Clear All

???

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
    what was the point of the rule?
    It is not an "A" don't worry about it.
    17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Back a few years this was done because the 80 head was no longer available.
      However, the 102/302 is available and Brian they are the same head. Seems to me this new rule is a ruse to be able to get the 102/302 CC's closer to the Min Dim.
      See the thing is, The I dim(14mm) and H dim(18mm) head min may not get the cc's down to the min volume. So GEE lets just eliminate the H or I dim and mill away till my motor is min CC's. So then I use the 14mm head and long reach plugs or the 18 mm head with 14mm spark plug adapters with long reach plugs. Opps I just gave away a speed secret. Dang!!!!
      Next year all my motors will be at min CC's.
      Ok all, just tell if am wrong!!! LOL
      bill b

Comment

Originally posted by bbackus17w View Post
        It is not an "A" don't worry about it.
        i can see that you think i will allways be running A and that may very well be true. but it does not mean that is all i will ever run. So if i choose to try to "Itio-acate" myself in the mean time I will. thanks all the same though
        on the other hand i have...so far.. refrained from voicing an opinion

"The Coffee Guy"
        TEAM CAFFEINE
        Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
        " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
          i can see that you think i will allways be running A and that may very well be true. but it does not mean that is all i will ever run. So if i choose to try to "Itio-acate" myself in the mean time I will. thanks all the same though
          on the other hand i have...so far.. refrained from voicing an opinion
          Voice it....you want some relic parts approved for the OMC "A" also?
          17W

Comment

Originally posted by don11w View Post
            ...to be clear even telling them how much you dislike this rule it will never be able to go back to what it was. So what is done is done.
            Well said Mr. Allen. Save your breaths! There are a lot of great ideas and great arguments for change on Hydroracer but I think the words "very little get put to use" would be a generous understatement. To be exact I can't remember one rule getting over turned because someone bitttccched on Hydroracer. A lot of times things are well put and people have great points!......That's coming from one experienced bittccch on Hydroracer!!! lol

Comment

Could It Be

The propsal came from the person who has the 20 or 30 heads it took to reach that one perfect CC head ?????
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Nice... It's like plugging the A's. A couple of cheating bastards were running, so instead of throwing them out, we all become cheating bastards. Are there any other cheaters out there who want to legalize what they are doing? By all means, let us know!

Comment

Scott, If it was done to preserve a level playing field, then that is a valid enough reason for me. It won't effect new guys since they would have to get their motor machined anyway. Not being a motor guy, I didn't think about the fact that there is still a min. cc. I can certainly understand why this was done now.
                  Ryan Runne
                  9-H
                  Wacusee Speedboats
                  ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Ryan

Originally posted by 22W View Post
                    Nice... It's like plugging the A's. A couple of cheating bastards were running, so instead of throwing them out, we all become cheating bastards. Are there any other cheaters out there who want to legalize what they are doing? By all means, let us know!
                    You have been spending too much time in the thin air.

It is exactly NOT like the A rule.......

Pretty strong words for the self proclaimed roll-up die hard driver that will never have one of those gay little side fin boats for sissies.....
                    Last edited by reed28n; 02-26-2008, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Not sure this new 2009 rule made it into the 2010 inspection manual?

No more H/I dimension on the 302/102 as of 2009.

from the manual it appears there is dimensions:

It is legal to bore the Yamato 102C and 302F cylinders one size larger than standard bore. It is permissible to resleeve any block provided engine specifications are maintained.
                      It is permissible to mill the cylinder head within the H and I dimensions. No changes may be made to the combustion chamber. It is legal to re-machining of squish band for repair purposes only angle 15° ± 2°, 2.612 ± 0.015 for Y-102 and Y-302 engines. There must be a visible ledge surrounding the squish band.
                      It is permissible to substitute the Yamato 302 gear case assembly for use on the 102 engine. The 102 gear case assembly may not be used on the 302 engine.
                      The 102 exhaust megaphone may have

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
                      Please keep in mind that all of the rule changes voted on in Detroit are for the 2009 Racing season so they will not go into effect until November 1st 2008.

I have had a few inquiries about the 102 and 302 H and I dimensions. Since this is not a saftey rule and we did not receive a motion from the floor regarding the timeline for implentation of the removal of this dimension, the current rule will be in effect for all of the 2008 racing season.

Bottom line, if your head does not meet the H or I dimension this year you will be thrown out.

Scott Reed
                      Last edited by drbyrne55; 09-26-2010, 09:59 PM.
                      BOPP

Comment

Tech Manual....

Dan,

There are some areas in the 2010 Tech Manual for the 102/302 that need cleaning up. TJ & I have conversed about this some time ago.

There is no longer an "H" or "I" dimension.
                        17W

Comment

Working...
                        X