Novice C testing at Eatonville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice C testing at Eatonville

Thanks to Ric Montoya and John Myers we will have at least 7 of the stock Yamato 2 blades that will be run in Novice C at Mayfield available for testing. The MAIN thing that I would like to find out from anyone grabbing 1 or 2 to test, is how are they cooling. Ric is concerned that a 2 blade meant to run deep will have problems cooling at 3/4". Ric says we may need to run at 1"". Ideally I would like to run the class at 3/4" to minimize the hassle switching from one class to the next, so try both depths and see what you can find out. I would be a bit curious about speeds, but if you don't want to tell me that's fine. Have fun, help us gather needed info, and get a jump on the competition.

BTW the props may not be EXACTLY as they will be run at Mayfield, Ric says he is getting a pitch block to make sure they all have the same cup.

ALSO BTW we will be including Yamato 80's running at 20SS weight (400?) in novice C, the more the merrier.
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Cooling will not be a problem. The problem will be that 3/4" or 1" the motors will be over reved.
    Our 1st version of Nor Cal 400 in Region 11 was in the mid '90s. Open to any CSH or 20SSH. Beach start, short course. With drivers drawing from a set of 20 of the Yamato 2 blade props. The 1st season was real popular, but died out the 2nd season because drivers didn't like turning that many RPMs with their motors. We had a race with 16 starters the 1st. season at Shadow Cliffs.

In our Nor Cal 400 class, we run them at 3" below the bottom which works fine.

Darrell Sorensen

Comment

Thanks for the info Darrell

We thought about trying to run them deep, but the idea is simplicity, we don't want people to have to modify their boats to run this class.

I will freely admit that I know next to nothing about propellers. I am asking for input from those that do, how hard would it be to beat some more pitch (or whatever they need) into these things so they don't rev so high? Pitch block? I have no idea, help!
      Moby Grape Racing
      "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Also with many 2 blades the excess rpm isnt transferred to speed but instead lost in slippage when run shallow, more R's for about the same speed is more likely.
        Team Tower

Comment

Good info

Ricky Montoya and myself are heading this project up....so the more info we can get from across the country the better. I have been running DSH for the last 20 or so years, so I know very little about setup etc on Yamato stuff. We are going to start this out as a local class at Lake Mayfield the first weekend of May.....and hopefully run it at the majority of races this year. And I want to see it become a national class...but more on that later. David

Comment

how is testing going to be broken down??? all day for 2 cyld classes and 1/2 hr for faster boats as usuall or?????...thanks,,,

Comment

: FRIDAY, APRIL 1 - TESTING: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
              National Championships: All STOCK OUTBOARD WINTER NATIONALS classes to be run on SATURDAY, APRIL 2, weather permitting. Sunday, April 3 will be alternate day.

from APBA web site
              BOPP

Comment

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
                : FRIDAY, APRIL 1 - TESTING: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
                National Championships: All STOCK OUTBOARD WINTER NATIONALS classes to be run on SATURDAY, APRIL 2, weather permitting. Sunday, April 3 will be alternate day.

from APBA web site

Friday is testing but the race organizers will decide what classes test when, usually since they don't want 100mph boats out with 50mph boats at the same time. Play it by ear and hope for the best. It will still be fun
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                  Friday is testing but the race organizers will decide what classes test when, usually since they don't want 100mph boats out with 50mph boats at the same time. Play it by ear and hope for the best. It will still be fun
                  I'm breaking in a engine so I hope I get as much time as possible , it will be the first time the motor touches water , and the boat .

CMH. 61R
                  Short Fuze Racing
                  Team Darneille
                  ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                  IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Testing

Will most likely be broken down with 30 minutes for J's at beginning and end. Then free for all with max 12 boats on course. A pit boss will probably be needed to regulate this. We have little time to be doing sessions for different classes with different speeds (AKA ASH probably should watch themselves with the 350's). At summer nationals with 10 hour's of testing we can do that, but with only 6 hours it will be hard to implament.
                    Kyle Bahl
                    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
                      how is testing going to be broken down??? all day for 2 cyld classes and 1/2 hr for faster boats as usuall or?????...thanks,,,
                      I thought we'd do OMC's from 11-1, Yamatos 1-3, J's from 3-4:45 and you faster guys can have the whatever's left.

As usual.
                      Moby Grape Racing
                      "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                        I thought we'd do OMC's from 11-1, Yamatos 1-3, J's from 3-4:45 and you faster guys can have the whatever's left.

As usual.
                        There you go Steve. Probably 2 hours of testing should get her broke in. I though you were going to test a couple weeks ago.

And Cheyney looks like you get 15 minutes since it sounds like only 6 hours of testing and it starts at 11 in the morning so ends at 5 but everything is subject to change. It will be a ton of fun for sure.

Comment

Tony will the hounds of Baskerville be there? Won't be a boat race in Eatonville without them!

Comment

only ask cause i got 5 new props to try,3 power heads to blow up and 1 boat to blow over,,,,heheheheheh

Comment

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
                              only ask cause i got 5 new props to try,3 power heads to blow up and 1 boat to blow over,,,,heheheheheh

I was tempted to say that but at least you did it for me. You crack me up!

Comment

Working...
                              X