Stock Ballot results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is next?

Looks like combining stock classes at the race site is the next best thing. If there is less than five boats, combine it with something else. We did that for years in Pro, we called it alky glop.

Just an observation,
    Neil Bass

Comment

I Do Know...

Two registered Stock Outboard drivers, at two different address, that did NOT get ballots...

Combining classes is a GREAT idea....

Comment

What is next?!

What is next is the same thing SO has been looking at for the past 15 years.

Slowly declining membership.

Long race days.

A small number of drivers spread out in too many classes.

There's a popular definition of insanity in our culture.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Comment

I voted

I voted against the proposal as it was written on the ballot. I for one do not believe that "Oh that will be included on the rule" after the fact we voted on an unclear description and it leaves the door wide open for the Mighty interpretations of it (Wink Wink) If the powers at be wants to get it right then put the entire proposal on a ballot and send it out, not waste time and money sending something that none of us knows what the intent of it was... I think it was fitting that the majority was not baffled by the bull that was put forth here on HR

Frank Laursen
          12069 or 2G

quote Paul Elvstrom's famous saying,
          "If in the process of winning you have lost the respect of your competitors you have won nothing"

Comment

Missing Ballot

Originally posted by kws View Post
            I firmly believe my wife tossed mine in the garbage(she said she did not but yet it has never been found) OR my Labrador retriever ate it but since i had not set any food on it that is doubtful
            I guess mine went the same place as yours, but I get my own mail. So that accounts for two who didn't vote

kk

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
              You ***"Our race days are too long." "I'm tired of watching three and four boat races." *** It blows my mind.
              Ryan: This rule would not have changed either of these. It blows MY mind that people still believe this. Ed.
              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by racerchic3z View Post
                Ed Quote.
                Stacy: I guess you hadn't had as much to drink as I thought. Ed.
                14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                  Hey Dana,

Nobody reponded to this. I heard you! I agree there is a problem. Who is going to do something?

The APBA Election process.......Does anyone else see a problem with the Senate electing the President? What kind of garbage is that? That is the start. How do we change that?

Mike
                  Hey Mike ... the process of electing a corporation President by the members of its board is really pretty common and is not really problematic in and of itself. And, for the President to also serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the corporation is a very common practice. The President really only has the authority to act in accordance with those powers advanced to the office by the by-laws. The APBA by-laws are pretty clear as to what controls exist over the actions of the President. For example, "... The President shall be subject to the control of the Board of Directors and shall, in general, supervise and manage all of the business and affairs of the Association controlled by the Board of Directors...."

The APBA by-laws provide that the directors (at least the 9 at-large directors) are elected by the membership.

Furthermore; " ... The President shall be subject to the control of the Board of Directors ..."

And, additionallly "... The President shall provide leadership for the Association by setting the strategic agenda and priorities for consideration by the Board of Directors."

So, if the APBA membership has concerns about the "leadership" of the organization then don't be looking at the President ... look at the Board of Directors!

And, for what it's worth I don't know Mr. Hearn, have never met him and only know one current board member.
                  Last edited by Dr. Thunder; 04-10-2007, 10:38 AM. Reason: typo
                  Untethered from reality!

Comment

Mikey B

I need you to find me that list of Marine school contacts if you can.
                    The quicker we can increase our membership, the quicker we can start our own "title Seereze" tm. Phone me if you have any ? 952 440 4744

Comment

wtf ...!

Mike, I was just responding to your statement that nobody was responding ... I'm not attacking you or anybody else! What's the deal?

Originally posted by RacerX
                      Look Here Mr. Rainstorm!

It's people like you that are the problem with boat racing.Boat racing has more issues than I have time to get into. Why do people like you get your panties in a bunch when someone mentions the word "change".

Hey, I'm all for change.

I'm not arguing whether the process is valid, my point is it doesn't work.

You asked if anybody had a problem with the process (Senate electing the President) ... I gave my opinion that the process was ok. In order to change the election process the membership needs to change the bylaws.

Are you defending our fine crop of leaders?

Which leaders are you talking about ... the Board?

How about we leave things alone and I'll see you at the cart track in 5 years!

Bad idea ...not for that! But, in order to change what is not working the membership needs to change the membership of the board!

Oh, and I think we should test the 20 drivers for HIV.

What 20 drivers?
                      Untethered from reality!

Comment

Originally posted by crackerboat
                        Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Imus but we have started talking about freedom of speech and mixed that into the deleated thread controversy.

If you listen to the tone of the conversation, when Imus made the remark, it's clear (to me) that this was not meant as a racial slur. He is known for his sarcasm and harsh language. It was, however a STUPID thing to say on the air given recent history (Michael Richards, Etc).

If you haven't heard what he said, he was referring to the Rutgers University womens basketball team, which is bi-racial. " these are some tough hos, tatoos ------nappy-headed hos"

If Jay Leno had made the same remark since he's a standup comedian, would there have been the same outcry?

If Imus had referred to an Italian soccer team as kinky-headed wops, (no offense, please) would there have been the same outcry?

I agree that the thread was getting a little *****y but I found it educational to some degree. I don't know many of the guys here and it gave me a look at some of their personalities. I'm old but I'm a rookie and I'm learning about more than outboards here.

I agree that there has to be a referee on forums and decisions must be made that are not always popular. That can be a tough call when you know you are going to catch some "heat".
                        Guess who catches the heat! its amazing that my house has not been burned down by a mob of angry boat racers.
                        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Dan, you are the man!
                          sigpic

Comment

you don't burn down the fireman's house

Dan:

why would anyone do that to you? you supply both the matches and the extinguisher. I don't know of anyone who has more fun than you and all you have to do it watch.

Comment

Originally posted by blue flame
                              OK>
                              I had my fun today:
                              I think i MADE A POINT:
                              1: i HATE 14h
                              2: i HATE STOCKERS
                              3: i LOVE THE PRO'S
                              i WILL SEE ALL OF YOU IN A ANOTHER 2 YEARS.
                              bY bY WAYTT EARP.
                              WOW
                              Powerful, I'm thoroughly Impressed
                              Another gutless, non-credible, cyber courage idiot!
                              You know what they say about opinions and A holes....

Comment

Working...
                              X