Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock Outboard 2011 National Meeting Updates!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Friday has started out and we have had a very passionate presentation by Dean Sutherland on class combination's and direction of Stock Outboarding. Dean did a super job and after looking around the room he had everyone's full attention. Lots of debate and a bunch of stuff to think of going forward. Other than being out of line on Roberts Rule and almost getting ejected from the meeting he did a good job. The SORC is all out in the hall talking . We had a 20ssh parity committe meeting between lunch. Check out the results. B class up next. Will update after we are done today. Mikey
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mike ross; 01-28-2011, 11:05 AM.
    mike ross

Comment

20SSH parity

The minutes read 1 3/8", I'm going to guess perhaps it was 3/4". If not I have one hell of a lot of prop work ahead of me
      Moby Grape Racing
      "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Almost Positive...

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
        The minutes read 1 3/8", I'm going to guess perhaps it was 3/4". If not I have one hell of a lot of prop work ahead of me
        I believe its 1 3/8 for the Sidewinder in 20SSH.

Comment

1 3/8 is correct for the Sidewinder 20ssh Get some test data to the Chairman if you want change. The Yamato has no changes
          Last edited by mike ross; 01-28-2011, 12:16 PM.
          mike ross

Comment

That would make much more sense.

I figured if they changed to 3/4" it would have to be over Pavlick and Allen's bloody corpses.
            Moby Grape Racing
            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

I heard Yamato brass 2 blades were now mandatory, though. In order to level the playing field.

No testing required.

Comment

2014 nationals

ALL J, STOCK, AND MOD will be at moses lake in 2014. Wooohooo
                Kyle Bahl
                20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Sweet

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                  Awesome I'm booking my room at "The Slopyhog " now

CMH. 61R
                  Short Fuze Racing
                  Team Darneille
                  ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                  IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Thank you for the hard work!
                    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
                      3. Elimination of full butterflies in the Tahatsu D motor

Replacement of the factory installed throttle plates (butterflys) is complicated by the fact that the screws in most foreign carburetors are not sold separately. These factory installed screws are flared so they will not fall out. Removing these screws to change the butterflys damages the threads of the screws and the throttle shaft. There is question regarding the need to replace the factory butterflys with solid ones. The wording in paragraph 5, requires the throttle to automatically go "closed" when released. Kill switches are installed to kill the engine. Back in the olden days there was no kill switch requirement, hence the 'solid butterfly' rule. If an incorrect or damaged screw is used it could fall out and damage the engine. Or worse, it could cause the throttle to jam. The need for solid butterflys no longer exists. The rule is a carryover from the days before kill switches.
                      Recommendation: Eliminate the second sentence in paragraph 5.

Sorry tahatsu guys this is the dumbest request yet. Quote me all you want. I hope this one fails. I want the names of the people who vote yes. So I can tell them to stop running with scissors while smoking and filling their gas tank.
                      Brian come on we know your true issue is the Murcury thing, let it go and let the sport grow with new equipment and let's quit the APBA practice of protectionisum of old engines!
                      Time to move on they all have kill switches these days except for yours MAYBE?

Comment

Originally posted by mike ross View Post
                        Ok boys and girls. Mikey is locked, cocked, and ready to rock!!!!! I will post the Agenda with the motions and the results as we go. Check with the site throughout the day to see what is happening in your division. The attachment is what we are all using as a guilde. got to go!!! Fast Eddie is in Da-House!!!!!!!
                        Has anyone made a motion to kick predent Weber the hell out of office yet?
                        APBA Board of Directors: 11/7/2010
                        Follow up Open letter to APBA Board

Another season has just concluded and the continued decline in membership (-12%) and loss of sanctioned events continues under the current leadership.
                        In my business world the loss of 12% of customers and decline of income from the product the business sells would be a guaranteed departure of the top management. I don’t know how long the Board thinks this can continue or if there is any hope of turning the ship around before it runs aground.
                        I ask just a few questions:
                        (1) The President has spent thousands of $$ on a driving school program the past couple years, purchasing boats and equipment and incurring overhead cost that could have better been spent supporting struggling races with reduced cost so the races would generate some income rather than $0.00 for APBA.

QUESTION:
                        How many new drivers have come from this effort?

(2) The deal cut to purchase tunnel boats from a west coast supplier is now in trouble. There are orders unfilled and questions about product quality issues.

QUESTION:
                        Who was responsible for reviewing the viability and long term ability of the boat company to ensure this investment of APBA funds were a good business venture? (Who’s budget is paying for this?)

(3) The 30% decline in membership last year added to the 12% this year adds up to 42% of APBA customer decline in 2 years. This, combined with the loss of sanction revenues for the past 2 years must have the APBA income balance sheet bleeding of red ink! (How long has it been since the financial records of APBA have been audited?)

QUESTION:

This week you have the chance to look in the mirror and ask yourself the question that many members of APBA are asking, “HOW MUCH LONGER CAN THE PERSON IN COMMAND CONTINUE and is NOW the time for a change?”

Below for your easy reference and for the new board members information is my letter of concern from last year. I hope this week is the time for action! Not more half- baked ideas that cost APBA $$ and have little to no return on investment.

Respectfully submitted,
                        Howard Shaw
                        APBA member #1487
                        Region 10
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        APBA Board of Directors: 3/26/2010

Open letter to APBA Board

As a long time member and paid customer of the APBA organization I feel compelled to write you this letter of concern.
                        I have been a member since 1963 of APBA paying my dues each year as they escalated from $34.00 a year to today’s rate’s of over $190.00. I have been a race chairmen, commodore, region activity chairman, served on APBA category commission, an approved Referee in all divisions and volunteer for many duties to support boat racing when called upon.
                        All this comes, as you know with no monetary reward. In fact the 100’s of us that perform these same duties across the country actually pay APBA to have the pleasure to perform these volunteer duties.
                        APBA gets it income from members, “paying customers” every year as membership’s dues and also from our efforts finding race sites and putting on races that generate sanction income for the ABPA business model.
                        As a customer of APBA I ask you to please remind President Weber that in any business the customer is king if the business is to survive. Customer satisfaction is paramount for any business that hopes to grow and prosper.
                        President Weber has shown over the past years that under his leadership that customer satisfaction simply does not exist and the recent decline in business income bears out that fact. The 30% decline in membership, 20% decline in sanctions, along with President Weber’s personal agendas on reversals of agreements, and inability to see the big picture, have lead to lay offs in the office as your customers become disenchanted and go elsewhere to spend their time and monies.
                        I have been advised that President Weber, when questioned, about the insurance agreement that he did not realize his wife worked for that company awarded the contract. Are you kidding me? Does President Weber think we are all idiots, or is it just more of the issues at hand in the management of the A.P.B.A business.
                        Boat racing will exist with or without A.P.B.A., there are other options out there in spite of what some would lead you to believe.
                        I’m sure that if you ask President Weber he would have you believe that the economy has caused this down turn and you can’t lay this at his feet.
                        I keep coming back to a statement that President Weber made at the Detroit national meeting that “he hoped he was not going to be the last APBA president”. Was this premonition on his part or did he know what many members are now finding out that President Weber has no customer satisfaction skills or presence and his management style is simply “my way or the highway” dictatorship.
                        The future of APBA is truly in your hands as APBA board of directors. Due to the fact that the paying customers (members) no longer vote in the APBA president, you as the board now control that selection process and we the customers are out of the process.
                        I conclude this with the hope that you as the Board will take the needed steps to improve the customer satisfaction efforts of the APBA and let your paying customers, once again have a voice that is heard as well as the chance to provide a racing series or venue as a part of APBA without needless interference by a third party because he/she disagrees with the process they have designed to run the series/events. If you choose to do nothing and disregard this letter that’s fine, again, it is your choice to
                        change the coarse APBA is on or let it run down the current track of extinction due to lack of customer service, high cost, diminishing sanctions and declining customer base.
                        There are some good people at your disposal who understand customer satisfaction and opening the door to all groups or racing series that will bring new members and fans to APBA. It simply will take a President willing to open his/her eyes and listen to all customers that wish to pay for the privilege of being part of the APBA family and support the growth of boat racing for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                          That is only a 5 hour drive for us. The wife says we will be there!. Which park do they race at for nationals in Moses Lake??
                          Cascade Park
                          Sattler Racing R-15
                          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                          TEAM VRP
                          The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Thats great! Thank you for all your hard work
                            Sattler Racing R-15
                            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                            TEAM VRP
                            The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

We need the updates Mikey! You are my only hope. I am sick at home with a sick girl and it is Ashten's birthday. I need my boat racing info.

Comment

To ALL who participated..Thank-You very much!!!
                                Roger A 68M
                                Team Casual

Comment

Working...
                                X