Score!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score!!

Runne Craft CSH, Yamato 102, 2 props, cart, cut suit, jacket & helmet. If the lake I live on wasn't froze over, I would be measuring pre mix!
    Now I just have to learn how to drive her.
    A big thanks to all that called and e mailed me with support, and Don, the seller. And especially Jim Tower, for taking me under his wing, and offering so much technical knowledge, and driving hints.
    I'm going to try to catch a cheep flight to the Winter SO Nationals, help in the pits, get the feel of things.

Mark 55P
    Team Tower
    Hydroplane Division

Good for you and the very best of luck. Maybe I'll see you in Florida at te winter nationals.
    !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Nice ride Mark.
      Team Tower

Comment

So how was the Banquet? Wished I could have made it, but I am saving my time & gas money for the boat, and race weekends.
        Jim Tower spent the day with me last weekend, and shared his knowledge of the 102. What a great guy! He also went with me to purchase the boat. My brain was in overload with all the great info.
        I am getting the hang of it all, a bit.
        Found a motor stand (welding cart), fabricated a dial indicator holder out of an old spark plug, a tool to hold the rope puller to get the nut off (pic on the clamps) and a prop shaft height and angle jig from Jim's templet.
        The lake I live on hasn't froze over yet, so I am hoping to find a a couple of people on the lake to put their boats in mid to late March, for a safety crew, so I can get some seat time. Millville will be here before you know it.

If anybody has an application for DVORA, forward it to me so I can join up.

Last edited by mark5pa; 02-12-2012, 05:50 PM.
        Mark 55P
        Team Tower
        Hydroplane Division

Comment

Mark, your going to want to sign up with APBA first. That can be done from the main website apba-racing.com. That will take some time to get your card in the mail. As for the DVORA membership, you can become a member in Millville in April. Look foward to meeting you, and welcome to DVORA. Greg Lyons
          Future J dad!

Comment

Is that a fuel pump system on the motor? Than I guess you will be running C mod?
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Good looking boat! I hope you have a lot of FUN with it.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
                Mark, your going to want to sign up with APBA first. That can be done from the main website apba-racing.com. That will take some time to get your card in the mail. As for the DVORA membership, you can become a member in Millville in April. Look foward to meeting you, and welcome to DVORA. Greg Lyons
                Thanks Greg. Joined APBA couple weeks ago. They even gave me my lucky number (not that I'm superstitious).
                Mark 55P
                Team Tower
                Hydroplane Division

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                  Is that a fuel pump system on the motor? Than I guess you will be running C mod?
                  That is just some aluminum blocks I had setting up there. After rereading the rule book for the hundredth time, didn't see anything about a fuel pump to a reservoir being disqualifying for stock class. Did I miss something? Remember, I am a noob.
                  Mark 55P
                  Team Tower
                  Hydroplane Division

Comment

Im almost sure the fuel pump system is leagle in CSH
                    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by mark5pa View Post
                      That is just some aluminum blocks I had setting up there. After rereading the rule book for the hundredth time, didn't see anything about a fuel pump to a reservoir being disqualifying for stock class. Did I miss something? Remember, I am a noob.

fuel pump setup IS legal on Yamato's in STOCK/MOD/PRO.............
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Learn something new every day I guess

Comment

Mike I even learned to spell legal
                          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Scared me for a minute! Thought I'd be buying some of those expansion chambers.
                            See you guys at Millville.
                            Mark 55P
                            Team Tower
                            Hydroplane Division

Comment

You will move to the dark side some day so might as well start saving for the exhaust anyway I should of know with all the posts that stock does not mean stock by any means

Comment

Working...
                              X