• Show
Clear All

Lbi

Long Beach Island NJ
    Attached Files
    Future J dad!

Comment

Luce

Anyone hear how George Luce, and the Horn boys faired the storm ? I know a lot of racers are in the area, but I don't know specifics of exactly where they live compared to the damage.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Luce

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
        Anyone hear how George Luce, and the Horn boys faired the storm ? I know a lot of racers are in the area, but I don't know specifics of exactly where they live compared to the damage.
        Luce called...............no power but other than that very little damage to him. He is out by Montauk and the Hamptons which is a good distance from Manhattan where the heavy damage was.

Comment

Talked to AJ a while ago. He said he fared ok.
          Mark 55P
          Team Tower
          Hydroplane Division

Comment

millville and berwick

anyone check on berwick or millville after the storm? how did those sites fair?

frank

Comment

Luce should be fine. My family on L.I. were feeding fuel to the generator but everything but juice intact.
              carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                Our 70 foot pine gave it up.........Val and i spent this afternoon cutting it up!!

Not a Northwest Redwood but still a pain to cut up!!
                Pines in central Jersey got beat down bad, a small one uprooted in my yard the streets are thick with needles.
                Team Tower

Comment

My power & cable just came back on today. Fueling the generator, cutting up a large tree for my inlaws then volunteering for the town cutting & clearing trees & branches kept my sons & I busy. Strange how damage can be so severe only a few yards from none at all. Amid some bad luck were many very lucky people in light of the near misses Ive seen. There were alot of massive uproots & even more large trees snapped & split to pieces. I haven't heard from some friends yet & hope they're ok.. Almost feel guilty having the heat on & hot water too.
                  Team Tower

Comment

Berwick

Berwick has not had any damage other than a few trees. But guess what they have water in the river and a great race site. Mother nature has her river level gauge all out of time.

JHTower

Comment

Paul OK?

Has anyone heard from Paul Sumereau? He is long-time MOD and stock racer. He lives on Long Island.

john sharp

Comment

Paul moved

Originally posted by SPW View Post
                        Has anyone heard from Paul Sumereau? He is long-time MOD and stock racer. He lives on Long Island.

john sharp
                        John,
                        Paul sold his business and moved west.

Cooper

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Coop. I knew he had sold but didn't realize he had moved.

j

Comment

With the Hurricane gone it seemed like recovery was starting but then a Nor-easter came along with golf ball sized snow flakes.. the 30lb:cubic' variety. This brought down almost as much wood as the Hurricane locally & put the power out again for a couple days, just got it back.. warming up here now.
                            Team Tower

Comment

Working...
                            X