Sweet Revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifetime Award

I have been gettng nasty emails again. No wonder the aof email is down. Someone has been complainin.
    I am told to get out the names of some more of the year end award winners..ok, I'm having a weak momment.
    How about this:
    the newest member of the AOF Lifetime Member Brigade,
    (Which means AOF gets no more membership money from them, because they have earned a big spot in our organization and our hearts)
    for 2005
    BOB MONTOYA
    We have to all agree that Bob is a very deserving recipient. He has been doing good things for boat racing for many years.
    Thank you Bob. See you in Spokane.
    Connie
    My favorite Bob Montoya story:
    1980 when we put the APBA mod nationals on here in Iowa, Bob was racing EMR when he flipped. Said he hurt, but did not see the Paramedics. Later he asked me to drive him the ten miles to the University Hospital in Iowa City and drop him off. Said it was nothing and he would find a way back to the race course. So, I did. When he returned the next day he was in a brace. Bob had broken his neck! Seems that was the second time he broke his neck. Same story the first time. I was petrified that I had personally driven him to the hospital with a broken neck. Still scares me to think about it.

Comment

Working...
    X