Winternationals Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winternationals Schedule

Registration: Thursday, March 19, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - in the Pits.

Driver's Meeting: Thursday, March 19, 7:00 p.m. - Pineville Community Center (same place as last time).

Racing: Friday and Saturday- Winternationals Championships for all SO and Mod Classes. We will also run Special Event NBRA C Hydro which allows the use of the Y-202 engines, Novice class, and 40 CID Mod Hydro and Runabout classes.

AXS, Novice and J Classes will only run on Saturday and Sunday. There will be a short registration Saturday morning from 7:00 to 7:30 am for J, AXS and Novice classes ONLY! There will then be a driver's meeting with the J, AXS and Novice drivers before they race.

Awards Ceremony: Saturday night, 1 hour after racing concludes: Quality Inn, Alexandria, LA. We will have trophies for Friday and Saturday's racing.

Sunday: All classes will run for 3/4 mile, 4 lap records.
    Last edited by 14-H; 02-09-2009, 10:58 AM.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Hi Ed

How will it work for J & Ax drivers that won't be there until to Sat. to race as far as registration and driver's meeting. Sheri
    SPORTMANSHIP expresses an aspiration that the activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors.

Comment

J/AXS/Novice Registration

Sheri: Excellent question. This will be on the circular but I forgot it in the post here.

There will be a short registration Saturday morning from 7:00 to 7:30 am for J, AXS and Novice classes ONLY! This is the same registration schedule for Louisiana the last time. We will then have a driver's meeting with the J, AXS and Novice drivers before they race.

Sorry I left that out. Ed.
      14-H

Comment

Who will be handling the J props?
        bill b

Comment

That would be me Bill. No need to fear.
          Ryan Runne
          9-H
          Wacusee Speedboats
          ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Your the Man!!!!
            bill b

Comment

Bill.......................

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
              Who will be handling the J props?
              Just be sure J Classes don't run till well after noon EST. Ryan has been know to sleep in

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                We will also run Special Event NBRA C Hydro which allows the use of the Y-202 engines, Novice class, and 40 CID Mod Hydro and Runabout classes.
                Will the NBRA Novice class entries need to join APBA and an APBA club or will NBRA membership be sufficient?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

If you are using the NBRA rules regarding the 40 CID hydro and runabout, then the Tohautsu and stock merc 44 XS can run without any height rules..

Kevin
                  "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                    SPORTMANSHIP expresses an aspiration that the activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                      Will the NBRA Novice class entries need to join APBA and an APBA club or will NBRA membership be sufficient?
                      NBRA and AOF members will be allowed to race at this event. They will be required to fill out an APBA single event membership, but their entry fee will be the same as APBA members.
                      14-H

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                        NBRA and AOF members will be allowed to race at this event. They will be required to fill out an APBA single event membership, but their entry fee will be the same as APBA members.
                        ALL NBRA members or just novices? (Do I need to join the APBA to race at the Winter Nationals?)

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                          ALL NBRA members or just novices? (Do I need to join the APBA to race at the Winter Nationals?)
                          David, Probably work the same as last time, you will need to join APBA to race there that weekend. I suggest if you plan to attend, you join APBA right now. Cheaper rate until the end of the month.
                          Dave Mason
                          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

AOF & NBRA memberships

I have had several inquires about this so I am going to explain here exactly how this will work and this applies regardless of the class that you will be running.

1) If you are an NBRA or AOF member and this is the only APBA race you want to run in 2009 and you are not concerned with getting APBA bonus points or having your name in the APBA record book, then you need only fill out a single event APBA membership at the race site. Your entry fee will be the same as everyone elses at this event. However, you MUST have a valid 2009 NBRA or AOF membership in order to receive this benefit (to be clear, you MUST bring your NBRA or AOF card to registration with you- no exceptions!). Otherwise, you will be charged a $35 fee IN ADDITION TO your entry fee for the single day membership.

2) If #1 does not apply to you (ie: you will race at other APBA races or you want APBA points or record recognition), then you probably should buy a full APBA racing license and do so quickly. Dave M. is right, if you were an APBA member in the past, you will not be considered a new member and the price goes up drastically at the end of this month to join. You should do this directly through APBA. The membership applications are available on the APBA website.

3) AOF & NBRA members will NOT need to join any other APBA club. All those who register at this event will be eligible to receive a membership in the Central Louisiana Outboard Association which is an APBA club. You will have to ask for this, though, but it will be included in your entry fee (ie: "free"). By the way, APBA members will receive this benefit too.

4) APBA rules, including a special ruling from the APBA BOD for this event, will allow AOF & NBRA members who fill out the single event membership mentioned in #1 above to compete at this event. Generally, under APBA rules, single day members cannot participate in a Nationals race. That rule has been waived for this event by the BOD.

If you attended in 2006, this is exactly the way we worked things that year too. It will be no different this time.

I hope to see you all there. The local club has been working very hard to put on a quality event. Ed Hearn.
                            Last edited by 14-H; 02-12-2009, 11:56 AM.
                            14-H

Comment

Sweet!

Hey Ed,
                              This means Central Louisiana Outboard Association could have a HUGE increase in club membership numbers. And become the bigest club in recent history. Not that this will actualy help them with anything, but it will look good on paper LOL.
                              Gene Schertz 26V
                              TEAM CAFFEINE
                              Cranked up and ready to Roll
                              Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Working...
                              X