Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling Judge Smails

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
    Brian: I'll make the appointments after the SORC has been assembled. EWH.
    I believe the commission has been finalized and all are busy preparing for the big dance. Are any of the "volunteers" that you asked for going to get asked to dance or should we just stand next to the punch bowl and wait?
    Brian 10s

Comment

Rules Commitee

Would like to possibly be involved with rules commitee have seen where
      stock mod and pro need some clarifications.I will be at L.A.

Pat Wright
      Region 2 Pro Commissioner

Email Raceright@aol.com

Comment

I would be interested in the HOT ROD tech commitee.
        Don Jones 5 Z

Comment

Tohatsu committee???

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
          This year, I'm going to do things a little differently. Rather than simply choose from the SORC exclusively, I'd like to solicit any interest in serving on SO Committees from both inside and outside the SORC. Obviously if you can attend the national meeting in LA the last weekend in January, that would be good but that is not a condition for appointment. Here are the following committees that need to be filled. If you're interested, please send me an email or post here.

OMC technical committee
          Mercury technical committee
          Hot Rod technical committee
          Yamato technical committee
          Hydroplane technical committee
          Runabout technical committee
          Inspection Manual Committee
          Promotional Committee
          SO Website Committee
          SO Awards Committee
          SO Rules Committee

Briefly, each of the technical committees are responsible for receiving and making recommendations for any rule changes to the SORC for the jurisdiction of the committee. The Inspection Manual Committee is responsible for incorporating all technical changes into the SO inspection manual that is linked to the APBA website. The Promotional committee is responsible for making recommendations to the SORC regarding these types of proposals and then carring them out once approved. The Website committee will be responsible for resurrecting the SO website and ensuring its link from the APBA website. SO used to have a website but it is now defunct. I would like to re-create this website in order to post relevant information affecting SO along with our tech manual and list of suppliers, builders and mechanics which is nearly complete. We need some people that are interested in creating and maintaining this site. The SO Awards committee is responsible for making recommendations for awards, high points and championships and then figuring out who gets them at the end of the year. The Rules committee is responsible for making suggested safety and racing rule changes that need to be considered and for reconciling SO's rules with those in the PRO and Mod categories.

Please let me know of your interest asap. For those of you who have served on these committees in the past, please also let me know if you are still interested in serving. Thanks, Ed Hearn, SO Chairman.

is there going to be such a thing?
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Ground control to Major Ed

Was wondering if you appointed committee's yet and if who made the cut?
            Brian 10s

Comment

Patience is a virtue

I'll be making my SORC and committee appointments this weekend. Ed.
              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Ed, I'd like to propose one more committee. I'd like to see a S.O. Steering Committee to develop a plan for the future. I would be willing to chair this committee if you deem me qualified and also would like to recommend some people to serve on this committee. I have spoken to these nominees and they have agreed in principle to serve. I will E-mail you my nominees before the New Year. Thanks for your consideration. John Runne 2-Z
                John Runne
                2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Ed, Let's move on from the Yamato debate and start thinking about the big picture. We may be able to prevent this kind of stuff in the future. Please let us know about the steering committee, watdaya think? John 2-Z
                  John Runne
                  2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Working...
                  X