• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Ballot results

Here it is!
    Attached Files
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Ed, you SOB, I can't open the **** attachment. Will you quit teasing me and tell me what the results are.
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Here you go Ryan
      Attached Files

Comment

Ryan 69 approved and 135 disapproved so it didnt make it.
        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

What is even worse is less than 1/2 of the ballots were even returned. There were probably almost that many posting on HR about the rule proposal.
          Brian 10s

Comment

Maybe not so bad.

I am betting Brian that of those 555, a few hundred are super licenses. I am sure a 100-150 Mod or Pro racers did not have a stron enough opinion to cast a ballot. Take those numbers out of the 555 and actually the response rate it probably between 66-and 75 percent. I think it probably is a pretty good response. However, I am guessing.

CSH12M

Comment

Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
              I am betting Brian that of those 555, a few hundred are super licenses. I am sure a 100-150 Mod or Pro racers did not have a stron enough opinion to cast a ballot. Take those numbers out of the 555 and actually the response rate it probably between 66-and 75 percent. I think it probably is a pretty good response. However, I am guessing.

CSH12M
              555-150=405 208/405=.51 51%

You are probably right about the Super licence thing. If you are right about the 150, which seems reasonable to me, then a 51% return rate is still kind of sad.
              Last edited by ryan_4z; 04-05-2007, 02:04 PM.
              Ryan Runne
              9-H
              Wacusee Speedboats
              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

CSH12M
                Dean
                It makes sence and I hope you are right.
                Brian 10s

Comment

I firmly believe my wife tossed mine in the garbage(she said she did not but yet it has never been found) OR my Labrador retriever ate it but since i had not set any food on it that is doubtful

Comment

CSH12M
                    Dean, I suspect you are right. It's a "whose ox is being gored" type of thing. If you are not an active participant in one of the classes on the "edge" then maybe you didn't have reason to vote on that particular issue. Still in all ... not really a bad voter response.
                    Last edited by Dr. Thunder; 04-06-2007, 01:03 PM. Reason: typo
                    Untethered from reality!

Comment

Why?

I received my ballot and did not vote on it. Why? looked like a pissing match.

Members that want change to recognize National points for what they are – National classes and points
                      Vs.
                      Members that want a clear path for future growth of the SO division.

Both worthy causes.

Watching this pissing match unfold here I decided not to vote on a rule that will not impact me in any way.

Ironically, The S.O. rule that would impact me, My superiors have decided I do not get to vote on...

See ya at the races.
                      Larry Spencer

Comment

You know it's funny, for years we have been hearing the same thing "We need to cut classes." "Our race days are too long." "I'm tired of watching three and four boat races." Now, finally, we have a chance to approve a rule, that will do this for us, completely unbiased, and it gets voted down. It blows my mind.
                        Ryan Runne
                        9-H
                        Wacusee Speedboats
                        ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
                          It blows my mind.
                          Ya know what blows my mind? How you can post on EVERY SINGLE thread on this website, 34 times a day.
                          I love you.
                          "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

I'm a loser, with no friends, I've got nothing better to do. I love you too.
                            Ryan Runne
                            9-H
                            Wacusee Speedboats
                            ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

Election Breakdown:

Total Possible Voters = 100% (555 registered stock racers)
                              Voter turnout = 37.5% (208 registered stock racers)

555 eligible voters
                              208 ballots returned by voters
                              204 ballots counted by APBA
                              • 3 late ballots due to post mark
                              • 1 over or under vote (assuming this is the missing vote)

Election Results:

Approve = 33.8% (69 votes)
                              Disapprove = 66.2% (135 votes)
                              Total = 100% (204 votes)

Observations:

This is a landslide. Even if those who chose not to vote voted, the election would have gone the same way. It would be statistically improbable for a majority of the votes to break the other way.

A 37.5% turn out is actually rather higher than I expected. Many elections for local and state races in the US are around 3% to 20%. I would be interested in the turn out in last Ocoee, FL City election and would guess it was lower than the APBA Stock turnout.

Those Stock racers who didn’t vote probably don’t vote in their local city, county or state elections either. Most likely they don’t attend their local homeowner association meeting, crime watch meetings, town hall meetings, Parent Teacher Association meetings, etc. You would be shocked, and probably appalled, at how few Americans get involved in their communities whether it be voting or attending civic meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X