Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnsonm50
    replied
    Also with many 2 blades the excess rpm isnt transferred to speed but instead lost in slippage when run shallow, more R's for about the same speed is more likely.

Leave a comment:

• propnuts
    replied
    Thanks for the info Darrell

We thought about trying to run them deep, but the idea is simplicity, we don't want people to have to modify their boats to run this class.

I will freely admit that I know next to nothing about propellers. I am asking for input from those that do, how hard would it be to beat some more pitch (or whatever they need) into these things so they don't rev so high? Pitch block? I have no idea, help!

Leave a comment:

• CSR4C
    replied
    Cooling will not be a problem. The problem will be that 3/4" or 1" the motors will be over reved.
    Our 1st version of Nor Cal 400 in Region 11 was in the mid '90s. Open to any CSH or 20SSH. Beach start, short course. With drivers drawing from a set of 20 of the Yamato 2 blade props. The 1st season was real popular, but died out the 2nd season because drivers didn't like turning that many RPMs with their motors. We had a race with 16 starters the 1st. season at Shadow Cliffs.

In our Nor Cal 400 class, we run them at 3" below the bottom which works fine.

Darrell Sorensen

Leave a comment:

• propnuts
    started a topic Novice C testing at Eatonville

Novice C testing at Eatonville

Thanks to Ric Montoya and John Myers we will have at least 7 of the stock Yamato 2 blades that will be run in Novice C at Mayfield available for testing. The MAIN thing that I would like to find out from anyone grabbing 1 or 2 to test, is how are they cooling. Ric is concerned that a 2 blade meant to run deep will have problems cooling at 3/4". Ric says we may need to run at 1"". Ideally I would like to run the class at 3/4" to minimize the hassle switching from one class to the next, so try both depths and see what you can find out. I would be a bit curious about speeds, but if you don't want to tell me that's fine. Have fun, help us gather needed info, and get a jump on the competition.

BTW the props may not be EXACTLY as they will be run at Mayfield, Ric says he is getting a pitch block to make sure they all have the same cup.

ALSO BTW we will be including Yamato 80's running at 20SS weight (400?) in novice C, the more the merrier.
Working...
X