even more shocked. he has always seemed like a guy with years of common sense. that whole thing stinks to high heaven.

the issue with matt's sponson tips (that is way more severe) seems to just get dismissed by using a previous safety sticker as an excuse.
                              i think we all know how serious safety is and what the lack of has cost us in our fees and added costs to race equipment and setup. ed wants to compare "deadly" sponson tips (on a boat raced by 30 year guy) to a non-racer spectator entering the hot pits with open to shoes? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

for anyone who cares. this sh** WON'T happen at moses lake in 2 years. kyle and all of us here in region 10 run the best race you'll ever attend. we will show the country how a fair clean honest common sense nationals should be run. heck... just watch. we might even dq one of our own guys....
                              All I can say is WOW, and I'm betting Kyle and others are glad you don't speak for them. You have lowered yourself to the levels of others that I don't care to mention. The accusations one could take out of this post are absolutely ridicules. I’m not sure you realize what you are saying and how it could be taken. And if that is what you are saying…you have no clue.

Don Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by Team 222R
                                not sure i understand how still being surprised that after the guy who wrote the tohatsu rules has admitted that there is no performance advantage. admits it was an error in the writing yet still some say dave's hole filled by a battery cable was a performance advantage.

i'm wondering how hammered you must be if you don't understand the difference between ed's open toe example and the sponson tip rule that has been in effect for 3 years? have you been asleep and not noticed that the apba was dropped by K&K for risk/safety reasons?

wow... i must have struck a nerve... without drinking a drop... yett...
                                So your're saying the inspector should just ignore rules as written?

Don Allen

Comment

Working...
                                X