B parity meeting results 3/24/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B parity meeting results 3/24/13

This evening the B class parity committee held a phone conference for changes that will be effective on May 1st for the introduction of the 20S Sidewinder engine.

- The committee voted in favor of requiring the .750 restrictor plate with the Dellorto 30mm carburetor.

- The committee voted in favor of requiring entries in the BSR class using the 20S engine to be at 1-3/8" below and the BSH class at 1" below. All other rules for the B classes apply.

The changes brought forth will be visited again once the new intake manifold is available for the 20S engine and proper testing data is acheived.

Thank you,
    Jeff Brewster
    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Good stuff........

Good to see the Sidewinder 20ci motor in a great place! Maybe the B Class will now start to grow with a truly new and available COMPETITIVE engine in the class.

Having seen this engine compete at Millville, NJ last fall in BSH, it appears the ole Hot Rod's have a new sheriff in town to compete with. Let's hope the engine is fostered into the engine of choice to encourage participation!!

Matt
    BSH Driver.
    Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 03-27-2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Carbs

Jeff,

I see the Parity Committee specified the restrictor plate for the DeLorto carb. Does this mean that the Lectron carb is not allowed on the SW 20S in B? Or does it mean that the Lectron is unrestricted?

R-19
      Last edited by sponsonhead; 03-27-2013, 10:31 AM.
      www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Patrick only the Dellorto Carb is legal on the 20s in the B classes
        444-B now 4-F
        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Thanks Howie. Good to know this. Any idea why? Is the performance that much better with the Lectron?

R-19
          www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

I don't remember the exact reason, but I do believe it was a Racing Outboards recommendation. Chairman Jeff may have a better answer than I on this.
            444-B now 4-F
            Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

The main reason was tune-ability. To assist drivers switching to the restrictor plate, all they will need to do is richen the adjustable needle valve on the Dellorto. Obviously, another reason also is the company has now switched completely to the Dellorto for the future of the motors.
              http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Got it.

Thanks Jeff. Guess that helps me determine which carb to go with.

R-19
                www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Is this engine still legal in 20ssH?
                  Ryan Runne
                  9-H
                  Wacusee Speedboats
                  ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Ryan, Legal in B, 20 & 25. Are you going to Tabor City in two weeks?

I was going to say, call your commissioner but you still haven't called me from the last time I asked you to call.
                    John Runne
                    2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Working...
                    X