The "official" Stock Outboard Plan "D"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "official" Stock Outboard Plan "D"

I look forward to your comments. If you would rather post in private, send me an email at stockoutboard@apba.org

Plan D
    ASH/ASR - BSH/BSR – 20SSH/20SSR - CSH/CSR – DSH/DSR – 302SSH

This plan is much like Plan B, with a few differences listed below:
    - The 15 cu in and 20 cu in engines need to be separated or parity will be impossible.
    - The 302SSH class is added.
    - The Mercury 15 runs the A class 20 lbs lighter as in the AX class.
    - The 15S engine has 10 lbs added.
    - The 25XS engine is added to the C classes with restrictions.
    - Aftermarket parts are permitted when approved.
    - All classes achieve parity thru advisory committees.
    - The manufactured motors will be the motor of choice.

ASH: No change within the current ASH class.
    Targeted for individuals weighing 135-160lbs
    Target Speed: ASH – 55-57MPH
    • Current OMC motors, weight 345 ASH, no other changes to the current class
    • Current Mercury motor, weight 325 ASH, no other changes to the current class
    • Current Sidewinder 15S, weight 355 ASH, no other changes to the current class

ASR: No change within the current ASR class. Roll up or flat turning class.
    Targeted for individuals weighing 135-160lbs
    Target Speed: ASR – 52-54MPH
    • Current OMC motors, weight 350 ASR, no other changes to the current class
    • Current Mercury motor, weight 330 ASR, no other changes to the current class
    • Current Sidewinder 15S, weight 360 ASR no other changes to the current class

BSH: The BSH class would consist of two different motor options with different cc's to aid in achieving parity.
    Targeted for drivers weighing from 160-185lbs
    Target Speed: BSH – 62-65MPH
    • Current Sidewinder 15H at 11.5CC, weight 365, no other changes to the current class rules
    • Current Rotary Valve Hot Rod 15 at 13CC, weight 365, no other changes to the current class rules

BSR: The BSR class would consist of two different motor options with different cc's to aid in achieving parity.
    Targeted for drivers weighing from 160-185lbs
    Target Speed: BSR – 59-61MPH
    • Current Sidewinder 15H at 11.5CC, weight 360, no other changes to the current class rules
    • Current Rotary Valve Hot Rod 15 at 13CC, weight 360, no other changes to the current class rules
    • Rollup boats only

20SSH: Now a 20CI class only.
    Targeted for drivers weighing from 170 – 200 lbs.
    Target Speed: 64 to 70 mph
    • Current Sidewinder 20S Motor, Weight 400 lbs, 1” below, no other changes to the current class rules
    • Current Yamato 80, Weight 400lbs, ½” below, no other changes to the current class rules
    • Current HotRod 20CI Motor, Weight 400 lbs, 1” below

20SSR: Now a 20CI class only.
    Targeted for drivers weighing from 170 – 200 lbs.
    Target Speed: 60 to 65 mph
    • Current Sidewinder 20S Motor, Weight 400 lbs, 1” below, no other changes to the current class rules
    • Current HotRod 20CI Motor, Weight 400 lbs, 1” below
    Add: Current Yamato 80, Weight 400lbs, ½” below, using current 20S boat measurements, any interest in this?????
    • Roll up or flat turning class

CSH: The CSH class has no change with the exception of the inclusion of the 25SSH class, with a parity package on the 25SSH.
    Targeted for drivers weighing from 185-210lbs
    Target Speed: CSH – 65-68MPH
    • Current Yamato 102 and 302, weight 440 lbs, with no other changes to the current class
    • Current Mercury 25XS w/ restrictor, weight raised from 400 to 420 lbs

CSR: The CSR class would consist of several different motor options with various weights to aid in achieving parity.
    Targeted for drivers weighing from 175-210lbs
    Target Speed: CSR – 62-65MPH
    • Current Yamato 102 and 302, weight 475, no other changes to the current class rules
    • Restricted Yamato 102 and 302 as run in 25SSR, weight for 9/16 restrictor 430, 1/2 weight 405
    • Mercury 25XS w/ restrictor, as run in 25SSR, weight 415 lbs.

DSH: No changes to the current DSH class.
    Targeted for drivers weighing 200-245
    Target Speed: DSH – 75-83MPH

DSR: No changes to the current DSR class.
    Targeted for drivers weighing 200-245
    Target Speed: DSR – 70-73MPH

302SSH: All current rules apply
    Targeted for drivers weighing 160 – 210 lbs
    Target speed: Not to exceed 60MPH
    Last edited by Jeff Brewster 59s; 12-20-2012, 09:28 AM.
    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

I like this!

I would also like to see only the new Manifold allowed on the Sidewinder.

Jeff would this plan take the 102/302 out of the 20 class as it looks?
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

I think you may have something

Jeff,

This looks pretty good and simple. Now can you get it implemented and can you get the membership to leave it alone so it has time to work itself out?

Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post
        I like this!

I would also like to see only the new Manifold allowed on the Sidewinder.

Jeff would this plan take the 102/302 out of the 20 class as it looks?
        Howie,
        I have to assume that we have to have the new manifold in the Sidewinder. Not for more speed but for more adjustability.

Yes, this would take the 102/302 out of 20. 20 would be what it is, a 20 ci class only.

Like I have said a few times before as with any plan so far, they can be tweaked in any direction that we feel will be the best overall idea for the sport of stock outboard racing. None of these plans are verbatim until approved by the SORC and the membership.

Comment

It looks good Jeff.
          Bob

Comment

Whats wrong with this picture.
            Restricted Yamato 102 and 302 as run in 25SSR, weight for 7/16 restrictor 440, 9/16 weight 420

Comment

Like the plan with fewer classes

You mention getting parity. Would there be a plan to get the Sidewinder on parity within A? As is, all other things being equal, a running SW will beat the best Mercury or OMC anytime.

Comment

looks better

How about adding 20 # to the Merc in c and not running the plate ? also add 10# to the SW in A for a start??

Comment

Jeff, I like the way this plan is sounding. 1 thing I would change is the name of the 302ssh class. The motor is bone stock and we are calling it super stock which sounds like it would be faster. So my change would be call the 302 class CSH and change the current blueprinted 102 and 302's to C Super Stock Hydro.
                  MJR Composites racing...cleveland division

Comment

How about (FACTORY STOCK)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawkguy View Post
                      Jeff,

This looks pretty good and simple. Now can you get it implemented and can you get the membership to leave it alone so it has time to work itself out?

Kerry
                      I doubt it Kerry. Don't want to sound too negative but that is why we have raced for 60 years without one. People hate change. But, I will keep on trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill 96D View Post
                        Whats wrong with this picture.
                        Restricted Yamato 102 and 302 as run in 25SSR, weight for 7/16 restrictor 440, 9/16 weight 420
                        Bill,
                        why waste the time to make a post like this and not explain what the problem is? What is wrong with the above in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by PittmanRacing View Post
                          You mention getting parity. Would there be a plan to get the Sidewinder on parity within A? As is, all other things being equal, a running SW will beat the best Mercury or OMC anytime.
                          Paul,
                          It is difficult for me to assume what the A parity committee will find. This will be decided during spring testing. It has been stated that the new intake will actually slow down the 15s engine due to the narrower passageway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Jack View Post
                            How about adding 20 # to the Merc in c and not running the plate ? also add 10# to the SW in A for a start??
                            Once again this will be found in testing. This plan if adopted will not take affect until next season, so we have time for on course testing. That is of course if I can find a pack of CSH that will let me and/or others run with them.

Comment

Jeff, your more than welcome to run with the Three Rivers CSH's, just slow down and wait for us once you get out front.
                              Joe Silvestri
                              CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                              JH/JR

Comment

Working...
                              X