Taste of the Regions-Wakefield Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 18W View Post
    So far the menu is shapin' up (just like a few CSR drivers)....

Brats, Salmon, Corn, Cole Slaw, Doc's magic beans...

How about the guys and gals from the Eastern time zone?
    Sounds good! The Brewsters will contribute the following:
    A large pan of mac n cheese and a large pan of Perogies smothered in onions and butter. YUM!

Comment

Be on the lookout for some Cincinnati Chili...Skyline style.

From the southern most tip of Region 6.

D.

Comment

I'm hoping it can be done

Originally posted by Bob Dunlap View Post
        We would like to bring some blue crabs or shrimp from the SE but there just isn't any way to keep them good that long, (we're leaving Thursday). We will think of something else, maybe boiled peanuts! And don't worry Mike we will bring the Rollin Rock!
        We are starting tomorrow morning with frozen salmon and just keeping it on ice all the wqay till BBQ time.
        Moby Grape Racing
        "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Perogie

What on earth is a perogie? I know some of you midwest folks like strange food......

Comment

Perogies are from eastern Europe.
            14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Rumchata

I'll be bringing Pewaukee Wisconsin's very own - Rumchata!! (to be sampled on another night, with respect to the VFW)

She

Last edited by Sheila Schaub; 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM.
              Member - Team Red

Looking forward to feeling better later!

Go big or go home!

2nd Sux!

"Sorry For Partying"

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                What on earth is a perogie? I know some of you midwest folks like strange food......
                Best ever were the ones my Great Grandma Odie made. It sorta looks like a ravoli, with inside filling being potatoes and cheese. Your going to love them! They do have them in the frozen food aisle at the grocery. Originated from Poland. My Great Grandfather from Italy loved them. Now you know my secret I am Polish/Italian~
                Last edited by Christine Brewster; 07-27-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Perogie

I went by the frozen food section of my local Safeway and asked for some perogie....they just looked at me and went..huh....lol...Would be like you going into a store in your area and asking for Lutafisk...which is fish pickled in a horrible lye solution....my brother in laws mom used to make it...as it is a traditional Swedish dish. The smell alone would have us kicked out of the VFW hall..so I stuck with salmon.

Comment

We'll bring a casserole and I have 3 girls who would LOVE to help with the corn schucking!
                    (Kelly)
                    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Chocolate Brownies for dessert
                      C

Comment

Originally posted by Christine Brewster View Post
                        Best ever were the ones my Great Grandma Odie made. It sorta looks like a ravoli, with inside filling being potatoes and cheese. Your going to love them! They do have them in the frozen food aisle at the grocery. Originated from Poland. My Great Grandfather from Italy loved them. Now you know my secret I am Polish/Italian~
                        Not only potato and cheese, but there are also meat-filled, sauerkraut (my favorite), and plum pierogie too! Think of them kind of like a Polish pot-sticker!

My Mom still makes them occasionally for holidays (along with kolacky, which is a Polish cookie/pastry which are to die for!), but my Grandma made them best! I used to go with my parents to the north side of Chicago (Belmont and Central) nearly every weekend as a kid to visit my Grandma, and her pierogie was always the highlight of the trip.

Man, I wish I could make it up this year. I never put the two of them together before, but boat racing and pierogie is a totally winning combination!
                        Michael J. Mackey
                        Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
                        Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
                        Yamato Aficionado
                        21-V

Comment

Grandma Odie also make homemade "kraut" for her perogies. I have never ventured there, because I helped one year and it is too much work. The meat ones are alot like a ravoli. The taste of regions is really building to be quite a feast. Cannot wait. I will make sure to bring sour cream, it is a great topping.

Comment

Christine, you take charge, we will bring some good stuff from Oklahoma,,,Rick and Chelsea are incharge and they have kept me out of the loop....I bet it we will bring some beef...WE have allot of it here...See ya,,,,it was 109f here yesterday, can't wait to get north...

Comment

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
                              Christine, you take charge, we will bring some good stuff from Oklahoma,,,Rick and Chelsea are incharge and they have kept me out of the loop....I bet it we will bring some beef...WE have allot of it here...See ya,,,,it was 109f here yesterday, can't wait to get north...
                              Rock on DOC!!!!

Is Dudley with ya?
                              100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
                              X