SORC agenda........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SORC agenda........

so....what is on this "so-called" agenda at the present time???

let's see, some of my "hearings":

1) do not change the Tohatsu parity rules (which is horse****!)
    2) try to screw with the CSH class (302 mods? (nothing needed out here where 302's are dominating)
    3) ignore the current "overlap rule" or its definition

oh, maybe we need to ......never mind...........
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

What Is The Current Overlap Rule???

One item I'd lke on the agenda is that in a Marathon, that if two heats are raced on Saturday.... (LeMans start for first heat and scond heat reversed positions from frist heat)...Starting positions are drawn from a hat.

That Saturday's results would be Sunday Race's starting psoition...

Ok, Saturday, we race five C Runabouts, starting 5,4,3,2,1....first heat...Second heat we start them 1,2,3,4,5.

Results of both heats are 3,4,1,2,5 Saturday's Marathon gets Marathon Points.

Sunday's Race starts: 3,4,1,2,5 Sunday's race is also for Marathon points.

Does anyone have a problem with this concept/?? If you don't race Saturday, you go to the back, like start 6....

OSY 400???? Let's see, if drivers made their own NASCAR RUles, what size carb would they run at Daytona???? They wouldn't, they run fuel injection....OSY 400 should have the same weight as C Stock Hydro....in MY OPINION....But then again, I've only been to a few kneeldown races.....but I've seen some very bad things happen in OSY 400....

Comment

ED.......do you have a response??

how about giving us some info on the SORC agenda for 2007. We have the right to know or is it a secret???
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

In Ed's defense to date he is the only APBA Category Chairman who has opened the floor for discussion and asked for input. Many people seem to want to dog pile the poor guy. Kudo's Ed for seeking input and attempting to be proactive.

Comment

Darren, Please be patient, we don't even know who all the commissioners are yet. It takes time to put together an agenda. We don't want to waste our time on a bunch of BS. The complete agenda won't be ready until just before the meeting. Give Ed a break, he has a fulltime job and a family too, just like the rest of us.
          John 2-Z
          John Runne
          2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

will do John!!

Originally posted by csh2z
            Darren, Please be patient, we don't even know who all the commissioners are yet. It takes time to put together an agenda. We don't want to waste our time on a bunch of BS. The complete agenda won't be ready until just before the meeting. Give Ed a break, he has a fulltime job and a family too, just like the rest of us.
            John 2-Z
            I was just inquiring to find out the more serious thoughts by our chairman and what known new commissioners had thoughts of. All Ed had to do is state what you have just said John, thanks. I am in no way giving Ed a hard time, just asking questions, as this affects the upcoming season, which is only a few months away for us out here and effects new boats being developed and built right now.
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Just an FYI...

Region 7 will have the same commissioners as last year. Donny still is not 100% sure he can make it...he's checking with his professors to see if he can miss a few days.

Remember Ed really does not have a whole lot of control. He can try to steer/lead/suggest but when it comes down to it the commissioners are the ones controling our fate. He does run a great meeting and keeps things moving.
              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by don11w

Remember Ed really does not have a whole lot of control. **
                Don: I'm thinking of appointing Brent the Seargent-At-Arms and having him remove anyone from the meeting who doesn't agree with my position. I'm tired of this discussion and "persuasion" crap. That's for the Oprah show! Ed.
                14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

North American Championship discussion

Ed, et al.
                  I would like for the SORC to consider (once again) awarding double pionts for North American Championships. Both the Mod Category and Junior Category already do this. As a racer and a race director the reward for double points like a Divisional race is another incentive to help attract full fields which pays the bills. Many racers may not know that NAC's cost the hosting club $100 per class ! The APBA provides a trophy to the winner but unless the NAC attracts at least 3-4 extra boats, it is just a losing proposition for the hosting club. Last year at the National meeting this was proposed by Brian Trolian and immediately voted on WITHOUT any discussion ! Why did it fail? By the way, why don't we change the Stock Outboard by-laws to allow some of these issues come to a vote of the membership-at-large. It appears to me that the membership votes for representation on the councils and boards and then our elected/appointed folks think that we no longer care which way they vote on issues. That might be okay if each candidate for office ran on a platform that was published so we could then intelligently vote for them or not. I'm getting pretty tired of hearing the excuse that we racers don't know or care "what is good for the sport". Mike Marshall, Raceboat61-S

Comment

north american championshps

I guess that if the NAC was really a real championship that meant something extra points would not be neccessary. Is it a real championship that has meaning or is it just another title that someone made up for the sake of having a race?
                    Double points just cheapens divisionals -- if the class costs more than charge a higher entry fee -- after all it is a NAC.
                    RB
                    Originally posted by raceboat61-S View Post
                    Ed, et al.
                    I would like for the SORC to consider (once again) awarding double pionts for North American Championships. Both the Mod Category and Junior Category already do this. As a racer and a race director the reward for double points like a Divisional race is another incentive to help attract full fields which pays the bills. Many racers may not know that NAC's cost the hosting club $100 per class ! The APBA provides a trophy to the winner but unless the NAC attracts at least 3-4 extra boats, it is just a losing proposition for the hosting club. Last year at the National meeting this was proposed by Brian Trolian and immediately voted on WITHOUT any discussion ! Why did it fail? By the way, why don't we change the Stock Outboard by-laws to allow some of these issues come to a vote of the membership-at-large. It appears to me that the membership votes for representation on the councils and boards and then our elected/appointed folks think that we no longer care which way they vote on issues. That might be okay if each candidate for office ran on a platform that was published so we could then intelligently vote for them or not. I'm getting pretty tired of hearing the excuse that we racers don't know or care "what is good for the sport". Mike Marshall, Raceboat61-S

Comment

Nac

what is the point of the NAC anymore??? It basically is just a "region attended" race anyways...........does it really have any signifigance?
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I don't understand the NAC race concept... it has nothing to do with North America and the numerous countries in it (23 countries I believe). It's only open to APBA card carrying members is it not? What's the point aside from a status grab? Just call it the APBA World Championships
                        Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 11-13-2006, 09:17 AM.
                        Fralick Racing
                        Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

NAC's

I don't know what the APBA had in mind when they initiated the North American Championships BUT they are still here. As a race director I can tell you that they help to get sponsors. It can, and does, help provide incentive to get greater participation of racers from the Mod and Junior Categories. I guess it is somewhat like the Canadian's Meals on Wheels series and the old Merc Challenge series. NAC'S can be a promotional/marketing tool to help encourage greater participation which can defray costs of putting on a race. Increasing entry fees will NOT increase participation or spectator numbers.
                          Most clubs don't bother with NAC's in the Stock Division for a reason.....$$$ !
                          Mod and Junior Catergories have experienced some serious bidding to get them because they are a great attraction. Just last week I saw recommendation from some members to reduce the number of races and make the remaining 10-12 races more attractive and increase racer and spectator attendance. Well, I think this proposal is perhaps a small step in that direction and it is already part of our program. Why not use it ? Instead of whacking 10 regional/club races off of the schedule, make NAC's worthwhile for the clubs AND the racers. I disagree that it cheapens the Stock Divisionals....... incentive to compete in Stock Divisionals remains to be that top 2 finishers qualify for the Finals at the Nationals. In Mod Division we DON'T qualify for Nationals Finals at Divisional Championships. We like the NAC's ! Mike Marshall, Raceboat61-S

Comment

NACs

Originally posted by Andrew 4CE View Post
                            I don't understand the NAC race concept... it has nothing to do with North America and the numerous countries in it (23 countries I believe). It's only open to APBA card carrying members is it not? What's the point aside from a status grab? Just call it the APBA World Championships
                            Hi Andrew,

My apologies if something has changed over the years, but a couple years ago at least it was a race open to members of APBA, CBF and FMM. This rather limited definition of North America must have been agreed by the three national authorities -- I'm not sure how many of the remaining countries (again, the number of which depends on your definition of North America) have sanctioning bodies -- and the plaque in question has each national authority listed. NACs could be bid on for any class by any club in any sanctioning body.

As for double points, I guess the question is how many multi-points races are too many? An argument can be made that there are never too many... or that there are already too many.

Mike H.
                            hauenstein outboard team
                            186-W * 28-C * 4-T * C-101

Comment

Originally posted by raceboat61-S View Post
                              I don't know what the APBA had in mind when they initiated the North American Championships BUT they are still here. As a race director I can tell you that they help to get sponsors. It can, and does, help provide incentive to get greater participation of racers from the Mod and Junior Categories. I guess it is somewhat like the Canadian's Meals on Wheels series and the old Merc Challenge series. NAC'S can be a promotional/marketing tool to help encourage greater participation which can defray costs of putting on a race. Increasing entry fees will NOT increase participation or spectator numbers.
                              Most clubs don't bother with NAC's in the Stock Division for a reason.....$$$ !
                              Mod and Junior Catergories have experienced some serious bidding to get them because they are a great attraction. Just last week I saw recommendation from some members to reduce the number of races and make the remaining 10-12 races more attractive and increase racer and spectator attendance. Well, I think this proposal is perhaps a small step in that direction and it is already part of our program. Why not use it ? Instead of whacking 10 regional/club races off of the schedule, make NAC's worthwhile for the clubs AND the racers. I disagree that it cheapens the Stock Divisionals....... incentive to compete in Stock Divisionals remains to be that top 2 finishers qualify for the Finals at the Nationals. In Mod Division we DON'T qualify for Nationals Finals at Divisional Championships. We like the NAC's ! Mike Marshall, Raceboat61-S
                              Ed, or any commissioner reading this I would like to make a proposal to remove the HOC points from the NAC. It is absolutely ridiculous that the NAC has HOC points AND that they are more than the HOC points for setting a record.

Comment

Working...
                              X