Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 26V View Post
    Hey Ed,
    This means Central Louisiana Outboard Association could have a HUGE increase in club membership numbers. And become the bigest club in recent history. Not that this will actualy help them with anything, but it will look good on paper LOL.
    Gene: CLOA does not have sufficient "active" membership to keep track of such membership. You'll get a card, that's it! If you lose it, you'll not get another one. Record-keeping is not the Club's specialty: setting up a great Nationals and record courses on the worlds fastest body of water, IS! Eddie.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Just think its cool that we would have an APBA club with HUNDREDS of members thats all.
      Gene Schertz 26V
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll
      Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Record Course.....................

Why is the record course only going to be set up for Sunday's racing?? Also, is there testing on Wednesday and/or Thursday??

Comment

Ed,

I do have a question about the regristration. Why is it we are having Thursday AM registration instead of Thursday PM and Friday AM? I have to leave an extra day in advance just to sign my name on a registration form.

If memory serves me, at Ocoee last year, we registered on Thursday night and Friday AM, we had drivers meeting Friday morning and we started racing by 11.

Unless there is some sort of racing on Thursday, I think most everyone would like an extra day of work and save a day of vacation before leaving.

Another thought is to send a pre-registration in or register on-line like region 11 and then pay when we get there.

Tim
          Tim Weber

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
            Why is the record course only going to be set up for Sunday's racing?? Also, is there testing on Wednesday and/or Thursday??

You can test ANYtime at Buhlow. I don't know what day the lake itself will actually be shut down for just us racers, but whethers its shut down or not. You can still test. We test there many time through out the year and the boat traffic is never too heavy.Mostly just the local boat shop that brings boats by to test run to make sure they are runnign alright.
            John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
            Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
            Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
            Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
            Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Weber View Post
              Ed,

I do have a question about the regristration. Why is it we are having Thursday AM registration instead of Thursday PM and Friday AM? I***Another thought is to send a pre-registration in or register on-line like region 11 and then pay when we get there.

Tim
              We have to have registration early enough on Thursday so that we can have driver's meeting on Thursday evening. I will check into registration via fax or email and get back to you on that. But everyone (except J's, Novice or AXS) will have to be there Thursday evening for driver's meeting. We simply have too many classes to run off on Friday and Saturday to start after 9 am each day.

To answer Matt's question: We can only have a survey crew on duty for 1 day. That's the reason. We want to have the records on Sunday since every class will run on Sunday. Ed.
              14-H

Comment

It will be early starts no doubt I remember last time in the patrol boat 8 AM 34 degrees wind blowing and praying I didnt have to go in the water for anyone
                Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Cold Weather

George: If you recall, I flipped my BSH testing the day before the race started. I've only done that twice in 30 years. Dad asked me if I wanted to quit due to the cold. I said "hell no, I didn't get a meter reading for that prop."

You can warm up at the bar later. Eddie.
                  14-H

Comment

WAHHOOO
                    My super, wonderful, darling bride (of many years) said that since I can not work anyway. I might as well tag along to the winter Nats! sigh I can not race yet, but hey I get to go! LOL she did advise me i better plan on selling coffee if I want to eat while I am there though

"The Coffee Guy"
                    TEAM CAFFEINE
                    Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                    " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Eddie I was standing there watching you when you did that and you swam back in with the boat you did look a little cold but the bar was the hot ticket....lol.
                      Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Thanks Ed, We apprieate the work you and Dave Gaudinoi have put in to make this race possible. This race site usually has good water, smooth and fast that leads to new records. I would love to go to the Pacific Northwest, but time and money prevents most of us from getting to the record courses. Lake Buhlow is the next best thing. We think the 25mod hydro record will fall and maybe someothers. Watch for Braxton Miller at many races in the Mi,Wi and In areas as we will try to go fifteen races. Thats a lot of traveling, eating big macs and sleeping on thin matresses, but we love raceing and those states have some great race courses. We will be competeing in the J runabout for the first time with our own newly built Davids boat...Doc Miller

Comment

Hey Doc, looking forward to seeing your crew in Looziana. Young Braxton is a good, young driver.

By the way...don't get started on that thread about boat numbers. APBA took away the 'O' letter. Guess you'll have to add a brush stroke and make it a 'Q'!

Dana

Comment

Pineville Update

Just wanted to give everyone an update: the circular for the Winternationals should be out this week. We just have a few minor details to clean up and then it will be approved. The hotel is filling up so if you haven't gotten a reservation yet, please do so asap. We will have dinner at the driver's meeting on Thursday just like last time. It will be sandwich-style and definitely southern.

By the way: the forecast for the Winternationals is low to mid 70's. Stay tuned. Eddie.
                            14-H

Comment

How about registration?

We have a wee bit of a drive ahead of us to get there, and getting there Thursday morning seems pretty unlikely. Pre-registration would help us out a lot. Yeeeehaw, only 2400 miles to go!
                              Moby Grape Racing
                              "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Ed,

If someone can't make it to the race until Sunday, can they race or do they have to be at the Thursday night drivers' meeting to race Sunday?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X