X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more.........

Kate Augustine - first ride in Uncle Dave's 125
    Did she like it? - quote "I don't want to give him back his boat"
    Thanks, Augustine Racing pitcrew, you are awesome!

Becky - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Frank - best ride for you yet!
    Attached Files

Comment

Katie

Originally posted by Check-book View Post
      Kate Augustine - first ride in Uncle Dave's 125
      Did she like it? - quote "I don't want to give him back his boat"
      Thanks, Augustine Racing pitcrew, you are awesome!

Becky - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Frank - best ride for you yet!
      Hi Katie

Which of the many Augustine's are your parents? I know some of the Augustine's but not all. Keep racing hard and having fun!

Ck Book, Dave and Davey--See you all at DePue!

Bruce

Comment

She is mine, Bruce. Born with my lack of common sense.
        Ian Augustine

Comment

Only time I was at Hinton. Loved that week. Sat outside my motorhome every night just enjoying the world....beautiful place.

How far from Baltimore????

Comment

J Category

70Z - Johnny....Johnny Bried
            24E - Could this young man (which brother?) be any farther down or back in the boat?
            53E - Does Sam run EVERY class in the J Category?
            Flock of J's heading towards the starting line on Sunday
            24A - Fast Jack rides again
            1US - Ok, Billy Simmons is NOT a J driver but he is a kid at heart
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mark 72@E; 06-05-2012, 08:05 PM.
            @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
            72@E
            Former Boat Racer
            21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
            20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Baltimore

[QUOTE=Ron Hill;2021476
              How far from Baltimore????[/QUOTE]

6 hours...................max

I live 25 minutes from Baltimore.

Comment

So, LA to Needles

It takes us 6 hours to get to the Colorado River with a trailer if we don't want to get "BUSTED" for speeding...

The day we were leaving for Hinton, WV, 1976, as I locked the front door, I heard the phone ring. I opened the door and answered the phone. The person on the phone told me my T-Shirts were ready for pick up. I said, "I'm leaving town til September 1st. They said, "We won't keep your shirts for a month, we'll destroy them."

So, on my way to WV, I stopped and bought 288 T-Shirts at maybe $3.00 each. As I headed for WV I wondered if my check would clear.

When we go to Hinton, I gave a few shirts away to good customers. Within an hour people were lined up for shirts. I sold them for $10 each even the 50 "KIDS" shirts for $10 EACH.....

I'VE NEVER BEEN TOO GOOD WITH ARITHMETIC, BUT I know one thing, $7.00 profit on 288 shirts is $2,016 profit. At the time, I considered going into the T-Shirt business rather than the prop business.

They were great shirts, and I spent th money buying antiques on the way home.

Comment

Katie

[QUO'tTE=ian;202141]She is mine, Bruce. Born with my lack of common sense.[/QUOTE]

As long as she's having fun. By the way, don't forget to tell her that 2 wheelers are dangerous?

Bruce

Comment

Kate

Mr. Ian,

Son, you're in so much doodoo you can't see the top of the bucket. I spoke to the new pro driver and when I brought the subject up, her face lit up and there was a smile that couldn't be stopped. You might as well plan on oatmeal for breakfast and peanut butter and jelly the rest of your life - unless Young Dave wants to sponsor her.

And we have just one more thing to say:

GO KATE!!!
                    Jeff
                    5-P

Comment

Cabin Fever

Since my first trip to Hinton, WV in 1973 I've heard about the cabins at Bluestone State Park but I have never seen them. This time I made a special point to check them out. They range from a one bedroom (which is actually a "one room" cabin) to a three bedroom cabin. I was pleasantly surprised. Now if this was your three bedroom cabin last weekend, mums the word. Otherwise everyone will want it for the next race!

1. Living room, dining room, kitchen combo. Austin is standing in front of the fireplace.
                      2. Bedroom #3
                      3. Bedroom #2
                      4. Bedroom #1
                      5. My wife loves a good rocking chair
                      6. Where I expect most folks will be spending their time

In case you're wondering why the beds are unmade, it was after check out time but before the cleaning crew got there. I appreciate that the park staff allowed me to take a peek.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mark 72@E; 06-07-2012, 07:37 PM.
                      @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                      72@E
                      Former Boat Racer

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

People, Places, Things

1. One of the local hotels which offered a discount for boat race attendees. I would stay here again, even though we didn't get a chance to enjoy the swimming pool. The rear window gives a front row view of the river.
                        2. Sunday, ASH, lap 1, heads into turn 1, as seen from Rt. 20 (with a zoom lens of course) near the bridge
                        3. A more realistic view of watching from Rt. 20 without a zoom lens. Austin's comment, sitting in a boat in turn 2, after a herd of Mod's swept by: "I miss that smell".
                        4. Boys and their toys...
                        5. Cap'n Chris was our photo boat host for the weekend. He and his buddy Larry (no photo) are locals who volunteered their time (and Chris' boat) for the weekend. Chris and Larry have spent the last three years exploring Bluestone Lake, fishing mostly for catfish. They are but one example of the local commitment to boat racing in Hinton.
                        6. When showing this series of photos to my wife, asking her to pick her favorite, she said, "What's wrong? Why is the flag upside-down? I explained that the flag was attached to something like a trapeze, blowing in the wind, and I was under the flag. But if I had been in front of the flag, looking at it with no wind, the flag would be "properly presented".

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Mark 72@E; 06-07-2012, 08:52 PM.
                        @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                        72@E
                        Former Boat Racer

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Working...
                        X