If I Were King I'd....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Yulp, just like we've always done things for 50 years!!!! The truth and open forum can't be good!!!!
    Ron??? Really...Isn't that like calling the kettle black? In your own words..I don't even join APBA anymore. Talk about putting your head in the sand.

I know you have done a lot for racing but isn't that really what you did when you stopped getting involved in the politics.

If everyone that thought APBA was so bad got together I'm willing to bet they could make a difference. I'm willing to bet they could win a few elections and make a difference.

Ron I don't know you real well. I know you had a fast DSR back in the day. But just to support you...If you ran for an APBA office I will guarantee you my vote. Does not matter if I agree with you or not, if a person is that passionate about our sport as you seem to be I will give you my support and let’s see if you can make a difference.

That also goes for...
    Dave Mason
    Pat Wright
    Bill Van Steenwyk
    Not singling just you guys out (ok I guess I am) it goes for everyone that thinks our current administration and the past administration are/were idiots and think they can do better.

You all have my vote for any office you run for.

Remember, if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

Ok let me have it
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Don View Post
      Ron??? Really...Isn't that like calling the kettle black? In your own words..I don't even join APBA anymore. Talk about putting your head in the sand.

I know you have done a lot for racing but isn't that really what you did when you stopped getting involved in the politics.

If everyone that thought APBA was so bad got together I'm willing to bet they could make a difference. I'm willing to bet they could win a few elections and make a difference.

Ron I don't know you real well. I know you had a fast DSR back in the day. But just to support you...If you ran for an APBA office I will guarantee you my vote. Does not matter if I agree with you or not, if a person is that passionate about our sport as you seem to be I will give you my support and let’s see if you can make a difference.

That also goes for...
      Dave Mason
      Pat Wright
      Bill Van Steenwyk
      Not singling just you guys out (ok I guess I am) it goes for everyone that thinks our current administration and the past administration are/were idiots and think they can do better.

You all have my vote for any office you run for.

Remember, if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

Ok let me have it
      Thanks for your vote--As I of the names you mentioned am on the inside fighting for the future of Pro racing--have been a commissioner for about 6 years and I am one again this year..So if I ever figure out how to best turn things around for APBA I might need your vote. But as I always try to help and have done so in the Pro Category and USTS one day I might need your vote for APBA BOD (there gonna hate it I gurantee)

Thanks
      Pat Wright

ugg I sound like a politician

Comment

• Steppin out.............

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
        Ok let me have it
        Missed you for the last couple weeks. I can only guess you were out testing your new Sidewinder?????

Leave poor ole Ron alone before he makes a comeback and kicks both our butt's!!

Later

Comment

• If folks want this tread to go away we can make that happen but I don't want another one started again with just a different title. Also we don"t want folks sending us PM's saying we are over sensoring.

You all decide but after watching this thread I am not sure a mutual consenses can be reached.

Let us know in a nice way. After all it is the holiday season
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Work keeps getting in the way of this hobby. See ya in Detroit!

I'm not picking on him...just saying that if a person walks away or doesn't get involved how can one complain? I stopped a few years ago with the politics therefore I don't think I have a right to complain about APBA. As a member we do have the right to offer suggestions and stuff but to sit back and complain like some do is just not right nor is it fair.

Don Sr told me that the day I stopping being involved or holding an office I don't have the right to complain. Only so many can hold an office but everyone can attend meetings and offer to help or be on committees. And I truly believe that everyone can. The excuse of I can’t afford or I can’t get the time off work… Really? You can but it’s just not a high enough priority. Now I know some jobs force workers to take 1 week at a time and thing like that so maybe they can’t go. But you could if you really wanted to…Turn it into a vacation and go for the week I know Detroit does not sound like a hot spot but every city has thing to do and see. And I may be a little biased but Detroit is a cool city with lot’s to do and see. You could still volunteer to be on a committee or get involved even if you don’t go.
            "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• DETROIT..........Things to do?

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
              Turn it into a vacation and go for the week I know Detroit does not sound like a hot spot but every city has thing to do and see. And I may be a little biased but Detroit is a cool city with lot’s to do and see.
              This could be the start of a new thread!! Can you arrange 'comp' tickets to a Redwings game for the entire SORC at the National Meeting next month!! I was at a Caps game the other night and they stink lately!!

Ho Ho Ho

Comment

• Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                If folks want this tread to go away we can make that happen but I don't want another one started again with just a different title. Also we don"t want folks sending us PM's saying we are over sensoring.

You all decide but after watching this thread I am not sure a mutual consenses can be reached.

Let us know in a nice way. After all it is the holiday season
                While I was ready to say I agree with Bill...I say keep it up or start a new thread that is all pointed toward the positive.

I think if we focused on the good and what we can do to make it better and don't turn it into APBA is the evil empire we should see something good from it.

The problem is we will never agree on what the problem/s are and what should be don't to fix them.

I see post and I wonder what the person posting think that means because it probably means something different to several of us.

Don Allen

Comment

• I am sorry Bill...

Things have changed and here is how:

It is no longer possible to hide anyones "dirty laundry" in the age of information. For better or worse that is the way it is.

If HR decided to censor themselves someone else would just start another site.

I ask instead for the leadership to engage here or in a venue of their choice.

The leaderships policy of nonresponse to the membership in a public forum is just as damaging as any criticism of them or the organization.

This is a fundamental change in society that businesses are just starting to wrap their heads around. And APBA is certainly a business. The members are their clients.

example:

Toyotas policy of nonresponse to their sudden accelleration issue did not make the problem go away. It made it worse because the policy of communications blackout by Toyota leadership made it seem as though they were either arrogantly unaware of the problems or aware and hiding from it.

That is exactly the perception of the general APBA membership of the APBA leadership and it will not change until the leadership engages.

You cannot open peoples hearts and change peoples minds with silence.

Brad Walker
                  302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

• One more thing....

One of the reasons this site appears so critical and contentious is because of the lack of responses by anyone with any authority to actually do anything.

It takes two people to have communication and except for the original poster only one side is represented in this dialogue. This increases the frustation of the general membership and the cycle just escalates.

If the leadership engaged with the general membership I am certain the tone would soften dramatically.

BW
                    Last edited by B Walker; 12-10-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=mdaspit;171142]No, I don't think that's what he means, its just that the lack of club money is not the real problem, it is a symptom of a much larger problem.

Sorry.
                      When B Walker (Brad or Bill?) wrote that my earlier post was a "meaningless detail" , I thought he meant it. Also, My comment about selling APBA to investors was not serious.

Here's something positive - I have talked to a fellow race director and I think I know how to fix my money problem for the next two or three years.

Merry Christmas everyone!
                      I will try to keep to my rule that I stay off of HR because it raises my blood pressure. I miss boat racing !

BK

Comment

• [QUOTE=94H;171259]
                        Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
                        No, I don't think that's what he means, its just that the lack of club money is not the real problem, it is a symptom of a much larger problem.

Sorry.
                        When B Walker (Brad or Bill?) wrote that my earlier post was a "meaningless detail" , I thought he meant it. Also, My comment about selling APBA to investors was not serious.

Here's something positive - I have talked to a fellow race director and I think I know how to fix my money problem for the next two or three years.

I will try to keep to my rule that I stay off of HR because it raises my blood pressure. I miss boat racing !

BK

Please read back carefully. I posted thanking Mark Da Spit on addressing big picture concepts when so many of the posts in this thread address the "meaningless details". And just to clarify what I think are "meaningless details", any post here that addresses a symptom and not a cause is a meaningless detail in my book.

More members solves ALL money problems. Therefore focusing on growing the membership fixes an underlying cause. 50/50 raffles, raising entry fees, getting sponsorship money, etc...all address symptoms and are a meaningless detail.

We have spent too many years addressing symptoms and not causes.

If causes are fixed then symptoms go away.

Brad Walker

Comment

• [QUOTE=94H;171259]
                          Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
                          I will try to keep to my rule that I stay off of HR because it raises my blood pressure. I miss boat racing !BK
                          Open forums like this are refreshing place to air your views. It's good to know what others think. It shouldn't raise your blood pressure. As some one who has now stated that they think they know how to "fix" the money problems, don't you feel these ideas should be put out there for honest criticism. A little of that is good for all of us.
                          !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

• [QUOTE=PopPop;171264]
                            Originally posted by 94H View Post
                            Open forums like this are refreshing place to air your views. It's good to know what others think. It shouldn't raise your blood pressure. As some one who has now stated that they think they know how to "fix" the money problems, don't you feel these ideas should be put out there for honest criticism. A little of that is good for all of us.
                            Pop Pop
                            Some how in your post, it looks like I am being given the credit for KB's post.
                            Sorry to say it wasn't me.
                            If i had cracked the code on how to make more money for the club, I would be shouting it from the.... I don't know what, but would be shouting it somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                            X