Workers Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workers Wanted

It became increasingly apparent to me today that we have entirely too many "problem identifiers" in boat racing.

What we really need are more "problem solvers". Not just talkers, but doers.

If you have been sitting back in your easy chair only working on making your own boat go faster you are in for a harsh reality check. With out a portion of your efforts going toward helping to recruit drivers, put on races, improve information flow, hang banners etc..... we are going to run out of people to race against.

We need to share the burden with our core workers that put on races and make it happen.

Let's keep it going and thank you to all of you that work year after year at your events to keep our races and race sites going.

[QUOTE=reed28n;106610]It became increasingly apparent to me today that we have entirely too many "problem identifiers" in boat racing.

QUOTE]

Scott,

I have some great news! R. Steven Hearn had one telephone conference call and one BOD meeting in 2004 to suspend me for one year. The bible belt in the south has identified me to be THE problem as well. I have many, many fans in Michigan that would agree. It just brings a tear to my eyes to think about how angry I have made people. I can hardly sleep at night unless I go to the bar! Ehhhh I guess Im ok.....I am real close to selling all the rest of my equipment and boat racing will be fixed FOREVER! NO MORE PROBLEMS!! There isn't anything left to do brother! According to the bible belt racers membership has been on a decline because I offend people on Hydroracer.net. Now that I will be gone it should just go through the f'ng roof! Hope the Sidewinder factory is ready!

I'll be donating half the money to the Hair Club For Men In R. Steven Hearns and future member Edward Hearn names to get a little something extra up top. Ooops? Can I say Hair Club in the bible belt? The other half of the proceeds will be used to buy illegal drugs, whores and alcohol as most suspected and I will NOT be attending church anytime soon.

Michael R. Barrett
    SINNER
    I put the FUN in dysFUNctunal!!!

PS: Hey Freedom Fighter what do you thinketh now beeeooootttch? Pray for me!

PSS: One problem identified...I think you will agree....You need to lower the CSH weight if Gladkowski's XL azz is right on weight. There has got to be something wrong with that!!
    Last edited by RacerXXX; 06-03-2008, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Bravo

If you have been sitting back in your easy chair only working on making your own boat go faster you are in for a harsh reality check. With out a portion of your efforts going toward helping to recruit drivers, put on races, improve information We need to share the burden with our core workers that put on races and make it happen.Let's keep it going and thank you to all of you that work year after year at your events to keep our races and race sites going.
      Well said !!!

P.S. - IF each active racer got ONE new person to join the sport we could DOUBLE our #'s very quickly.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tomtall; 06-03-2008, 06:33 PM.
      Tom L.

Comment

[QUOTE=RacerXXX;106631]
        Originally posted by reed28n View Post
        It became increasingly apparent to me today that we have entirely too many "problem identifiers" in boat racing.

QUOTE]

Scott,

I have some great news! R. Steven Hearn had one telephone conference call and one BOD meeting in 2004 to suspend me for one year. The bible belt in the south has identified me to be THE problem as well. I have many, many fans in Michigan that would agree. It just brings a tear to my eyes to think about how angry I have made people. I can hardly sleep at night unless I go to the bar! Ehhhh I guess Im ok.....I am real close to selling all the rest of my equipment and boat racing will be fixed FOREVER! NO MORE PROBLEMS!! There isn't anything left to do brother! According to the bible belt racers membership has been on a decline because I offend people on Hydroracer.net. Now that I will be gone it should just go through the f'ng roof! Hope the Sidewinder factory is ready!

I'll be donating half the money to the Hair Club For Men In R. Steven Hearns and future member Edward Hearn names to get a little something extra up top. Ooops? Can I say Hair Club in the bible belt? The other half of the proceeds will be used to buy illegal drugs and alcohol as most suspected and I will NOT be attending church anytime soon.

Michael R. Barrett
        SINNER

PSS: One problem identified...I think you will agree....You need to lower the CSH weight if Gladkowski's XL azz is right on weight. There has got to be something wrong with that!!
        Hey DUD , you left out the DYS wich is what you seem to do to others!!!
        RichardKCMo

Comment

[QUOTE=RichardKCMo;106637]
          Originally posted by RacerXXX View Post

Hey DUD , you left out the DYS wich is what you seem to do to others!!!
          RichardKCMo

Hey Richard.....I can see you put a lot of thought into this reply. You used some big words and made some great points so I will not dys you. You obviously graduated from the same Law School Ed Hearn went to and are much more of a refined man then I could ever dream to be!! I would be afraid to go head to head with you!! Just remember....you booze you lose! Pray for me!!! Anna Hearn is!

PS: KC. Mo. well I reckon theres some pretty busy hot tubs you and your sister can party in on the weekends!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Last edited by RacerXXX; 06-03-2008, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Scott,

Problem makers aside, I will help. As we talked about, technical writing is not my strong suit (That University I quit might have helped that) but I would like to be involved. Heck, put Ryan Runne and I on the same committee. That should engage some lively discussion!

Burdick

Comment

Scott,
              Well said! All anyone needs to do is call there local club officers and ask them if there is anything they can do for any upcoming race. Advertisements and/or Sponsors would probably be the number 1 thing on my list for all race sites and clubs to work on. To offset our towing and travel, the local racers close to the race site should try to acquire funds from local businesses and have there Club officers follow up with official paper work provided by the Stock outboard website. DO IT, is right Scott. With gas prices about to cripple this sport, EVERYONE needs to step up!

Disclaimer: I understand, if you are on this site you most likely are the people that help every weekend, however we can all always do just a little bit more, or tell someone to get up and do something.
              Last edited by MGallagher; 06-08-2008, 05:43 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

SOme Input

I think the root cause goes much deeper than simple participation. The folks that do the core work will always do the core work, it is who they are, and why they do it. They are not able to sit around. Therefore they choose to be the core workers. I also believe we are far to spread out. A lot of consolidation needs to happen before participation will grow. It is VERY hard to sell this sport to anyone that is a hardcore gearhead, simply because we are divided and spread so thin. Costs are up on just about every aspect of the sport, fuel, equipment, etc. Equipment is up on cost because demand is low... ya right. It is because we race old equipment no longer produced except by a few individuals who wish to keep it racing. Nothing wrong with that at all, just makes it a hard sell because it suddenly becomes expensive for those individuals to manufacure, they are not comercialized and can't take advantage of cost savings in production. It is pieced together in a gararge manually. A real factory can produce a lot cheaper.

One other thing I would like to point out, it is NOT as simple as offering to help, most categories would not take you up on it. It has to much red tape to go through and the fight is simply not worth it. I will use myself as an example. Not long ago a discussion was had how to grow the sport. It was said we needed turn key rigs. I offered to build boats for each class at cost to the SORC. Not one commisioner or poster here on HR emailed me, PM'ed me, or contacted me on any other form. I didn't see any other builders stepping up to the plate..... So you have volunteers, you simply need to learn how to organize, prioritize, and implement what you already have..... And you need to learn how to do it quick, not 5 years... in 5 years the world changes a lot and what was good then is not possible now... you have to keep with the times..... and do it effeciently.

There is my four cents worth.
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Diluted

Excellent point about the class structure, we have too many classes for the number of racers. But the red tape comes from being what we are, a member run organization, who do we exclude in less than 5 years?

Your boat idea has merrit but it will take some time to develop..
                  Last edited by reed28n; 06-07-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Someday it wont be funny anymore

[QUOTE=RacerXXX;106631]

QUOTE]

Scott,

I'll be donating half the money to the Hair Club For Men In R. Steven Hearns and future member Edward Hearn names to get a little something extra up top. Ooops? Can I say Hair Club in the bible belt? The other half of the proceeds will be used to buy illegal drugs, whores and alcohol as most suspected and I will NOT be attending church anytime soon.

Michael R. Barrett
                    SINNER

Well Mike, I will say you do have an attitude, that's great, and you are consistant. Most people in America are dead fish floating down stream.

But, the truth is, "The Law is perfect converting the soul."

Have you ever told a lie? (I have)
                    Have you ever stole any thing? (I have)
                    Have you ever looked at a woman to lust after her? (I have)
                    Have you ever taken the Lords name in vain? (I have)

So, When you stand before Just God on Judgement day will you be found guilty of these sins? Will you be convicted and thrown into the Lake of Fire with the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, whoshall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death?

You can laugh an mock all you want while you are down here on earth. But you will stand before the fearful God on Judgement day like us all.

"All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God."

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be d*mmed. "

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. "

"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. "

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

But there is a way out of eternal d*mmation, that is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and Repent, or turn from you wicked ways.

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be d*mmed."

"And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

I pray that God will torment you untill you turn from your wicked ways and call on the name of the Lord.

God Bless.

Sinner, Saved by grace.

Comment

All good reading

That is all good reading but I think we are a little off topic. It was just s shout out for some more people to get off their duff.

Its boat racing....

Comment

That is all good reading but I think we are a little off topic. It was just s shout out for some more people to get off their duff.

Its boat racing....

I like the principle, " If you have a complaint, you are welcome to complain IF, you have a proposed solution. Other wise keep quiet." Now getting people to adhear to that can be a problem.

Throughout history we find that 20% of the people do 80% of the work. So, Look for the 20%. If someone complains to you, ask them if they have a solution and are willing to work. If they say no, tell them to be quiet.

Unfortunately it is that way. As the Lord said, "Many are called, ...few are chosen."

I choose me.

Comment

[QUOTE=Freedom Fighter;106669]
                          Originally posted by RacerXXX View Post

Well Mike, I will say you do have an attitude, that's great, and you are consistant. Most people in America are dead fish floating down stream.

But, the truth is, "The Law is perfect converting the soul."

Have you ever told a lie? (I have)
                          Have you ever stole any thing? (I have)
                          Have you ever looked at a woman to lust after her? (I have)
                          Have you ever taken the Lords name in vain? (I have)

So, When you stand before Just God on Judgement day will you be found guilty of these sins? Will you be convicted and thrown into the Lake of Fire with the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, whoshall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death?

You can laugh an mock all you want while you are down here on earth. But you will stand before the fearful God on Judgement day like us all.

"All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God."

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be d*mmed. "

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. "

"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. "

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

But there is a way out of eternal d*mmation, that is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and Repent, or turn from you wicked ways.

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be d*mmed."

"And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

I pray that God will torment you untill you turn from your wicked ways and call on the name of the Lord.

God Bless.

Sinner, Saved by grace.

Hey Sinner Saved by grace. God must have a sense of humor if he made a F up like you! I use to be worried not any more brother! Pray for me anyway biiitttccch. I can use all the help I can get.
                          Last edited by RacerXXX; 06-04-2008, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Eastern Edge

Or you could just believe in reincarnation and then you get all the eternal life you want without the saving grace.

(just trying to lighten the mood here guys)
                            64W & 22B

Comment

Working...
                            X