Frostproof is on sept 2,3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frostproof is on sept 2,3

3 days of racing over 2 days sat and sun , make sure you let Ken Godwin know how much we appreate his hard work old site new sponsor
    Paul

no open pipes

also we need the pro drivers to use silensers
    Thanks Paul

Comment

mods ???

will there be mods at this race????

Comment

If we have to have silensers we can't make it. that would be 10 new pipes!
        Eldredge Ricing
        Ben

Comment

Ben I understand

How long would it take for the pro guys in region 5 to have them ?
          Thanks Paul

Comment

it is not the time, they are about $200 a pipe. there would have to be big prize money.
            Ben

Comment

Once again I understand

But the race sites we have in fl in the city linits has houses on them and the cities are requiring noise reduction , so in order to contiue putting the pros on the schedule this will keep coming up not just in fl but everywhere just ask the mod classes.
              Thanks Paul

Comment

but right now that's $2000 for only one race. would you spend it?
                Ben

Comment

Oi! Great Idea.

Why don't we spend about 100 bucks instead and issue the surrounding area ear plugs?

Comment

no not for one race

but I would invest in the futhure of my class and start saving and do 1 at a time
                    paul

Comment

I was going to start a new thread, but this looks like a good place to ask. I am thinking about getting back into pro racing after a 16 year layoff. Race cars just don't give the thrill of an alky. As 350cch has appeared to die off, I am looking at 250cch. However, how much racing is there really? Looking back at santions on the APBA site for the last couple of years is confusing. They mention pro classes, but on the schedule listed, they are not always there. Examples are Ocoee ran Sunday only, no 250cch at Lake Wales, Lakeland ran Saturday only, now the silencer issue at Frostproof. In 2004 it listed none for Ocoee, one day at Lakeland, and nothing for Lake Alfred. If this isn't the case, please let me know. I may look at other classes (OPC) if pro racing is dying out, which I sincerely hope not. Diane and I will be at Inverness if there are pro classes actually running. Thanks in advance for any info that can help.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by 888race
                        3 days of racing over 2 days sat and sun , make sure you let Ken Godwin know how much we appreate his hard work old site new sponsor
                        Paul
                        Thank you Ken Godwin for helping get Frostproof back on the circut.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Jehle
                          I am thinking about getting back into pro racing after a 16 year layoff. Race cars just don't give the thrill of an alky. As 350cch has appeared to die off, I am looking at 250cch. However, how much racing is there really? Looking back at santions on the APBA site for the last couple of years is confusing. They mention pro classes, but on the schedule listed, they are not always there. Examples are Ocoee ran Sunday only, no 250cch at Lake Wales, Lakeland ran Saturday only, now the silencer issue at Frostproof. In 2004 it listed none for Ocoee, one day at Lakeland, and nothing for Lake Alfred. If this isn't the case, please let me know. I may look at other classes (OPC) if pro racing is dying out, which I sincerely hope not.
                          Bill
                          Bill,

PRO racing is not dying out, but a lack of coordination has hurt participation in Region 5 recently. There are plenty of smart people down there that just need to sit down and get their priorities in line. Plenty of PRO's were at Lakeland this year and there would have been good numbers at Jesup had the busy schedule at Jesup allowed.

Hosting the big races in Region 5 apparently is more important than allowing the local PRO drivers equal time on the water. I am not a Region 5 member, so I am not sure what is best for racing down there. But as someone who routinely traveled 8+ hours to attend Region 5 races, I can tell you that I do not "feel the love" anymore. Thus my equipment spends a lot of time in the Midwest.

With regards to 350 hydro, that is a tough situation across the country. Numbers in the class really declined when the 3-cylinder Rossi's appeared and were untouchable compared to the Konigs and Yamato's. But the Rossi required a lot of technical care and maintenance. The new 2-cylider VRP's have caught on, especially well in 350 runabout. The 250 hydro numbers conitinue to remain strong on the east coast. I believe that we had 10 at Lakeland in May.

I hope the PRO classes get back on the schedule in Region 5 and that "things" are resolved for the best.
                          David Weaver

Comment

Way off base

there is plenty of love for all racing in region 5 , including pro. the pros have been on the schelule sometimes they show and sometimes they don't. we peace river are trying very hard to put things back together and also work with diffrent catagories and there schedules . david as you know most of the pro stuff is not left in the region during the summer and they are on the schedule for inverness and frostproof . as far as prioritys goes the pros ( not all ) have chose to drive out of the region for title series racing which is fine but then complain about not being on the schedule . my suggestion is to support your local region first or at least the majority of the time and get involed by helping get new sites with new sponsors and designate a class rep to let the local club know how many plan to atted each race . i hope this helps
                            thanks paul

Comment

I believe that the PRO's would have been in support at Jesup had they been on the schedule and given an equal chance to get on the water. I know I would have been there and so would have plenty of others. I do not believe that the PRO"s should be given special consideration with regards to scheduling, but they should atleast be given equal consideration. 8+ hour drive to race 1 heat on the third day of a 3-day weekend does not work for me.

But, I am glad to hear there is plenty of love to go around! Paul, I know how hard you work and I respect the efforts that Peace River is putting forth. When things are settled in Region 5, let me know so I can come down and play in your ponds again!! Best of luck with the new race site and with Frostproof.
                              David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                              X