Workers Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My part

Last season I told Pat Wright that I will get someone new into the sport this season. I'm still working toward that goal. I am slowly aquiring equipment for a new guy to use. Also, I am in touch with a few possible rookies I met while I had my equipment on display at a boat show. Heck, I've even been in touch with two racers from out of the country who want to come to the U.S. to try out one of our races.
    Maybe I can get something worked out. I'm trying.

Comment

Wow, (2 yrs later) I just saw this reply! How cool is that story?!?! It is too bad that insurance and our lawsuit happy world really puts the kabosh on rides like this. I will still continue to give out rides, even if it's on my own time away from a racesite....

Originally posted by HRTV View Post
      I have to agree with Kip on this one, my very first time in a race boat was in the late 70's when former Champ Boat driver Harry Davis of region 4 saw me standing on the shoreline with that look in my eye. I remember the day like it was yesterday when Harry approached me and asked if I wanted to take his Champ Boat for a spin, needless to say back in those days folks didn't worry about law suits etc. and yes they were simpler times but the same theory still applies today.

Long story made short Harry suited me up * NO KEVLARS late 70's * just my summer shorts and a t-shirt and of course life jacket and helmet the rest was history mind you I was only about 16 years old and the boat was a full blown champ rig that Harry raced the very next weekend in the Pittsburgh three rivers regatta along side the likes of Renato Molinari and other V-8's from Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerXXX View Post
        So let me get this straight....You're saying that the problem is boat racers aren't F'ng on the first date?

YES! and I am willing to launch a campain to clear this problem up immediately.
        Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

I'm in on the campaign trail too!!
          Ive got a lotta miles but Ive also got lotz of experience....But there is TWO problems!!!
          1) not enuff chix at kneeldown races... (Cafferelli doesnt count)
          2) Im not a hot as I used to be!! (in my mind I am) Shelly tells me the young girls look at me and most likely gross out too!!

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
          YES! and I am willing to launch a campain to clear this problem up immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
            it became increasingly apparent to me today that we have entirely too many "problem identifiers" in boat racing.

What we really need are more "problem solvers". not just talkers, but doers.

If you have been sitting back in your easy chair only working on making your own boat go faster you are in for a harsh reality check. With out a portion of your efforts going toward helping to recruit drivers, put on races, improve information flow, hang banners etc..... We are going to run out of people to race against.

We need to share the burden with our core workers that put on races and make it happen.

Let's keep it going and thank you to all of you that work year after year at your events to keep our races and race sites going.
            well said!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Freedom Fighter;106669]
              Originally posted by RacerXXX View Post

Well Mike, I will say you do have an attitude, that's great, and you are consistant. Most people in America are dead fish floating down stream.

But, the truth is, "The Law is perfect converting the soul."

Have you ever told a lie? (I have)
              Have you ever stole any thing? (I have)
              Have you ever looked at a woman to lust after her? (I have)
              Have you ever taken the Lords name in vain? (I have)

So, When you stand before Just God on Judgement day will you be found guilty of these sins? Will you be convicted and thrown into the Lake of Fire with the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, whoshall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death?

You can laugh an mock all you want while you are down here on earth. But you will stand before the fearful God on Judgement day like us all.

"All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God."

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be d*mmed. "

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. "

"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. "

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

But there is a way out of eternal d*mmation, that is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and Repent, or turn from you wicked ways.

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be d*mmed."

"And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

I pray that God will torment you untill you turn from your wicked ways and call on the name of the Lord.

God Bless.

Sinner, Saved by grace.
              or just buy amway, god loves amway

Comment

Racer X has tried to get on here many a time since we took over but he is past history that we don't want.
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                  Racer X has tried to get on here many a time since we took over but he is past history that we don't want.
                  But his entertainment value is priceless!

Comment

Working...
                  X