This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass Lake ASH Turn 1: You Make the Call

People are still talking about this one. Overlap? You make the call.

Lots of Pics here, so please bear with the multiple posts.

R-19
    Attached Files
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

More Pics

...continued.....
    Attached Files
    www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

More

...continued.....
      Attached Files
      www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

The end.

Here's the last.
        Attached Files
        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

From what I see right here.... There were 2 Sidewinders... Matt D and Lombardo... Matt is the inside boat up front and Lombardo in the back. Picture 1 Middle of the pack has florecent helmet looking back. Picture 8 & 9 that same Flo helmet chopped the whole pack. But thats just my opinion
          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Then the last couple of picture shows that same flo helmet getting chopped himeself. But also looks like Matt Has someone right on his outside.
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

To put into perspective for those who dont know, Matt Dagastino(blue sleeves) was originally called for a chop on the driver in the yellow helmet with white and red boat(forgive me for not naming). It's a difficult call from the shore due to the depth of the turn itself. The turn is REALLY deep, NOT like those shallow 4 pin turns at local races. To me, it looks like the Yellow helmet tried to drive beneath Matt, after the entrance to the turn, had established the inside lane. I'm pretty sure if you continue the sequence you would have seen the yellow helmet miss the 3rd pin after coming out from behind Matt's fin spray. Unfortunately, I think the missed call was from the outside boat crowding the boats on the inside to make this turn such a tough one to call. I recall a similar story in Copperopolis in CSR about 10 years ago at the Nationals. All in all, I think the recant of the the chop call on Matt was the right thing to do given these photos.
              sigpic

Comment

These pictures are proof there was no chop by the 32-E.

Matt is the inside boat...lane 1 at the first buoy. The boat that felt there was a violation is to the outside of him. There's no way the 32-E could have chopped him. Looks like the white boat may have tried to dive inside the 32-E...or was forced over by a boat on his right.

Either way, that ain't no chop by the 32 boat.

Comment

Where is Tony in these pictures. It was changed from 32-E to 84-C. Glad they decided not to throw Tony out.
                  "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                    Where is Tony in these pictures. It was changed from 32-E to 84-C. Glad they decided not to throw Tony out.
                    Tony went into the turn in 4th or 5th. Colin hit the start SEVERAL boat lengths ahead of ALL the other drivers so the theory of chopping the field and trying to make a lane is absurd. So was the call on Tony, which also was reversed. lol.

Hey all is fair in love and boat racing right????

On a side note, let it go, and let the man enjoy his Championship!
                    Last edited by RuthieRae; 08-10-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Other than the motor, I didn't get a good look at Collin's boat..... was there any damage to his boat?
                      IMO Matt was out in front in Lane 1....(1st of all) there couldn't have been a chop if he was on the inside out in front already. (2) The only damage I saw on George's boat (What Matt was driving, 32-E) was on the outside chine in the back of the boat....How could he be responsible for chopping somebody so bad that the engine comes loose if the only damage on the boat is on the outside?? By the time Matt got to the turn, he was first, and remained in lane 1, where he was at the start. I saw it from the beach, and now looking at these pictures, it just further makes me believe that Matt is not guilty of anything other than holding his lane & winning a boat race. It looks like Collin tried to get on the inside & climbed Matt's rooster tail....maybe as he was coming down he bumped into the other person on the outside of him? I can't tell who it is, but they look pretty close. Either way, per APBA rules, these photos can't be used to DQ anyone. Just my thoughts.
                      Congrats on the win Matt!
                      Marlee Hill
                      4th Generation Hill
                      Hill Racing Team
                      20ssH & SST45
                      1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
                      Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers

Comment

good thing then a few of you arent turn judges as well---- if you saw the start you would see colin was first boat across by a few boat lengths so lets not play the colin dove to the inside b.s.-- anyhow-- just lucky it was colin and not ashley or sheryl or myself lol-- or the outcome wouldve been a different ball game here!!! ahhh "miner "collison style---not a spelling error either--and yes marlee hill-- there is boat damage--looking forward to fixing the repairs............... its over lets move on

Comment

Nobody has said anything about the start, it is irrelevant. All I said was Matt got to the first turn first & on the inside & from what I saw standing on the beach... (keep in mind that is several hundered yards away from a turn judges point of view) & from the pictures it LOOKS like Colin tried to get on the inside.... We're not here pointing fingers at anybody saying he did this & he did that; all I'm saying is from the view I had & the pictures, this is what it looks like. However, I was not on the race course and it is not my call. I spoke with the turn judges & I believe that the best call was made, given the information I was told & from what I saw.
                          Marlee Hill
                          4th Generation Hill
                          Hill Racing Team
                          20ssH & SST45
                          1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
                          Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers

Comment

Originally posted by Marlee Hill View Post
                            Nobody has said anything about the start, it is irrelevant. All I said was Matt got to the first turn first & on the inside & from what I saw standing on the beach... (keep in mind that is several hundered yards away from a turn judges point of view) & from the pictures it LOOKS like Colin tried to get on the inside.... We're not here pointing fingers at anybody saying he did this & he did that; all I'm saying is from the view I had & the pictures, this is what it looks like. However, I was not on the race course and it is not my call. I spoke with the turn judges & I believe that the best call was made, given the information I was told & from what I saw.
                            you need to relax

Comment

Originally posted by Susan Rautenberg View Post
                              you need to relax
                              I need to relax?
                              I'm just stating my opinion. All I said was what I saw & that the start was irrelevant.......
                              Whatever, not my problem. Just trying to help from an unbiased perspective.
                              Marlee Hill
                              4th Generation Hill
                              Hill Racing Team
                              20ssH & SST45
                              1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
                              Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers

Comment

Working...
                              X