No announcement yet.

SORC agenda........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? I posted the question on here and never received an answer, (http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/sho...north+american) so asked the CBF Executive if I was able to participate in the 2006 NAC with a CBF card and was told "no"...?

attend
    Originally posted by Haüenstein View Post
    Hi Andrew,

My apologies if something has changed over the years, but a couple years ago at least it was a race open to members of APBA, CBF and FMM. This rather limited definition of North America must have been agreed by the three national authorities -- I'm not sure how many of the remaining countries (again, the number of which depends on your definition of North America) have sanctioning bodies -- and the plaque in question has each national authority listed. NACs could be bid on for any class by any club in any sanctioning body.Mike H.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

I thought the only time you needed an APBA card to race in an APBA race was for national or divisional championships. It seems like the NAC would be the specific situation when you SHOULD be able to run with a CBF card. I'll have to find a rulebook/ask someone who knows.
      hauenstein outboard team
      186-W * 28-C * 4-T * C-101

Comment

Re Weights In Osy400

To Ron Hill:

Regards your comment about needing weights in OSY400. Unless something has changed recently, and if it has I'm sure I will be corrected, OSY400 is a PRO CLASS which the stock commission has NO AUTHORITY over at this time, notwithstanding Ed Hearns wishes or comments last spring. If you want to run OSY with weights, CSH exists in the STOCK CATEGORY. The PRO Category has for 30 years at least, not been in favor of weights in any of its classes for a multitude of reasons, most of which are so old it would be a waste of space to go into them here. Safe to say the PRO category does not have any desire to weigh boats or they would not have thrown the weight rules for all PRO classes out 30+ years ago.
        Not trying to be argumentative or taking a position one way or another regards wgts for OSY, just stating a fact and the reason there are no weights for OSY. The classes are very similiar, but run under different category rules.

Comment

Originally posted by bill van steenwyk View Post
          To Ron Hill:

Regards your comment about needing weights in OSY400. Unless something has changed recently, and if it has I'm sure I will be corrected, OSY400 is a PRO CLASS which the stock commission has NO AUTHORITY over at this time, notwithstanding Ed Hearns wishes or comments last spring. If you want to run OSY with weights, CSH exists in the STOCK CATEGORY. The PRO Category has for 30 years at least, not been in favor of weights in any of its classes for a multitude of reasons, most of which are so old it would be a waste of space to go into them here. Safe to say the PRO category does not have any desire to weigh boats or they would not have thrown the weight rules for all PRO classes out 30+ years ago.
          Not trying to be argumentative or taking a position one way or another regards wgts for OSY, just stating a fact and the reason there are no weights for OSY. The classes are very similiar, but run under different category rules.
          Correction service classes have weights.
          So should OSY if it is to be a UIM class it should have the same weight as the OSY400 UIM requirement.

Comment

Food Fight!

Comment

Originally posted by DougMc View Post
              Food Fight!

More like a Yamato fight
              Dang it's going to hurt getting hit in the chopps with one of those

Comment

wgts in OSY

Ricochet112:

You are absolutely correct. Service classes do have weights. I guess because I and most east of the rockies PRO (bore and stroke, not antique) people consider USTS PRO Racing, and we never see the service people except at the Nationals, "out of sight, out of mind". USTS is the only group putting on stand alone PRO racing at this time, that I am aware of. However the fact that OSY400 is also a UIM class has little to do with whether weights are applicable to it as run here in the US as a PRO class under the umbrella of the PRO Category. PRO make it's own rules that fit in with what the PRO Membership desires, just as do all the other Category's, and weights for the majority of the PRO classes that are run in the US, except for the Antiques, especially as stand alone programs such as USTS has been putting on for the last 20 years or so, probably have no place in the scheme of things at this time. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, TRY BRINGING UP WEIGHTS AT THE PRO COMMISSION MEETING . As far as the service classes are concerned, and I have no personal feelings one way or another, but I think if an anynomous vote were to be taken, not many would mind if the Antique classes went there own way again. That probably would not be a politically correct statement you would hear at a PRO Commission meeting, and I doubt if it would ever come up as there is existing control of the PRO Commisssion by Antique folks and Antique supporters at this time, but it would be interesting to see a poll regards it. Any poll takers in the group?

I would make a bet with you anytime that if the PRO Commission were somehow bulldozed into putting a weight on OSY, or it got on a ballot and was voted in, it would hurt the class badly, not only in the number of people who would want to run it, but also the clubs that would sanction it and put it on their program AT A PRIMARILY PRO RACE. I can amost guarantee you no club wants to haul scales to weigh one class. If OSY is being run at a predominantly stock/mod race merely to give the CSH people another class to run, then that is another story entirely.

Comment

How in the H E double hockey sticks do these SO threads turn to PRO
                  I'm partially to blame
                  I would be curious to see how many OSY drivers would like to see weights.

Comment

Originally posted by f8andbethere View Post
                    I guess that if the NAC was really a real championship that meant something extra points would not be neccessary. Is it a real championship that has meaning or is it just another title that someone made up for the sake of having a race?
                    Double points just cheapens divisionals -- if the class costs more than charge a higher entry fee -- after all it is a NAC.
                    RB
                    How does it really cheapen the div.? the goal of the Race is a secure spot at the NAT'S and the double points are just gravey to go with it.
                    just my 2 cents

Comment

Anyone with an X on their boat should not be allowed to participate in these discussion. But since you asked -- double points do mean something to someone who is after national high points. They are given because normally the competition at divisionals is a bit stiffer than it is at your average back yard boat race. So by giving out double points to a "title only" event it means that the event has the same distinction as divisionals. It adulterates divisionals and where do you draw the line -- what if someone came up with the APBA champion of the Universe -- do we give that triple points because there may be a Martian in the field -- or may be not?
                      Originally posted by kws View Post
                      How does it really cheapen the div.? the goal of the Race is a secure spot at the NAT'S and the double points are just gravey to go with it.
                      just my 2 cents

Comment

Osy Poll

Ricochet112

I would also like to see a poll about wgts for or against by OSY400 drivers. BUT to make it absolutely fair keep it separate: folks who run primarily CSH and run OSY for another chance to get on the water, and folks who run ONLY OSY at predominatly PRO races where they don't weigh. That is the only way you will get a true representation, and that will be difficult because everybody wants to get maximum time out of their equipment, and will vote their own agenda. I am going to try real hard not to offend anyone who is reading this, but since that is almost impossible, I will say it anyway:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRO RULES THAT YOU HAVE TO RUN YOUR CSH UNDER, RUNNING IT AS A OSY400, THEN DON'T RUN IT. The people who run predominatly PRO do it because that is what they choose to do, and have equipment designed for, and sometimes schedule OSY as a favor to CSH drivers in the area where the race is to take place, or if they have a promise of enough to make a race, such as USTS has done sometimes in years past. I really don't think that primarily stock CSH drivers do themselves any favor by trying to change the rules, or gripe about them, in another category for their own personal benefit. It only breeds bad feelings that can cause the class to not be scheduled in the future. Nobody likes to feel that they are trying to do something nice for a seperate group and then get griped at about it or the rules they have to run under to be allowed to run.

Like the Kennedy's used to say" Play football with us and our ball, play by our rules".

Comment

I run primarily OSY because I don't want to put in 45 lbs of lead for CSH.
                          And I never had much luck restricting my 302 for 20SSH

Back to SO agenda.....

Comment

Lead And Such

Ricochet112

It's too bad your group out there has had such a difficult time getting 125 Hydro and Runabout started. That is a really neat class. Availiable engines at reasonable prices, looks like not much more that I have seen 302's priced at on here. Lightweight boats, good speed, no legal gas worry's and no lead problems. Engines probably weigh about 1/2 what a Yamato does and very dependable. Most start in the water first or second pull, and ready parts availiability. But I'm partial. 50 years of alky will do that to you. The 125 Hydro that Dr. Thunder has for sale belonged to Todd Brinkman and I and was a lot of fun and a good runner also. You could do a lot worse if you had a place to run it regularly.

Good Luck

Comment

if osy added wieght then how would it differ really from C?
                              as i dont run either one,from my perspective its just a good way for C guys to run anouther race per day with the same equipment. and it helps the clubs
                              due to the extra entry fees. therefore to have a pro class run with the Stocks/mods is a win-win situation. what am i missing?

Comment

Osy-400

KWS
                                0SY-400 is a PRO class with OUT WIEGHTS.........................................
                                Go back and pick on the stock classes.
                                Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X