2011 S.O. Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Alex

Looking forward to seeing you and little Alex there, be ready for another good time and great competition!
    Joe 2-H

Comment

Yes, that is very helpful; thank you. We are very excited about partisapating in our first National event.

Remember summer camp as a kid???? Ah...yea...boat racers camp...at least that is what I have invisioned! We havent taken a week off in years, this will be good. Sounds like there may even be enough time for a nap in my favorit camp chair. What is better than taking that light nap with the sounds of the pits in the background? Ok, winning

I thought this was funny so I read it aloud to my wife, she just said; have anouther drink Ray. Ok, I will call it a day, untill then...its snowing in Michigan.
      Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Warbs, Dell, and myself visited Wakefield on 12/1. Here are a few tidbits of info that will answer a few questions that I've seen.

Registration will start on Sunday 7/31 & end at Noon on Monday 8/1.

Testing will be on Monday 8/1.

Drivers meeting is Monday evening 8/1.

Pets are welcome in the pits, as long as you clean up after them per the Wakefield Chamber of Commerce. Disregard the park signs saying: No pets.

Sunday Lake campground will begin taking reservations after January 1st. The phone # is 906-224-4481.

Racing will begin on Tuesday 8/2 and is planned to completed on Friday 8/5 weather permitting. Saturday 8/6 is a blowout day if needed. There is a special event race (toilet bowls) that will be held after National racing is completed. This event is tenetively scheduled for Saturday 8/6.

Awards/dinner will be Friday evening 8/5.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.
        Jon Evans

Comment

Thank you Jon,

That was also very helpful.

Ray
          Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Whats closest airport to fly into and how far from airport is race site.

Comment

one more detail

ALL of the pits will be on the judge's stand side. There will be no speakers on the backstretch shore.
              Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Thanks for all these details...especially where the pits will be. I've always pitted on the backstretch side of the lake. Guess not this year. All good.

Question? why racing only tuesday-friday? Seems like a lot of quals and finals for only 4 days and 3 categories (j/stock/mod).
                Kyle Bahl
                20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Originally posted by Boatracer4fun View Post
                  Duluth, MN is closest. But it's small. Otherwise i would go with either Milwakee, WI or Minneapolis, MN as closest large airports.

Milwakee to Wakefeild is a 5.5 hour drive

Minneaplis to Wakefeild is a 4.5 hour drive

Duluth to Wakefeild is a 2.5 hour drive

I'm a Wakefield veteran if you can't tell (4th trip)
                  Kyle Bahl
                  20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                    Duluth, MN is closest. But it's small. Otherwise i would go with either Milwakee, WI or Minneapolis, MN as closest large airports.

Milwakee to Wakefeild is a 5.5 hour drive

Minneaplis to Wakefeild is a 4.5 hour drive

Duluth to Wakefeild is a 2.5 hour drive

I'm a Wakefield veteran if you can't tell (4th trip)

Marquette, MI is about 1.5-2 hour drive as well and has an airport similar in size to Duluth. Probably going to be based on which one you can get the best price for. Good luck.

Comment

i know it early but will there be a schedule of classes on what days?? as some of us find it hard to get a whole week off plus travel time....i know it worked well at the nats in calif,,

Comment

Wow! I hope they don't charge for your carry on

Originally posted by Boatracer4fun View Post
                        At the prices the airlines charge for luggage these days, your going to pay a pretty penny to get your boat and motor on board
                        Raymond

Comment

Bump........

Some racers are looking for rooms/chalets at Indianhead for 2011 SO Nationals. Please refer to first page.

She
                          Member - Team Red

Looking forward to feeling better later!

Go big or go home!

2nd Sux!

"Sorry For Partying"

Comment

Wakefield Campground Contact

You can call the City for reservations at 906-224-4481. This includes tenting also.

Steve
                            64*W

Comment

Wakefield

Cant rember, is Motor homes and campers welcome in the pitting area?

Comment

Pit Area

Because we are having the pit area as the PIT AREA, there will be no cars, motorhomes in the PITs. We will have ample parking close to the pits.

Steve
                                64*W

Comment

Working...
                                X