2010 mod winter nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 mod winter nationals

As you all know the state is draining the lake at Jessup, Ga. and it will not be ready until June. The Mod Commission has approved a new site and its definately not new to boat racing. The Mod Winter Nationals will be at Rainbow City, Al. just outside of Gadsden, AL. The dates will remain the same as Jessup. April 16th thru 18th. Testing will be Thursday April 15th. All mod classes and about 8 stock classes will be run. I will keep everyone updated as we get closer. accomodations, restaurants, ETC.

Thanks
    Jeff Carter
    34-F
    Attached Files

The Mathews are thinking about making this one... Would be awesome to race somewhere I have heard stories about since I started racing.
    John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
    Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
    Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Great time at Rainbow City

I have spoke with Dreamland BBQ and they will bring a portable smoker and fix the best BBQ in the South for the drivers. Here is a link to check out their website.

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com

Also I am working hard to get a well known country music star to preform one night as well.

Jeff Carter
      34-F

Comment

Jeff, if it is Shania Twain, I am there!!!!

I can't imagine how good that barbecue will be!
        On our way home from Talledega this fall we drove right thru this town.
        For those lucky enough to make it to this race, you will only be about a half hour away from Talledega Speedway and the really cool Motorsports Museum!
        http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Good Taste - Brew!

OK Old Geezer here!

Miss Twain, I'm there!

But if your a NASCAR fan, you have to make the following;

Bristol
          Talla - Freakin - Dega (HUGE) Best people watchin!!
          Lowes

Warbs
          64*W

Comment

Brew,
            Your right. Motorsports hall fame is only 30 minutes away. FYI, Chip Hanauer was inducted to hall of fame in 2005. He raced for toyota in 1991, won at Portland then was lured back to boats by Mr, Bernie Little in 1992. (Aarons 499 at Talladega is the following weekend April 25th.) It really is a must see. Awesome!http://www.motorsportshalloffame.com
            Last edited by jeff34f; 12-02-2009, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Hey John Matthews----Right now the Pineville race is scheduled for the same weekend. Sure wish it's date could be altered so that everyone could make both races and help the turnout for both.... Since you live there, you might check into the logistics of moving it.... See ya in the first turn and looking forward to it.

Rick Miller
              34-0

Comment

Alright I will look into it. I sure would hate to miss out. I have been missing out on far too much racing the past 3 years...
                John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Jeff, new to this site & hydro racing. Not new to boating at all, 6 R/C boats, 540 H.P. Jet boat, looking to get my son & I racing, I live just outside Rome, Ga. My son & I are starting to build a 11 Ft. Tunnel & want to build a hydro. Guess the best info. i will get is at the races in Ala., will try to look you up & intro myself. Best of luck in 2010!!!Phil

Comment

Phil,
                    Thank you for posting to this thread. The fact that you are new to racing is a fantastic thing. That is why I love to promote this sport. It all depends on several factors. You and your sons weight is one because that depends on how competitve you want to be and would determine what class you should run. Me the more competitive the better. We all race to win,but most important is having fun doing it and being safe. How fast you would like to go is another. There are some classes that are a little stronger than other's which is another factor. I for one love to promote boat racing. I promise you that I will help guide you in the right direction because if you really want to do this it is important that you race the class that best suits you and your son. You said you are just outside Rome, Ga. I live in Cullman, Al. which is not that far apart, about an hour and a half. If you will call me @ 256-339-8037 we can get together and I will help you get started in the right class that is right for you and your son. There are lots of good stuff for sale and I will help point you to some very good and competitive equipment. Absolutley no junk. No matter what class that may be.

Thank You for your Interest!
                    Jeff Carter
                    34-F
                    Last edited by jeff34f; 01-03-2010, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Mod nationals

Does anyone have an address that can be used to locate the lake and location for a GPS. What is the name of the body of water we race on?
                      Thank you.

Comment

Jeff, now would be a good time to identify which stock classes you intend to run at the Winter Nationals. NBRA's Southern Short Course Nationals is on the same weekend in Pineville, LA and your choice may influence which race some folks decide to attend. I would like to see NBRA select a different date but don't know if that is in the cards. It's a shame to have two races so close to one another and have them the same weekend. It hurts both organizations to some degree. Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
                          Jeff, now would be a good time to identify which stock classes you intend to run at the Winter Nationals. NBRA's Southern Short Course Nationals is on the same weekend in Pineville, LA and your choice may influence which race some folks decide to attend. I would like to see NBRA select a different date but don't know if that is in the cards. It's a shame to have two races so close to one another and have them the same weekend. It hurts both organizations to some degree. Jack
                          Yes I would like to know what Stock Classes will be run.

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

Comment

Classes scheduled for mod winter nationals

MOD CLASSES STOCK CLASSES UNIVERSAL J CLASSES

200CCMR ASR J CLASS R
                            200CCMH ASH J CLASS H
                            250CCMR BSR AXSR
                            250CCMH BSH AXSH
                            350CCMR 20SSH
                            350CCMH CSR
                            400CCMH CSH
                            500CCMR
                            500CCMH
                            750CCMR
                            750CCMH
                            850CCMR
                            850CCMH

These are the classes that will be run at the MOD WINTER NATIONALS. Since this will be one of the first races of the season this will give everyone a chance to fine tune or tweak thier engines and set up work to get ready for the upcoming season. Testing will April the 15th for this purpose, racing will be be April the 16th thru the 18th. There are a lot of exciting things going on and this is one race you won't want to miss. The lake is H Neely Henry Lake you can use bing to search for greensport marina. It is located just outside of Gadsen, Al off of I-59. I will post some more things in just a few days.

Thanks,
                            Jeff Carter
                            34-F

Comment

Just wanted to add that if you are on the fence on this race, get off. Rainbow City race site is georgeous. And I have worked with Jeff Carter on many races over the years, (several on this very site) and can assure everyone that when he is putting on a race it is top notch. Jeff thinks of everything.
                              Good luck Jeff. I miss working with you!
                              Connie

Comment

Working...
                              X