2012 Official SO WinterNationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Official SO WinterNationals

The SORC has approved the long awaited Stock Outboard WinterNationals for 2012.

After many pitfalls and meetings with multiple cities.......

March 30, 31 & April 1 in Lakeland, FL
    is the official host to the event on Lake Hollingsworth.

Nuch and I want to thank everyone for being so patient and delaying your vacations requests. It has been alot of hurdles to get the event scheduled but that is now done. We have many details to finalize and will try to post them all as quickly as possible.

This is the only weekend the lake was available to us for the event.

This will include hotel / camping information.

Hope to see everyone there!!
    Attached Files
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Just to be clear this is the same weekend as the first USTS race in FL?

Comment

Title Series

Yep.............same weekend. Lakeland had no other date available per Nuch.

Comment

Planning

Can you belive TWO races in region 5 [both clamp on] some with same drivers & crews & workers & officals & equipment......16 MILES APART...YES 16 MILES APART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bill hoctor View Post
          Can you belive TWO races in region 5 [both clamp on] some with same drivers & crews & workers & officals & equipment......16 MILES APART...YES 16 MILES APART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Incorrect on several parts Bill...

Yes 2 races are scheduled the same weekend 1 is for the USTS with the PRO's only and 1 with the Stock & J's. It was not the intent to jump on that date we tried everything we could to get a different one.

As stated the only way the Lakeland race and the WinterNationals could happen within Region 5 was to have it on that weekend, this was the only available weekend in March or April. That lake is booked months and years in events to host other events, as it was they had to ask another event to reschedule / replan to accomodate us.

We evaluated the drivers that would pull double duty, yes there are a few but not many. If possible and the USTS people agree Lakeland will try and make the schedule so drivers can go to both events on the same day if they choose to do so.

Officials - Yes we lost 1 official due to the conflict but not all of them...

Equipment - USTS uses their own equipment for those events, Lakeland event will use the Region 5 equipment.

Hope this clarifies and will stop any further complaints. If not we will just unleash Nuch on you
          444-B now 4-F

Comment

Races

Howie I understand all the work you and Nuch did on this race. I commend both of you, my point is..i have worked all region 5 SO races & 2 Worlds & the Lake Wales race.......Now i have to pick and chose!...Regards Bill

Comment

2012 SO Winter Nationals Video Project Idea

With our first grandchild on the way this spring and the cross country travel that will ensue along with the goals Team 111M has for the upcoming 2012 season, it is practically certain that we won’t be making this event however….

If there is nobody commissioning an official video project for this event than maybe we can do one by proxy with video shot from those that do attend? We are more than willing to edit any provided suitable content into a chronological video document of the event.

If there is an interest in a collaborative project like this let me know; I can list out a bunch of video shot and audio clip ideas that could help pull something like this together.
              Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Video

Ray, depending on the work schedule, Deck racing will below to shake offthecobwebsand see the back of the pack! I'll call you when I get back from the medical mission in the Philippines, and we can talk arrangements.
                Anxiously waiting for your next YouTube upload!
                When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Raymond,
                  The video idea sounds great. I will talk to Nuch and see if we can utilize the SORC equipment. Now to find a volunteer to run the camera all weekend...
                  444-B now 4-F

Comment

Howie,

Even if we can’t find someone to man the camera all weekend long…if we can only get limited camera commit time along with other participant footage we might be able to pull this off without much trouble for any single member. I am formulating a shot list that may help with any other random footage obtained. I can share that list if we can get some interest in the project. Is there any way to make such a solicitation in the sanction to get the idea in everyone’s head that might not be exposed to it here on HR? This could result in some good content for the Stock Outboard TV you-tube page.
                    Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Same weekend

USTS is racing at Winter Haven the same days, short trip to see other racers. Maybe you could run OSY/20ss/?? or friday so Amy Nydahl could run both races.

Comment

Stay tuned Ray, we will try and come up with something.

Sean - We are willing to work on our schedule to help out drivers that want to do both races. Do you know what the USTS schedule is or where we can find out? Thanks
                        444-B now 4-F

Comment

Howie,
                          I dont believe they run OSY400 at the title series races, But the Nydahls and Schmidts would run 125H I believe on Sat. So if you run CSH or OSY on Friday, they might be able to make both races
                          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Thanks Wayne, We would like to know the entire USTS race schedule so we can help out everyone we can.
                            444-B now 4-F

Comment

USTS Schedule Winter Haven

Testing Thursday and Friday, March 29-30. Racing Saturday and Sunday March 31-April 1st.

Saturday Classes - 250R, 350H, 500R, KPro, 125H, 500H
                              Sunday Classes - 125R, 175H, 250H, 350R, 700H

Racing starts at noon each day and ends around 4pm

Comment

Working...
                              X