Live from Grass Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live from Grass Lake

Arrived earlier today, finding Runne's and Simmons behind Brinkmans, along with Tom & Colin Smith, the Ross brothers and Brian and Charlie Rose. The pits look great. All is ready for everyone tomorrow. Can't really call it Grass Lake anymore, due to no weeds at all. I will post pictures tomorrow during the day if I can get wireless access.
    Attached Files

leaveing at four thirty am , it's fourteen hours, north wind in my face and thunderstorm allong the way. Watch out Big Mac's Braxton is on the road to a Mcdonalds on the hyway to Grass Lake...Probably our last year to run J because of those double deckers. Doc

Comment

will post pictures from wireless cafe in town today. The weather is trying to clear, but it is raining here now. But it is a warm rain. No thunderstorms. I only hope the chalk lines they drew in the grass for pit size is waterproof! More later...

Comment

Leaving tomorrow

We are packing today and hitting the road in the morning. I need to borrow kevlar and a helmet. It is all in the moving van with most of the rest of our stuff. We are headed to macy's to get some under wear then pack the car to leave the Residence Inn. Finally decided yesterday.

See you there.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
          We are headed to macy's to get some under wear then pack the car to leave the Residence Inn. Finally decided yesterday.

See you there.

Scott
          Good idea!
          sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

We are packing today and hitting the road in the morning. I need to borrow kevlar and a helmet. It is all in the moving van with most of the rest of our stuff. We are headed to macy's to get some under wear then pack the car to leave the Residence Inn. Finally decided yesterday.
            See you there
            Scott
            Always good to have some underware!!!!!
            !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

WOW. We are really sharing with the group!
              Twisted Sister

Comment

See you there.

Scott
                Chicken, you should go commando!! Bawk bawk bawk!!

Comment

Update from Grass Lake

Just wanted to let everyone know that Butch Miskerick is here, but I don't have a picture of him yet. Pits are filling up, the west coast teams have arrived, and Rocky who I don't yet have a picture either yet begged for some of my burgers I was cooking on the grill. Here are some pics for you to enjoy, tomorrow will be a better photo op day.
                  Attached Files

Comment

more pictures from Saturday
                    Attached Files

Comment

and a few more..... The baby is Pete Gevinski's son Zachary who is 3 months old, at his first Nationals, all the way from Long Island, New York. I had a hard time giving him back to his Mommy....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Christine,

Thanks for the In Pit Reporting, we really appreciate all your efforts! Thanks for the pictures, since we couldn't be there it is the next best thing!

Teresa

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

7 day forcast

The weather report for the nationals looks promising for right now. Chance of rain showers are at a minimum with temps. in the low 80s. Of course who believes weather people anyway? It's going to be great even if it does sprinkle a little!

7 Day Forecast
                          Wes Callison
                          Updated: 2009-07-25 22:21:22

The upper level low pressure system responsible for yesterday's showers may produce a similar situation today. We'll start out with partly cloudy skies for your Sunday, although the clouds will begin to thicken up as we head into the afternoon hours. An isolated shower or thunderstorm will once again be possible during the afternoon and evening hours. As the system to our north pulls away from the Great Lakes tonight, expect clearing skies. We'll keep things dry until late Monday into Tuesday when another system heads into West Michigan.
                          Attached Files
                          Tom L.

Comment

Coming in from Plano, TX on WED (ex-Trenton, MI resident) to play Golf in the morning, racin in the afternoon. Looking forward seeing all the boats.!

THX for the updates and pics!
                            Chris Hughes

Comment

Sunday the 26th 3:00 pm

Well we pulled into the pits this afternoon to a gusty westerly wind with overcast skies. Pits were filling up SLOWLY. 122 pre registered pit spots. More trailers pulling in every 15 minutes or so. Very well organized and layed out nationals. Everthing has its place. Atmosphere layed back and people just enjoying the day. Saw Chistine Brewster taking a picture of me so I took one of her back! Here the pictures I was able to take and even a few of our four legged ones in attendance. Enjoy, will post more each day as time permits.

Yours in reporting - Tomtall
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Tomtall; 07-26-2009, 05:09 PM.
                              Tom L.

Comment

Working...
                              X