Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock Outboard 2011 National Meeting Updates!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Outboard 2011 National Meeting Updates!!!!!!

Ok boys and girls. Mikey is locked, cocked, and ready to rock!!!!! I will post the Agenda with the motions and the results as we go. Check with the site throughout the day to see what is happening in your division. The attachment is what we are all using as a guilde. got to go!!! Fast Eddie is in Da-House!!!!!!!
    mike ross

Owe I forgot to attach the adenda!!!
    mike ross

Comment

Having technical diffaculty. Maybe Hydroracer doesnt like the upload. I swear I wont show pictures of Warnock's boxers.
      mike ross

Comment

Good luck and thanks to all for your efforts.

Sam,

Comment

Per Jeff Conant

"Stock Nationals back at Moses Lake Washington in 2014. Waiting to hear if it will be combined with J and Mod Categories as proposed."

"Stock Outboard 2011 Western Divisionals awarded to Seaside, OR. on June 25th+26th"

"2013 Stock Winter Nationals awarded to Indio, CA in March. Dates YTD"

"1/4 mile straightaway records going to general ballot. These will be just like a kilo, but only 1240ft in length instead of 3280ft. Separate ballot item will be...to allow HOC points for these new 1/4 mile records."
          hauenstein outboard team
          186-W * 28-C * 4-T * C-101

Comment

Here is were we are so far. Check out the red motions on the agenda.
            Attached Files
            mike ross

Comment

Thanks for the great updates!
              Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

WOW those guys are moving right along

Congrats to the SORC for getting a lot done in a short time. Also a BIG congrats and thanks to Dave and Kyle for helping return the SO Nationals to Moses Lake!!!!
                Moby Grape Racing
                "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                  Congrats to the SORC for getting a lot done in a short time. Also a BIG congrats and thanks to Dave and Kyle for helping return the SO Nationals to Moses Lake!!!!
                  That is only a 5 hour drive for us. The wife says we will be there!. Which park do they race at for nationals in Moses Lake??
                  Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                    Yes top marks , I can not wait for that one

CMH. 61R
                    Short Fuze Racing
                    Team Darneille
                    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                    IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

really???

3. Elimination of full butterflies in the Tahatsu D motor

Replacement of the factory installed throttle plates (butterflys) is complicated by the fact that the screws in most foreign carburetors are not sold separately. These factory installed screws are flared so they will not fall out. Removing these screws to change the butterflys damages the threads of the screws and the throttle shaft. There is question regarding the need to replace the factory butterflys with solid ones. The wording in paragraph 5, requires the throttle to automatically go "closed" when released. Kill switches are installed to kill the engine. Back in the olden days there was no kill switch requirement, hence the 'solid butterfly' rule. If an incorrect or damaged screw is used it could fall out and damage the engine. Or worse, it could cause the throttle to jam. The need for solid butterflys no longer exists. The rule is a carryover from the days before kill switches.
                      Recommendation: Eliminate the second sentence in paragraph 5.

Sorry tahatsu guys this is the dumbest request yet. Quote me all you want. I hope this one fails. I want the names of the people who vote yes. So I can tell them to stop running with scissors while smoking and filling their gas tank.

Comment

Like This?

So I can tell them to stop running with scissors while smoking and filling their gas tank.

(Sorry to high jake the thread)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Tomtall; 01-27-2011, 09:10 PM.
                        Tom L.

Comment

Full butterflies do more than "kill" the engine. They tend protect the engine in the situation where the engine is suddenly immersed in water. Also, I've seen too many "kill" switches fail to do the job. Even after being tested. When tested, all you know is that it worked then. The full butterfly is too esential to be discarded. I would think that with all the technical capabilities in the organization a solution could be had to eliminate the butterfly screw issue without changing the full butterfly rule. Jack

Comment

Per jeff conant

I alway's thought a 1/4 mile was 1320 ft ! What is the purpose of 1/4 mile time trial's ? anybody ??

Comment

A skilled person can run with scissors and nothing will happen. If you want to try in make sure you have enough skill to not fall and if you do, be careful of where they are pointed. Maybe we should just eliminate scissors altogether- make them illegal to own without a permit!

The idea behind the 1/4 mile for speed records is to make it easier for most areas of the country to host a speed trial event. It is very difficult to find a protected area that is a kilometer in length- not including the run-up and slowdown area at each end of the course. Most rivers have bends in them and large bodies of water get rough. There hasn't been a "kilo event" in Moorehaven, FL in a long while. Right now, if you want to set a kilo record, you have to travel to the northwest......

Comment

Working...
                              X