Frostproof is on sept 2,3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region 5 racing

All of the recent posts have good ideas, and I think we can work it out in region 5. This year Ocoee and Jesup were just unfortunate situations that could have been handled better. Lakeland was well attended by the PROS, but the stocks didnt show. Then the PROS were taken off the schedule for Jesup and I heard the region 5 stocks didnt show again. So everyone is to blame for the recent problems. Many of our problems in our region stem from the drivers feeling they may not get a chance to race with such a huge schedule of classes at the Winter races. I know this may not be popular idea, but I would be willing to pay more entry fee and less classes so that everyone gets a fair chance to race. I think a program should only have 10 to 12 classes, any more than that and someone always gets the short end. As for the US TITLE SERIES, it is such a professionally run series with great venues, prize money, tow money, and every race is like the Nationals, that it is hard to pass up. They have the patent on running a race. I think we should concentrate on races in region 5 from Janurary thru May, and again from october thru november. June July and August and September are just tooo hot. Thanks, Tim Small

Comment

Silencers

Saw this discussion about expensive add -on silencers and just thought about all of the 500cc motorcycle road racing stuff that must be laying around collecting dust . I would pick up a Cycle News at a newsstand and in five minutes you could hook up with someone . I can send one to anyone interested , I have stacks of cycle news's . Tom Foley .

Comment

There has been a lot of discussion of Region 5 and the locations of race sites. A lot of drivers were inconvenienced for the Ocoee races having to travel away from the race site in order to test because of noise reduction restrictions. Hopefully I don't ruffle any feathers when I say spectators want to come out and HEAR the noise--we don't need restrictions on the mods. In order for this sport to grow and attract more spectators the regions need to work hard on getting race sites that are not restrictive to noise. More of our mod guys will travel to other regions if it continues to happen.

Comment

Lets not forget Lake Wales. Some of us showed up the weekend before to clean up the pits. Then we sat in the patrol boat for 4 hours while the other flights got to run 4 heats of racing, only to get my boat in the water and have the ambulance leave. Then we got blown out on Sunday. That left a real bad taste in my mouth. I dont mind helping out, but I think every one should get a fair chance to race. Thats one reason my trailer stays up north all summer
          Ben

Comment

Hello Ben

We will not require you to have silencers at frostproof I hope this helps , as far as helping us clean the lake thank you as far as not getting to run you know that is was no ones fault and as far as your trailers left up north I understand and we will welcome you back when you bring them home good luck racing
            Paul

Comment

Dog friendly hotel near Frostproof?

Anybody know the closest motel/hotel to the race site that allows dogs?

BTW...thanks for the feedback to my earlier question on this thread. It was also good seeing old friends at Inverness, and meeting new ones. We are looking forward to Frostproof.
              Last edited by Bill Jehle; 07-05-2005, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X