No announcement yet.

Score!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. My first road race motorcycle was an old Kaw triple 2 smoker. I chased jetting, porting & exhaust tuning for two years. I'm happy to leave well enough alone with the "stock" 102.
    Mark 55P
    Team Tower
    Hydroplane Division

Comment

Welcome to the race. Looking forward to meeting you at Millville. This will be my 3rd season and I'm still learning with each race. Best of all, I'm having a ton of fun.
      sigpic
      Ed Donnelly
      911-P
      20SSH

Comment

Thanks Ed. My first test run will be this Sunday. Can't wait to get some seat time. Mville will be here before you know it. Look me up at the race.
        Mark 55P
        Team Tower
        Hydroplane Division

Comment

Originally posted by mark5pa View Post
          Yep. My first road race motorcycle was an old Kaw triple 2 smoker. I chased jetting, porting & exhaust tuning for two years. I'm happy to leave well enough alone with the "stock" 102.
          When street biking I had a Suzuki 750 triple 'water buffalo' A pal with the Kaw 750 could dust it but not much else at the time could. Later I rode a Yamaha 350 6 speed, seemed as fast as you could shift but was more quick & nimble than all out fast. I find hydro racing to be as exciting albeit not as fast by numbers. Hope you enjoy it. Mike
          Team Tower

Comment

Thanks Mike. I already know this will be fun, even though I may be slow. I have had so much support, and help from some of the best. Already had the pleasure of meeting and talking to some of the 'icons' of this sport. Can't wait for race day.
            Mark 55P
            Team Tower
            Hydroplane Division

Comment

You GO, Mark!!! great looking outfit!!! I will be rootin you on from way down here in Texas!!!

Comment

First Run

First time out on the boat. Ran 4 sessions of 3-4 laps. Short mile loop at an undisclosed lake (till I get caught). Have to say, it was outstanding!! I'm hooked, and one sore guy. The knees were fine, the back & neck are a different story.
                I gotta thank Jim T and PJ for helping me today, and getting me to this point. Also the Tunkhannock Dive Rescue team for standing by while we ran, the bunch of friends that showed up, and my wife for cooking chicken for everybody afterwords (and she puts up with my craziness).

First launch. I was so nervous earlier, about peed myself, once I got on the plane, I was able to settle in.

Got it WFO only a few times. Still gotta get used to a little chop, and trying to keep squeezing in the turns.

Thanks so much for everyone here that have offered support. I'm glad to be a rookie.
                Mark 55P
                Team Tower
                Hydroplane Division

Comment

Congrats on your first ride. Keep the questions coming and this sport is like anything else, the more you do it the better you'll get. Good luck. Greg
                  Future J dad!

Comment

The MOST important part---

You got the most impotant part right--THE WIFE!

Sounds like your both enjoying it.

Bruce

Comment

Rookies

Hey, from one rookie driver to another, Great Job! I still don't squeeze the throttle in the turns yet, and it can get rough in the back of the pack, but I'm told that once you get out front it's a better ride! It is a fun sport, not only for the competition on the water, but the friendship off the water.
                      If you are coming to Florida as in your original post, be sure to look for us...226M..I'll have a University of Michigan Flag flying at the pits.
                      When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Cool, The ride-n on air thing's the best.
                        Team Tower

Comment

On my first it was the hip. One big bruise. It get's better. Keeping that throttle open in the turns takes some getting use to. It's great when it all comes together. By the way, great lake to practice on. I wish I could find a spot that wasn't salt.
                          sigpic
                          Ed Donnelly
                          911-P
                          20SSH

Comment

Come on up. I will go out this Sunday if I can find a good chase boat. So far only a friend with a pontoon boat. Like something a bit quicker. I can get some shore workers, but not trained. Another good rope puller would be great.
                            Mark 55P
                            Team Tower
                            Hydroplane Division

Comment

Fourth test run today. Jim and PJ came up with the runabout. Feeling much better. Finding my spot in the boat. Had one calm water session, 4 laps,held WFO every straight, 63.4 top speed. Can't wait to get my first race in. Wussed out on Millville, only had one practice, and didn't want to be a turd. Just getting ready to load for Delaware, OH, and they had to cancel. Looking forward to Franklin.
                              Mark 55P
                              Team Tower
                              Hydroplane Division

Comment

Originally posted by mark5pa View Post
                                Fourth test run today. Jim and PJ came up with the runabout. Feeling much better. Finding my spot in the boat. Had one calm water session, 4 laps,held WFO every straight, 63.4 top speed. Can't wait to get my first race in. Wussed out on Millville, only had one practice, and didn't want to be a turd. Just getting ready to load for Delaware, OH, and they had to cancel. Looking forward to Franklin.
                                Lookin good Mark, those races are far for me so won't be there but hope to be at Lockhaven. Mike
                                Team Tower

Comment

Working...
                                X