Seeking 2007 SO Committee Members/Chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking 2007 SO Committee Members/Chairs

This year, I'm going to do things a little differently. Rather than simply choose from the SORC exclusively, I'd like to solicit any interest in serving on SO Committees from both inside and outside the SORC. Obviously if you can attend the national meeting in LA the last weekend in January, that would be good but that is not a condition for appointment. Here are the following committees that need to be filled. If you're interested, please send me an email or post here.

OMC technical committee
    Mercury technical committee
    Hot Rod technical committee
    Yamato technical committee
    Hydroplane technical committee
    Runabout technical committee
    Inspection Manual Committee
    Promotional Committee
    SO Website Committee
    SO Awards Committee
    SO Rules Committee

Briefly, each of the technical committees are responsible for receiving and making recommendations for any rule changes to the SORC for the jurisdiction of the committee. The Inspection Manual Committee is responsible for incorporating all technical changes into the SO inspection manual that is linked to the APBA website. The Promotional committee is responsible for making recommendations to the SORC regarding these types of proposals and then carring them out once approved. The Website committee will be responsible for resurrecting the SO website and ensuring its link from the APBA website. SO used to have a website but it is now defunct. I would like to re-create this website in order to post relevant information affecting SO along with our tech manual and list of suppliers, builders and mechanics which is nearly complete. We need some people that are interested in creating and maintaining this site. The SO Awards committee is responsible for making recommendations for awards, high points and championships and then figuring out who gets them at the end of the year. The Rules committee is responsible for making suggested safety and racing rule changes that need to be considered and for reconciling SO's rules with those in the PRO and Mod categories.

Please let me know of your interest asap. For those of you who have served on these committees in the past, please also let me know if you are still interested in serving. Thanks, Ed Hearn, SO Chairman.
    Last edited by 14-H; 10-18-2006, 08:24 AM.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

MercTech

Hey Ed,

I would like to be on the Mercury Tech Committee.

Regards,
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Hydroplane technical committee

Hey Ed,

I would like to be on the Hydroplane technical committee. I would not be able to attend the national meeting.

Comment

Promotional Committee

Ed,

Please put my name in the hat for the Promotional Committe. I will not be able to attend the national meeting.
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Hello Ed, I would like to serve on the inspection manual committee or the rules committee. I will be at the LA meeting.
          Steve

Comment

Rules Comm

Hey Ed,
            I would be very interested in the Rules Committee but will not be in LA.
            Brian 10s

Comment

Ed,

I'd be interested in being on the Promotional Committee. Won't be in LA in '07.

Dana

Comment

Ed,

I would de interested in both the Hot Rod Tech. and the Runabout Tech. Committees. I have been on the J committee the past 2 years and running for Mod Commisioner in Region 3.

Matt Gallagher
                58J
                Last edited by MGallagher; 11-30-2006, 04:29 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Ed,
                  I would like to be on the Runabout Committee again.

New email address: 4-C@clearwire.net

Darrell Sorensen
                  4-C

Comment

Ed, I would be interested in the Yamato Tech Committee. Thanks Jerry

Comment

Promo Committee

Would help, Unable to attend national meeting at present moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin
                        Ed,

Please put my name in the hat for the Promotional Committe. I will not be able to attend the national meeting.
                        APBA HIRE DAN FULL TIME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DougMc
                          APBA HIRE DAN FULL TIME!!!
                          Hey Doug

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I would be so censored if they did it would be pointless. As it stands now every member of HydroRacer.Net has a voice and a place to air their opinions without the censorship and approval of big brother.
                          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

"Well . . .

we're waiting."
                            "Spalding, you'll get nothign and like it".
                            (Caddyshack quotes that Ed would appreciate since he is being Judge Smails like)

But we are waiting. You have 11 volunteers waiting to see if they make the cut. Is this like AM idol. Do I have to get my Mom to call in and vote for me?

I know you have gotten busy kicking the sleeping OSY guys and gals but was just wondering what the next step was.
                            Brian 10s

Comment

Explosion

Brian: Recall that right after that remark was uttered, the whole place blew up.

I'll make the appointments after the SORC has been assembled. EWH.
                              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Working...
                              X