Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys, thanks to everyone that has posted here. It was and is not my intention to kill any class, as many have said what about me?? My main goal was to see where the interest was, what we can do to rekindle that interest, and most of all make racing fun again. As the people from the different clubs have said they intend to stay with the current format and run whatever shows up, hopefully we can band together get the new guys interested in a select few classes and build numbers in each class 1 or 2 at a time and have a decent field for each class once again. Let's all continue to try and work together to build the sport and stop harming each other whether it is by bashing classes or the people involved or race sites and pull together. In Los Angeles this year President Hearn said the biggest problem we have in APBA is the infighting, we stop this and the members will come to us. You may each have your own thoughts on it but if we make it fun again it could happen. Good luck to all this year and I hope each event is successful.

As far as fees goes I'll give a quick breakdown:
    From APBA Website;

Insurance $1879 (SO/MOD/PRO/J/SLT)
    add $511 if OPC/OB Drag on sanction

Sanction Fee $ 350 (if done online +$50 if mailed in)

Ambulance - Approx $100/hr
    So assume Ambulance shows at 1130, 30 min prior to race and leaves at 530 thats 6 hours each day = $1200

Patrol Boat & Misc Fuel - ?$100

Buoys / Anchors / Rope - ?$100

Porta Potties - ?$300

Referee / Asst. Ref / Inspector / Scorer / Race Chair Hotels - $700

If OPC crane for inspection - ?$300

Dive team - $500 plus hotels (2 / night) = $780

That makes it roughly $4629.00 for SO/MOD/PRO/J/SLT race
    and add $1591.00 if OPC or OB Drag are on the schedule to = $6220.

I know I've probably even forgotten some items but that's a cheap basic breakdown...

Looks like a good place to close out on...
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Working...
    X